PDA

View Full Version : xbox.com forum trouble

mave
03-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Any1 else having troble geting into the xbox forums. I havn't been able to to get into them for awhile now. I can get into the part were it has a list of all the forum topics, but once i try to get into a forum topic, my bowser brings me back to there home page. Btw i am already signed in when i try to get in.

can any1 help me here?

PoetSaskia
03-07-2004, 11:29 PM
Same thing happens to me and it has been that way ever since they switched to the new format. It is messed up. I have posted on this before. People don't seem to believe me that it is messed up.

Reclaimer
03-08-2004, 07:57 AM
That's what happens when you go to a different Xbox site.
It's better over here.

imacsae
03-08-2004, 08:56 AM
The only problem on this forum is that now there are about half a million popups. Every time I click a different view, any view. 2 popups come up. So just casually browsing I will have 10 windows at least in the background. What is goin on. It is making it impossible to even come here.

Duke
03-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Pop-ups on xba can be pretty hit or miss. IE: haven't had a single one today, but noticed quite a few being blocked yesterday.

Just get the google toolbar. Has a good pop-up blocker and is actually pretty useful too.

Casper
03-08-2004, 09:35 AM
Yea, sorry about the unfortunate timing of pop-ups, it's not usually like that here. Like what Duke said - you should always surf the Net with a popup blocker anyways (spambusters biatch!!). I'm talking with the site owner here to get a hold of Burstnet to calm down with this junk.

As for the problems with xbox.com's forums - try clearing your cookies and deleting your Temp Internet Files - that should do it.

Reclaimer
03-08-2004, 12:31 PM
Why is this thread still going?
It has been historic in the past that we don't get concerned with other sites. As a matter of fact, we kill off just about every thread that comes up about the other sites.

BinaryXtreme
03-08-2004, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by imacsae
The only problem on this forum is that now there are about half a million popups. Every time I click a different view, any view. 2 popups come up. So just casually browsing I will have 10 windows at least in the background. What is goin on. It is making it impossible to even come here.

I totally agree. I use the Google tool bar to block the pop ups and it works great. Lately though I've noticed an incredible amount of pop ups blocked when I visit this site. Only thing that sucks is it slows down my browsing speed from page to page here as it blocks the pop ups. The other day my browser froze twice here trying to block so many pop ups at once. Just stinks.

PoetSaskia
03-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Casper-XBA
Yea, sorry about the unfortunate timing of pop-ups, it's not usually like that here. Like what Duke said - you should always surf the Net with a popup blocker anyways (spambusters biatch!!). I'm talking with the site owner here to get a hold of Burstnet to calm down with this junk.

As for the problems with xbox.com's forums - try clearing your cookies and deleting your Temp Internet Files - that should do it.
no, that does not help. the forums are inaccessible because all it does is take me in an endless circle of the pages before the forums instead of taking me to the forums. Every time I post about it here, no one believes me, and others post about it occasionally as well.

Reclaimer
03-08-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme

I totally agree. I use the Google tool bar to block the pop ups and it works great. Lately though I've noticed an incredible amount of pop ups blocked when I visit this site. Only thing that sucks is it slows down my browsing speed from page to page here as it blocks the pop ups. The other day my browser froze twice here trying to block so many pop ups at once. Just stinks.

You have other problems to contend with. I use the google tool bar, and it doesn't do anything to my browser (IE on XP) when it blocks. Even under situations where theres rapid succession of pop ups, it just blocks them all. There's no change in browsing speed, or resource hogging. I don't know what would cause your browser to lock up or your experience to slow down, but I can tell you that from running the same software under the same circumstances, I have zero problems what so ever. Even the act of blocking the pop ups have no bearing at all. It just makes a clicking sound, and there's that brief animation, but that doesn't detract from anything. I just surf as I would normally.

I went to Xbox.com and logged in using my MSN passport. I was intending to try to recreate Mave's problem. The site works fine for me, and all forums over there are behaving properly. I was able to access all areas that I would if I where interested in that site, and I was able to reply to posts.. though I did not submit the response, I was just checking the links.
So, seeing how 2 people are having trouble, it appears that the problem was fixed.
I did see that Xbox.com gives Xboxaddict a knod for our review of MX Unleashed, in the community section.

So, unless anyone has anything to add to this, I'll consider this resovled.

Casper
03-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Reclaimer- mainly because we're still associated with them, so there's no reason for us to snub their members.

But also, this isn't Tech Support for xbox.com - call 800-4MY-XBOX

PoetSaskia
03-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Reclaimer-XBA

You have other problems to contend with. I use the google tool bar, and it doesn't do anything to my browser (IE on XP) when it blocks. Even under situations where theres rapid succession of pop ups, it just blocks them all. There's no change in browsing speed, or resource hogging. I don't know what would cause your browser to lock up or your experience to slow down, but I can tell you that from running the same software under the same circumstances, I have zero problems what so ever. Even the act of blocking the pop ups have no bearing at all. It just makes a clicking sound, and there's that brief animation, but that doesn't detract from anything. I just surf as I would normally.

I went to Xbox.com and logged in using my MSN passport. I was intending to try to recreate Mave's problem. The site works fine for me, and all forums over there are behaving properly. I was able to access all areas that I would if I where interested in that site, and I was able to reply to posts.. though I did not submit the response, I was just checking the links.
So, seeing how 2 people are having trouble, it appears that the problem was fixed.
I did see that Xbox.com gives Xboxaddict a knod for our review of MX Unleashed, in the community section.

So, unless anyone has anything to add to this, I'll consider this resovled.
obviously, it works for some people and not for others. I don't know why you would say the problem is fixed. You are discounting the people it doesn't work for. I could understand if you said, so what? or, it's not our problem, but saying that it is resolved is just not accurate. Is there an e-mail address where you can notify them about problems with their website? You can bet you will continue to see periodic posts about this in the future, because the problem is not resolved.