PDA

View Full Version : Mafia Anyone ?

Max33
03-05-2004, 07:54 PM
I was contimplating purchasing Mafia next week& wondered if anyones played it yet & if so what they thought?

HaloSniper58
03-05-2004, 07:58 PM
I was wondering the same thing, because i was gonna buy it at gamestop, but i didnt know if it was worth the money.

Sigma
03-06-2004, 11:13 AM
If the PS2 verison is any indication then no it isn't worth the money. I rented it for PS2 and played it for about an hour and was sick of it. Its like GTA Lite. You also can't do as much as you probably think you can. You have to obay trafic laws and the cars struggle to get up to 50 MPHs which does make sense because of the time period, but it is boring!

If your still not convinced by one man's opinnion then give it a rent.

Stagliano
03-06-2004, 11:19 AM
I heard the driving parts of it were somewhat pedestrian too. As Sigma suggested, I think it sounds like one you might rather rent before buying (unless you can buy it somewhere you can return it if you don't like it and get your money back).

themoosearmy
03-06-2004, 11:47 AM
I haven't played it yet, but I was most definately gonna rent it, doesn't look like a game i would want to buy, although I am a huge godfather fan.

Max33
03-06-2004, 12:01 PM
Yeagh I still dunno,I played a demo of the PC version & liked what I saw.My main concern is that it might lose a degree of challenge when its ported via console controller. On a side note It seems like alot of games cant hold water cause of comparisons to GTA.That sucker has probably had the biggest impact of any game on the industry in recent memory.

Shadow20002
03-06-2004, 12:07 PM
Better get Ninja Gaiden.

Sigma
03-06-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
Better get Ninja Gaiden.
AGREED!

Max33, The controls weren't too bad on the PS2 the handling on the cars however were pretty bad though.

Also if anyone is interested I saw the PC verison of Mafia for $10 at Wal-Mart the other day.

Max33
03-06-2004, 12:15 PM
Yeah,my buddy's allready gettin it next week.I usually just commandeer his games as soon as he beats em or gives up.Poor guy,He aint gettin Morrowind back any time soon and he knows it.