PDA

View Full Version : The Anti-halo Thread

Mitchell
03-05-2004, 02:31 PM
OK I just did this for kicks to see how many replies I got. If You think Halo is overrated or if it sucks, I want to hear you. Speak up.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION!

Mitchell does not condone any violent acts, verbal abuse, grudges,murders, spam, hate mail, or Mafia killings toward people who post on this thread.

Thankyou

BananaMan
03-05-2004, 02:41 PM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks13.jpg

Hard Boiled Cop
03-05-2004, 03:05 PM
lol good one.

LiquidX
03-05-2004, 03:14 PM
Yes... but not as good as this one imo...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks10.gif

SnoochyBoochy
03-05-2004, 03:16 PM
bahahahhahahahaha
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHA
aaaaaaahhHHHHHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

n00b. b00b.

d00d

sorry i did that just for kicks too.

BananaMan
03-05-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by LiquidX
Yes... but not as good as this one imo...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks10.gif

started to put that one but then i thought i'd get another strike(which'd be my 3rd one:( )

LiquidX
03-05-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by BananaMan

started to put that one but then i thought i'd get another strike(which'd be my 3rd one:( )

LOL... thats alright. Im strikeless so i'll take the hit if anything goes down.

smack_roscoe
03-05-2004, 03:40 PM
http://ileet.net/images/talkingaboutbox.gif
LOL

Slowride
03-05-2004, 04:22 PM
I've never played Halo :watchout:

CarGuy
03-05-2004, 05:06 PM
What a moron.

BananaMan
03-05-2004, 05:23 PM
i know sooner or later that punk casper will be in here and give you a strike or suttin liquidx:rolleyes:

Koopa
03-05-2004, 05:46 PM
bannanaman is illeteate

BananaMan
03-05-2004, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
bannanaman is illeteate

yeah:huh:

E Nomini Patri
03-05-2004, 05:52 PM
Originally posted by Mitchell
OK I just did this for kicks to see how many replies I got. If You think Halo is overrated or if it sucks, I want to hear you. Speak up.
YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO EXPRESS YOUR OPINION!

Mitchell does not condone any violent acts, verbal abuse, grudges,murders, spam, hate mail, or Mafia killings toward people who post on this thread.

Thankyou

You should at least have stated why you think Halo is overrated in your own thread about it.

:rolleyes:

LynxFX
03-05-2004, 06:15 PM
After sifting through all of the crap in this thread :rolleyes: I'll respond...

I agree that Halo is overrated. Don't get me wrong, I think it is a great game, one of the best on Xbox (not the best) and in the top 10 FPS ever, probably at #6.

I already posted my reasons in the 'most overrated game' thread so look for it there.

Stagliano
03-05-2004, 06:42 PM
Me too. I think Halo is good but not as good as some people make it out to be.

I think it's a really well made game and couldn't pick out any glaring faults with it but it's just not necessarily as good (in my personal opinion) as people like to claim it is. It would need to be far and away the best game ever made on any system for it to match up to the hype which surrounds it and I don't think it is.

Mitchell
03-05-2004, 07:10 PM
Come on guys. Serious now. I think Halo is a bit overrated and whoever said it was a technical masterpeice obiously hasn't played any other games. The game play is good and I'll be getting Halo 2 but Ive played better.

Ford Mustang
03-05-2004, 07:22 PM
All of you need to grow up. He asked a legitimate questions. And you decided you'd try to act cool by calling him "noob" and all this other crap. It's not necessary. What happened to being hospitable to new members?

And yes, I do think that Halo is a bit overrated. I hear how great it is all the time, but personally, while I think it is a great game, have many complaints about the game.

BananaMan
03-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Come on guys. Serious now. I think Halo is a bit overrated and whoever said it was a technical masterpeice obiously hasn't played any other games. The game play is good and I'll be getting Halo 2 but Ive played better.

I know there's better games, but what games have YOU played that are better?

Mitchell
03-05-2004, 07:28 PM

I know there's better games, but what games have YOU played that are better?

Nickelodeon Summer Bash
Shrek
Kabuki Warriors
Bruce Lee: Quest of the dragon

LiquidX
03-05-2004, 07:31 PM

Nickelodeon Summer Bash
Shrek
Kabuki Warriors

Now you gone and done it...

Go ahead strike me... it HAD to be said.

YOUR STRIKE HAS BEEN ISSUED. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU JUST POSTED THAT PICTURE :mad:

Chaotic
03-05-2004, 07:58 PM
I agree with everything lynx said :cheers:

Guys please stay on topic and stop posting nonsense that has nothing to do with his thread, before i start handing out strikes :wink: You think casper is bad, wait until i issue you a strike :mad:

rpgreligion
03-05-2004, 08:07 PM
Halo is very overrated in my opinion. Fun game, yes. But the best? No. Nowhere near the best game in history, or the best game for xbox. Single Player is really lacking, especially if you are playing by yourself. Multiplayer is the only portion of this game that really strikes me as great...and even it has it's flaws. Maps are way too small for the most part. G'day. :cheers:

Jayhawk
03-05-2004, 08:49 PM
Yeah man dont even joke around about something like that. We are all trying to be serious and then you go and say something gay like Nickelodeon Summer Bash is better than halo so i would like to offer you a http://www.moad.org/member/Michael/stfu.jpg

Mitchell
03-05-2004, 08:52 PM
I was just kidding. I insulted him because he had been putting stupid stuff on my thread.

rpgreligion
03-05-2004, 09:05 PM
:rofl:

Just an observation...but I've never seen so many people get this mad over the prestige of a game.

Chill out, some people have different opinions for Christ's sake. :cheers:

LiquidX
03-05-2004, 09:12 PM
Yeah and my opinion was that this thread sucks and... well yeah. My opinion is that Halo IS all its cracked up to be.

I think EVERYONE here should lighten up... how could you post this and expect people to take it seriously with absolutely no flaming?

Mitchell
03-05-2004, 09:20 PM
Yeah and my opinion was that this thread sucks and... well yeah.

Well that was nice.

LiquidX
03-05-2004, 09:30 PM

Well that was nice.

I was talking about the governator pic n00b... the one that said you should shut the f up.

Mitchell
03-05-2004, 09:34 PM

I was talking about the governator pic n00b... the one that said you should shut the f up.

The Govenor pic is gone now and that Bananaman dude got a strike. its not my fault that this thread sucks. And your lucky no one reported you for that picture you sent in.

You were a noob one day.

Trento52
03-05-2004, 09:36 PM
all i played is the demo but still might pick it up sometime...maybe;)

LiquidX
03-05-2004, 09:42 PM

The Govenor pic is gone now and that Bananaman dude got a strike. its not my fault that this thread sucks. And your lucky no one reported you for that picture you sent in.

You were a noob one day.

Look again buddy... I posted the pic and I got the strike. And yes I was a n00b one day and i dont reacl ever making any threads that got this much bad attention. But then again that was back in the day of the old mods that didnt piss and moan over every little broken rule. I remember the good times back in the golden days of XBA when people didnt ***** because they were "offended". People took light hearted flames and flamed right back. There were tons of laughs and no one was afraid to post an edgy pic. I know one thing... im definately cutting back on XBA... its all too hypocritical nowadays... Peace.

mattgame
03-05-2004, 09:54 PM

Nickelodeon Summer Bash
Shrek
Kabuki Warriors

Now how can you take this guy serious when he lists these games as better than Halo?:)

LiquidX
03-05-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by t_howell

Now how can you take this guy serious when he lists these games as better than Halo?:)

My whole point was that I knew he was not being serious and I WAS NOT being serious... the Governator Pic, the This Thread Sucks pic was all in good fun. Its just that some people are too sensative and whine over every little thing. Its hard to have fun here anymore.

*500th and possibly last post.*

BananaMan
03-05-2004, 10:18 PM

You were a noob one day.

go ahead and give me a damn strike, you hard ass. me and liquid ain't do nuttin

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/sucks2.jpg

true that about the last post man, the mods are too hard *cough casper cough* n some other ppls(-yankz he a pimp):cheers:

mods are cool and all but when it comes to some stuff you all just take it to hard, this isn't a disney site.

Chaotic
03-05-2004, 10:24 PM
hahah, I love how all you guys flex your internet muscles it makes me laugh. Give the kid a break, so what if he's a noob and this thread is stupid. If it bothers you so much then don't post in it, simple enough.

You guys take things way to serious and need to learn how to relax and grow up and make xba an enjoyable experience for everyone not just the so called "veteran" members or the people who arent "noobs".

Casper
03-05-2004, 10:40 PM

go ahead and give me a damn strike, you hard ass. me and liquid ain't do nuttin

true that about the last post man, the mods are too hard *cough casper cough* n some other ppls(-yankz he a pimp):cheers:

mods are cool and all but when it comes to some stuff you all just take it to hard, this isn't a disney site.

Yes, yes, I'm the hard one - sorry that I used to be a member just like you, and still am, being that I'm just as active still.

I follow and abide by the rules that are on the site in order to keep the forums up, so that you guys can get all giddy when we get our contests and you win your free games. We have a huge community here and obviously, everyone is going to be different, hell, I've posted the same pic that you did now, so why would I 'give you a strike' on it?

I'm not a hypocrite, but I sure as hell won't let someone site there and try and mock what I do for a site that I get paid nothing for - that's for dam sure.

Way to welcome people to the site and who your team spirit :cheers:

Liquid - I thought we talked about this, but I guess that wasn't enough - sorry bud :(

l Maximus l
03-06-2004, 01:18 AM
As most of you know, I believe Halo is the best damn created...period. Honestly, it's the only game on the XBox that keeps me coming back for more every single day...seriously.

And to state this for the record, if anyone thinks that Halo is lacking anything big, I can't wait to see you on-line via XBox Live with Halo 2. I seriously can't wait to toast your asses so that you'll REALLY hate Halo ;)

To me, Halo is a game that requires a ton of skill...and when you come to the point where you think you're good enough, there is a ton more room to improve...and after you have improved to that point, you've just begun.

There's so many facets to Halo that so many people don't realize...this game requires hundreds and hundreds of hours to be anything competetive. I know I've put in my clock hours... and I know many people of the SYN clan have, too... Just wait until Halo 2...you'll get SYNed out of your mind :cuss:

ScorpionX
03-06-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
There's so many facets to Halo that so many people don't realize...this game requires hundreds and hundreds of hours to be anything competetive. I know I've put in my clock hours... and I know many people of the SYN clan have, too... Just wait until Halo 2...you'll get SYNed out of your mind :cuss:

Awww how cute. An XBL clan thinking their going to own Halo 2 :D

l Maximus l
03-06-2004, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by ScorpionX

Awww how cute. An XBL clan thinking their going to own Halo 2 :D

lol, dude...you gotta talk smack...otherwise, it's not Halo :D

But, honestly, man...I know you play Halo on XBConnect all the time... And, I think that many people on there are complete badasses at Halo...and I mean truly good at the game. I just think that many people (yes, even here at XBA) think they are really good at Halo just because they beat it on Legendary but have rarely if never played the multi-player. The multi-player, to me, is what makes Halo the game it is...the Campaign is great, don't get me wrong, but, the multi-player is really where it's at. People that regularly play Halo on XBC are truly going to be the ones that are going to run Halo 2...those people and other hardcore Halo players that play in LAN tournaments on a regular basis.

There's only hundreds of those people....but, on XBox Live, there will be thousands....and thousands getting PWNED by yours truly :D

Stagliano
03-06-2004, 06:36 AM
I don't really care how good or bad someone is at a game or whether or not s/he likes it. For me, the whole point is having fun.

Games aren't something I would take competitively. They're a means of relaxation and escapism, much like listening to music, watching TV/films or any form of entertainment.

With that in mind, I'm very interested in the storyline of a game and how that is implemented into the game itself. That's probably why I don't think Halo (although I do think it's a really good game) is among the best few games ever released. It's just personal taste and I don't find the story particularly riveting. Some other people, presumably, do and that's fine. It would be awful if everybody shared my absolute lack of taste.

LiquidX
03-06-2004, 10:37 AM
I see my post was deleted... just futher strenghtens my argument that you can only voice your opinion if it doesnt go against a mods opinion...

E Nomini Patri
03-06-2004, 10:51 AM
I see my post was deleted... just futher strenghtens my argument that you can only voice your opinion if it doesnt go against a mods opinion...

You used to be cool, but not any more. Give up and go back to your cool self.

It seems you don't understand that the mods moderate the content to filter out the innappropriate garbage and useless posts. Don't put yourself above them either, they don't do that to you. Give them some more respect for what they do here.

EDIT

Very nice post 3ply, it is nice to have some new members that have decent and well stated opinions. Welcome!

themoosearmy
03-06-2004, 12:23 PM
As most of you know, I believe Halo is the best damn created...period. Honestly, it's the only game on the XBox that keeps me coming back for more every single day...seriously.

And to state this for the record, if anyone thinks that Halo is lacking anything big, I can't wait to see you on-line via XBox Live with Halo 2. I seriously can't wait to toast your asses so that you'll REALLY hate Halo ;)

To me, Halo is a game that requires a ton of skill...and when you come to the point where you think you're good enough, there is a ton more room to improve...and after you have improved to that point, you've just begun.

I'm right with Max on this one. Halo is a game that requires a lot of preacice if you want to even survive a game on XBC. I thought I was pretty damn good until I started playing online and witnessed to true masters of the game. I stilll play this game, and prolly will for a very long time, can't wait for Halo 2.

l Maximus l
03-06-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by 3Ply Stagliano
I don't really care how good or bad someone is at a game or whether or not s/he likes it. For me, the whole point is having fun.

Games aren't something I would take competitively. They're a means of relaxation and escapism, much like listening to music, watching TV/films or any form of entertainment.

With that in mind, I'm very interested in the storyline of a game and how that is implemented into the game itself. That's probably why I don't think Halo (although I do think it's a really good game) is among the best few games ever released. It's just personal taste and I don't find the story particularly riveting. Some other people, presumably, do and that's fine. It would be awful if everybody shared my absolute lack of taste.

Now, that has to be one of the most reasonable posts I've ever seen from someone who isn't the biggest fan of Halo. Despite my opinion that Halo is the best damn game ever created, you put forth a view that makes so much sense.

Personally, I like the competetive aspect of Halo... I enjoy playing competetive sports, for example. I play golf, I love to play pool, I play poker...man, you name it. If it's competetive, I'm so there...and I think Halo is extremely competetive, which I believe is what draws me into it so much.

smack_roscoe
03-06-2004, 03:11 PM
Posted by Liquid X
People took light hearted flames and flamed right back. There were tons of laughs and no one was afraid to post an edgy pic. I know one thing... im definately cutting back on XBA... its all too hypocritical nowadays... Peace.

I agree. I mostly lurk these days. It just seems they do their best to make this place as "G" rated as possible. I have no interest in getting a email from a mod admonishing me for something I posted.

It's discouraging to say the least.

LiquidX
03-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Zero Flaw

You used to be cool, but not any more. Give up and go back to your cool self.

It seems you don't understand that the mods moderate the content to filter out the innappropriate garbage and useless posts.

Im not talking about the governator pic... Im not contesting the deletion and strike for that... Im talking about something else I posted about being able to voice our opinions on XBA... It had to do with a discussion in the chat. I wont repost it since it will most likely be deleted again.

lotec16
03-06-2004, 09:56 PM
As much as it pains me to say it, halo isn't the best. BUT IT IS THE FUNNEST! I downloaded the new call of duty demo (heh new, came out 4 months ago) and it was quit a bit better than halo is. But still, it isn't halo. Halo has a spot in my heart that can't be debunked. But yes some things are better :mad:

Mitchell
03-06-2004, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by lotec16
As much as it pains me to say it, halo isn't the best. BUT IT IS THE FUNNEST! I downloaded the new call of duty demo (heh new, came out 4 months ago) and it was quit a bit better than halo is. But still, it isn't halo. Halo has a spot in my heart that can't be debunked. But yes some things are better :mad:

It took 46 posts and finally someones said something sensible. Some people should take his example not metioning any names.

LIQUIDX

LiquidX
03-06-2004, 10:08 PM

It took 46 posts and finally someones said something sensible. Some people should take his example not metioning any names.

LIQUIDX

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/stfu7.jpg

BananaMan
03-06-2004, 10:26 PM

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/stfu7.jpg

:cheers:

OC Noob
03-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Not meant as an insult, we all started somewhere (I was the biggest Pong noob:D), but I'm sure most of the people who believe Halo is the best game ever have a rather limited experience in gaming. Most are probably people who haven't been playing PC games in the last 5 years or so.

1 rather old PC game out does Halo in every aspect with the exception of graphics. Half Life was a much better single player game and the mod Counter Strike has more depth then Halo multiplayer will ever have.

Halo is a great game, but is way too hyped and thus, overrated.

Xbox is so great ecause of what it takes from console and primarily PC gaming and anything done so far on Xbox has been out done on the PC, probably even before Xbox even came out.

How great Halo is, is all a matter of perspective. I won't argue with someone like Maximus that Halo isn't the greatest game, because his experience defines what he percives the game to be and to him it is the greatest, but from a purely technical stand point everything in Halo has been done before and done a bit better.

Love it, hate it. Just don't get butt hurt and whine when someone has a different opinion. Its not like we are arguing facts here.

Mitchell
03-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by OC Noob

Love it, hate it. Just don't get butt hurt and whine when someone has a different opinion. Its not like we are arguing facts here.

Yup

l Maximus l
03-07-2004, 01:52 AM
Is there another console FPS that compares to the greatness of Halo?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Quake fan, Doom fan, etc...but, what other FPS is better than Halo on a console? PC aside, dudes...that's a different realm.

ghost 009
03-07-2004, 11:10 AM
I don't think Halo is overrated at all. It is the best fps I've ever played. Maybe the multiplayer is but definitly not single player. My friend and me were playing it a while back and he never knew how to duck. Someone explained to him at his school and he called me, and we just talked about stuff. Then I went over a couple days later and he forgot how to duck. I reminded him it was the left thumbstick. We beat the first level and it was alright. Once we got to the second level we were absoulutly stunned.

edited: About halo on xbc, I got really pissed of at it cause I kept dying, but I knew I was good. So I decided to host my own server so there was no bullet lag. It made a huge diffrence. I don't even want to get used to bullet lag. I was capping ass like you wouldn't believe on there.

OC Noob
03-07-2004, 05:58 PM
Is there another console FPS that compares to the greatness of Halo?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Quake fan, Doom fan, etc...but, what other FPS is better than Halo on a console? PC aside, dudes...that's a different realm.

I would definitly agree that its the best console FPS. Call of Duty may give Halo a run for its money, but I've only played the demo on PC, not Xbox, and can't really say how good the full game or multiplayer is.

kenji
03-08-2004, 06:53 PM
I think that it is the best game on Xbox, simply because it was the first thing that introduced me into the greatness of Xbox, and the multiplayer is awsome. I beat the first player game many times because my memory got cleared once,:cuss: and I still enjoy it playing through with my brother or my friends. Multiplayer is where it is really at though. I spent coutless hours playing against my frined or my brothers friends, I never get sick of it. Too bad I can't go on XConnect so I can really test my skills.

l Maximus l
03-09-2004, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by kenji
I think that it is the best game on Xbox, simply because it was the first thing that introduced me into the greatness of Xbox, and the multiplayer is awsome. I beat the first player game many times because my memory got cleared once,:cuss: and I still enjoy it playing through with my brother or my friends. Multiplayer is where it is really at though. I spent coutless hours playing against my frined or my brothers friends, I never get sick of it. Too bad I can't go on XConnect so I can really test my skills.

Dude...some how...some way, you need to get on XBC...seriously...it will improve your skills 10 fold!

X-Factor
03-09-2004, 04:01 AM
Dude...some how...some way, you need to get on XBC...seriously...it will improve your skills 10 fold! Maximus, if I had XBC, I'd whoop yo' ass at Halo! ;)

onyx.kp
03-09-2004, 08:14 AM

Nickelodeon Summer Bash
Shrek
Kabuki Warriors

Urmmmmmm mate you dont seem to like FPS do you where are they in your list of games :huh: so I think your being a bit dumb writing a thread about Halo being overrated!
get my point?
Not dissin you just think it wasent the best of things to do :cool:

Stagliano
03-09-2004, 09:30 AM
I'm not trying to be stupid here but I thought Mitchell was joking when s/he listed those as being better games.

I'm not saying someone can't have his or her own opinion and think the games listed are better but, in the context, I took it to be a joke.

themoosearmy
03-09-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by OC Noob
Not meant as an insult, we all started somewhere (I was the biggest Pong noob:D), but I'm sure most of the people who believe Halo is the best game ever have a rather limited experience in gaming. Most are probably people who haven't been playing PC games in the last 5 years or so.

1 rather old PC game out does Halo in every aspect with the exception of graphics. Half Life was a much better single player game and the mod Counter Strike has more depth then Halo multiplayer will ever have.

Halo is a great game, but is way too hyped and thus, overrated.

Xbox is so great ecause of what it takes from console and primarily PC gaming and anything done so far on Xbox has been out done on the PC, probably even before Xbox even came out.

How great Halo is, is all a matter of perspective. I won't argue with someone like Maximus that Halo isn't the greatest game, because his experience defines what he percives the game to be and to him it is the greatest, but from a purely technical stand point everything in Halo has been done before and done a bit better.

Halo is definately my all tiem favorite console game, never got this much playing time out of it, but you're talking about PC games here now bro. The MoH games for PC totally kick the crap out of anything on console (Call of Duty included), not to mention of course NWN and the other great RPGs. To me, PC and console gaming is like apples and oranges, oil and water, they aren't the same and just don't mix.

Brutus
03-09-2004, 02:00 PM
You D I L L H O L E S !!!

If you'd played HALO when you were the first jumpers on the Xbox Wagon in November of '01 and learned to appreciate the Best. Game. Ever.
You would soon realize the craziness of this thread.
My friend has an Xbox and he doesn't like HALO because he only likes sports games. But Look at it this way: Anyone that doesn't like this game doesn't like it because they don't like FPS's.
I love all of them.
Halo is the best and therefor the best game ever.
I'm going to start a thread against Barbie's Horse adventure. I mean, can anyone here say that Halo is not at least good?
My friend and his Sports titles even admitted that he likes HALO. It's just not his favorite title.
But, if he plays through it, he'd change his mind. You guys actually played it, or have you tried it?

l Maximus l
03-09-2004, 02:12 PM
I think Brutus made a great point...people that shun Halo are the ones that beat the Campaign back in 2001 or early 2002...after it first came out and never played it again.

If people would seriously check out the multi-player aspects of Halo...you'll realize how much of a n00b you are even if you beat the Campaign on Legendary.

My favorite "roll eyes" moment is seeing someone use a Rifle on Blood Gulch the entire time! BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

onyx.kp
03-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Im Half Way Through It and im stuck but im not annoyed, I have played multiplayer and that is the greatest multiplayer game I have ever played but on your own in a dark house fighting againts some hunters is definatly cool! :cool: lolol

OC Noob
03-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by themoosearmy

Halo is definately my all tiem favorite console game, never got this much playing time out of it, but you're talking about PC games here now bro. The MoH games for PC totally kick the crap out of anything on console (Call of Duty included), not to mention of course NWN and the other great RPGs. To me, PC and console gaming is like apples and oranges, oil and water, they aren't the same and just don't mix.

Considering Xbox has moved so far into PC territory and so many console/PC games are getting ported to both platforms(sp?) I don't have a problem comparing them. PC has distinct advantages with higher resolutions, more power and user created mods, but Xbox also has its strengths. Like a, for the most part, cheat free online experience, tons of power, easy of use and (most important to me) comfort. I don't like spending too much time at a desk when I can be playing Xbox in my Lazyboy.

I agree, in ways its not fair to compair the two, but nowadays both platforms share many of the same games and technology. So its a lot easier to compare the two then it was even 5 years ago.

ps I prefer Xbox due to comfort, but there are a few titles I will still camp at the computer desk for.

JJaX
03-10-2004, 04:01 PM
I dont think XBC is an accurate means of showing skills...

The host has to much of an advantage, and if you lose when you host, than you DONT deserve to play halo.

Its that simple...

But Ill just wait for Halo2 to come out and let my skills do the talking, instead of boasting about skills on an uneven battlefield.

And YES, ive competed in a online tournament and won, YES ive played my fair share of XBC, YES i play spilt screen with great players, YES i have attended 16+ LANs.

themoosearmy
03-10-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by JJaX

The host has to much of an advantage, and if you lose when you host, than you DONT deserve to play halo.

Its that simple...

But Ill just wait for Halo2 to come out and let my skills do the talking, instead of boasting about skills on an uneven battlefield.

And YES, ive competed in a online tournament and won, YES ive played my fair share of XBC, YES i play spilt screen with great players, YES i have attended 16+ LANs.

I just started playing on XBC a few weeks ago and I am still getting rocked by some really good players out there, but I can see my skills improving. If I ever go to a LAN with the people I usually play with who don't play online, I own them up every time with little effort.

ShannonX
03-10-2004, 09:16 PM

LOL, that'll just make me want to play it more so i can actually become good :D :cheers:

l Maximus l
03-11-2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Its that simple...

JJaX...I completely agree...the host has a huge advantage...there's no question. But, constantly playing multi-player maps and practicing them over and over and over again will increase one's skills dramatically.

I remember when I first got on-line with Halo. At the time it was Gamespy. Here I was thinking I was tough as hell because I beat Halo on Legendary...yada yada yada...and I played several LAN games before heading on-line. What I found was my ass getting smoked over and over again. It was through a huge beating that I took to gain the skills I have at Halo today.

I truly believe that the hardcore Halo fans that still play on XBC to this day will be some of the best damn players with Halo 2 on XBL.

I imagine XBox Live having a slight bullet delay, too...and, personally, I can careless because, quite frankly, I'm pretty used to it. I love smoking a host on their own server...

I don't mean to sound big and tough with Halo and all, but, if a host has even a decent upload speed, I'll beat them...or if it's a TS game, I'll atleast have the top 2 scores in the game....lag and all, with the host having no lag.

lotto
03-11-2004, 02:05 AM
go halo

MikeMan91389
03-11-2004, 05:20 PM

lol, dude...you gotta talk smack...otherwise, it's not Halo :D

But, honestly, man...I know you play Halo on XBConnect all the time... And, I think that many people on there are complete badasses at Halo...and I mean truly good at the game. I just think that many people (yes, even here at XBA) think they are really good at Halo just because they beat it on Legendary but have rarely if never played the multi-player. The multi-player, to me, is what makes Halo the game it is...the Campaign is great, don't get me wrong, but, the multi-player is really where it's at. People that regularly play Halo on XBC are truly going to be the ones that are going to run Halo 2...those people and other hardcore Halo players that play in LAN tournaments on a regular basis.

There's only hundreds of those people....but, on XBox Live, there will be thousands....and thousands getting PWNED by yours truly :D

exactly.... fu** the campain i played it like 2 times... Halo is all about multiplayer...and XBC, and all night lans...

Anyways, here is my argument:

Halo is the best game. why? What other XBOX game has created tournaments as good as and for as much money as halo 2???? come on... tell me :) thats what i thought... NOT PC, XBOX games...

AGP Halo (http://www.theagp.com)
Halo Nationals (http://www.halonationals.com)
EDIT:had halo 50k up here.. but when i clicked it.. got mejor porn... so ill get the real link

i think those are right, ill check them and edit them if they arent all right

ScorpionX
03-11-2004, 05:23 PM
Mike halo50k shut down a long time ago and is now a porn site. DO NOT CLICK THAT LINK!!!!!!

MikeMan91389
03-11-2004, 06:46 PM
i just figured that out :( thanks anyways...

themoosearmy
03-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389

exactly.... fu** the campain i played it like 2 times... Halo is all about multiplayer...and XBC, and all night lans...

Anyways, here is my argument:

Halo is the best game. why? What other XBOX game has created tournaments as good as and for as much money as halo 2???? come on... tell me :) thats what i thought... NOT PC, XBOX games...

AGP Halo (http://www.theagp.com)
Halo Nationals (http://www.halonationals.com)
EDIT:had halo 50k up here.. but when i clicked it.. got mejor porn... so ill get the real link

i think those are right, ill check them and edit them if they arent all right

You still have to play the campaing when Halo 2 comes out tho, just to continue the story.

thrAsher
03-11-2004, 09:13 PM
Halo, Halo, Halo.

To me, the multiplayer is fun, but not astounding. I have more fun goofing off w/ my brother plastering a warthog w/ plasma grenades and watching it fly then actually going head to head. I mean, how much time can you spend blasting fools over and over an over on the same handful of maps? And for you guys who've played me on XBL at R63 or Crimson Skies or Counter Strike...you know I suck at shooters. But I do enjoy them from time to time. There's a certain catharsis involved w/ putting bullets into virtual people, especially when they're your bros.

To me, the best part of Halo is the campaign. The first time through, I was stunned. Honestly. I loved the story, the graphics, the gameplay, the Covenant...everything. I get a little nostalgic just thinking about it. I remember thinking..."This is something new." And really, in hindsight, it was the environment and the sense of playing the part of resident badass that sold me (really, the Marines were just pathetic versus the Covies).

Which goes back to what 3ply said earlier in the thread. Story, to some of us, is much more compelling in a game then almost any other aspect. Think Quake III on PC. Yawn!!! I mean, the game was fun online, and addictive, but ultimately forgettable. I got bored w/ it early on, whereas Half Life had me riveted to my desk for weeks on end.

Maybe my need for a good, fleshed out story is the reason I list games like Starcraft and the Fallout series as some of MY greatest gaming experiences ever. They had it all...from engaging stories to compelling gameplay. And for this reason I find the campaign in Halo to be it's best feature, and the only reason why I pre-ordered Halo 2. I mean, I want to know WTF happens in the story!!!

But, I have to admit, it will be nice to come home and blast some Master Chiefs into pieces after a hard day's work. (That's right, Covies all the way, baby!!!)

:D

MikeMan91389
03-11-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by thrAsher-XBA
Halo, Halo, Halo.

To me, the multiplayer is fun, but not astounding. I have more fun goofing off w/ my brother plastering a warthog w/ plasma grenades and watching it fly then actually going head to head. I mean, how much time can you spend blasting fools over and over an over on the same handful of maps? And for you guys who've played me on XBL at R63 or Crimson Skies or Counter Strike...you know I suck at shooters. But I do enjoy them from time to time. There's a certain catharsis involved w/ putting bullets into virtual people, especially when they're your bros.

To me, the best part of Halo is the campaign. The first time through, I was stunned. Honestly. I loved the story, the graphics, the gameplay, the Covenant...everything. I get a little nostalgic just thinking about it. I remember thinking..."This is something new." And really, in hindsight, it was the environment and the sense of playing the part of resident badass that sold me (really, the Marines were just pathetic versus the Covies).

Which goes back to what 3ply said earlier in the thread. Story, to some of us, is much more compelling in a game then almost any other aspect. Think Quake III on PC. Yawn!!! I mean, the game was fun online, and addictive, but ultimately forgettable. I got bored w/ it early on, whereas Half Life had me riveted to my desk for weeks on end.

Maybe my need for a good, fleshed out story is the reason I list games like Starcraft and the Fallout series as some of MY greatest gaming experiences ever. They had it all...from engaging stories to compelling gameplay. And for this reason I find the campaign in Halo to be it's best feature, and the only reason why I pre-ordered Halo 2. I mean, I want to know WTF happens in the story!!!

But, I have to admit, it will be nice to come home and blast some Master Chiefs into pieces after a hard day's work. (That's right, Covies all the way, baby!!!)

simply outstanding post... thats y ur on staff :)

l Maximus l
03-12-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by thrAsher-XBA
Halo, Halo, Halo.

Now, from your standpoint, it makes sense. I conclude that you're more of an adventure/RPG fan than anything else. Shooters aren't for everyone...personally, I love smoking the hell out of virtual peeps... I enjoy the competition against the unpredictible nature of human players rather than a game's artificial intelligence.

The cool thing about Halo is that it allows you a varied arsenal and the gameplay is done so well that a person doesn't feel limited. I also like the fact that weapons respawn in the same place and that every person is an equal Master Chief. This way, there is no excuse.

xbox is so COOL
03-12-2004, 07:06 AM
I think Halo is a great game.....

haha so far no n00b comment on me:D .

MikeMan91389
03-12-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by xbox is so COOL
I think Halo is a great game.....

haha so far no n00b comment on me:D .

thats because ur smart....

xbox is so COOL = GREAT NAME

I think halo is a great game = GREAT POST