PDA

View Full Version : console battle

papduck
07-19-2001, 10:54 AM
:confused: Which system should I get? Gamecube? Ps2? Xbox? please help me out cuz all my friends are saying "this one is the most powerful" and "these screenshots kick ***" stuff like that :confused:

dances with broom sticks
07-19-2001, 12:06 PM
they all got there pros... i mean ps2 u can get now... gamecube get it if u like kids type games (theres nothin wrong with liking those games) and get the xbox if u like AWSOME GAMES!

xboxlover
07-19-2001, 02:06 PM
Who cares about the others get the XBOX, XBOX rules.

Aaron
07-19-2001, 07:12 PM
i agree

dances with broom sticks
07-19-2001, 08:54 PM
yea true get xbox... but i didnt wanna sound like a fanboy...

Aaron
07-19-2001, 08:56 PM
lol youre tryin to do i what i do.... tsk tsk

captchronic
07-19-2001, 09:09 PM
The best way to figure out your new console is to research all 3 machines. If you don't have the time, The XBox has the best dvd player and it has more power than both the GameCube and psx2.

The psx2 is the most expensive and any game that is made on the psx2 will look and play better on the XBox. The
Xbox harddrive will add to the gameplay.

GameCube will have some great titles but most games will be of the pokeman stuff.

Aaron
07-19-2001, 09:10 PM
I always do my research

dances with broom sticks
07-19-2001, 09:14 PM
how much research does it take? XBOX RULES!

Aaron
07-19-2001, 09:17 PM
true dat

seth78
07-19-2001, 09:20 PM
I've done a lot of research, heard why many people would rather have PS2 or gamecube over xbox and their reasons really aren't that great. The best they can come up with is "who wants to buy a damn computer if ya got one already" or "who wants a damn 4-in-1, consoles are supposed to be for games only" or "you can't get zelda on xbox" or "at least we don't have to buy a stupid remote for our dvd player to work"

And all of their arguments have been totally shot down by me. I mean why say your system is so much better than the best out there if it really isn't. It's a sign of fear if you ask me.

dances with broom sticks
07-19-2001, 09:25 PM
yea... well all the arguments suck except for the zelda one... cause i mean u cant really shoot that down... if they like zelda the most and that is reason enough for them to buy a **** consol then i trhink they should buy it!

Aaron
07-19-2001, 09:26 PM
there hasnt been a good zelda since NES days

dances with broom sticks
07-19-2001, 09:27 PM
how true.... zelda orcarina wasnt bad... but nuthin to the nes zeldas... man they were sweet.... drools.......... old games i think had better gameplay cause they couldnt focus on graphics

Aaron
07-19-2001, 09:30 PM
i think you meant didnt not couldnt

seth78
07-19-2001, 09:37 PM
Zelda on NES was perfect. Zelda: A link to the past was excellent. Zelda: Ocarina of Time was really good too but not as great as the previous. The gameboy zelda was really fun. I haven't played majora's mask yet. I hear that the two new zelda games on gameboy are really fun too.

That's the only quote I forgot to talk about in my last post, about zelda. Zelda is probably my all time favorite game.

dances with broom sticks
07-19-2001, 09:39 PM
majorias mask (accroding to me) was not good... i could be wrong seeing as how i didnt get too far... i just didt like nor understand the whole time thing...

Aaron
07-19-2001, 10:36 PM
heh zelda schemlda

dances with broom sticks
07-19-2001, 10:38 PM
yea... i am one of those people who only play like an hour of a game and if im not having fun yet or odin good i dont play anymore

seth78
07-19-2001, 10:41 PM
that's a big reason why i didn't go out and at least rent majora's mask, it looked pretty bad. I saw all those tv ads and it just never did anything for me. it just looked like you play as young link the whole game or something. The zelda on lamecube looks really really good though, great graphics.

can you imagine how link would look on the box?? I'm thinkin' damn!!!

dances with broom sticks
07-19-2001, 10:43 PM
i will rent anygame! ANYGAME! trust me i rented pokemon snap! i hate pokemon and i hate takin pictures... i knew what the game was but i still rented it... do i suck!? I SAY YES!

psycho
07-20-2001, 12:54 AM
how many peoples opinions do you have to read to figure out that xbox is the king and pis2 and gamel7 suck. go for xbox all the way!!

EIGamerzX
07-20-2001, 09:56 AM
I beat majora's last week, it wasn't as good as ocarina and it wasn't very original majora had ALL of the same characters and area's as ocarina, minus the towns it only had one real town "clock town" but it was fun, every time i'd get stuck and wouldn't know what to do i'd just go over to ign and read up a little on their strategy guide.

dances with broom sticks
07-20-2001, 11:17 AM
lol if u r like me playin that game u must have been on the ign stratagy guide a damn lot! lol i was stuck at some part where i needed to get into a tree so i juyst shut off the game

EIGamerzX
07-20-2001, 11:32 AM
some of the thing's in majora i NEVER would have figured out they're so complicated sometimes...... good ol 'strategy, like at the end after you go into the moon and everything's trippin out you have to have EVERY SINGLE mask in the game to give to these kids and they'll give you the most powerful mask to beat majora.... Some of the masks are nearly IMPOSSIBLE to find, and some of the people that have the masks are even invisible, AND you have to do thing's at a certain time in the day in order for them to work............so confusing

dances with broom sticks
07-20-2001, 07:35 PM
see i cant play games like that cause i get to frustarated...

papduck
07-21-2001, 08:38 PM
thanks guys but i already know what im gonna get, nothing to piss you off, I was seeing what you would think

giddiup456
07-22-2001, 01:22 PM
I was always the person who got nintendo products because they were in the gaming market for such a long time but I am totally in favour of the X-Box if look at the gamecube's lineup again as what happened with the N64 they only have strong 1st party support nintendo is the only real company that makes games for their bug systems look at all the games which were launch titles for N64 and compare to gamecubes ex: Wave Race, Mario, Smash Bros. wasnt a luanch title but its comming back yay..... PLaystation is good and so are there games but as the people who work for DOA3 only X-box can handle this game. Plus microsoft is loaded so i have no fear in the system really fading away like dreamcast.

dances with broom sticks
07-22-2001, 02:42 PM
yea i mean like what does sony hope to do? put ms out of buisness!? LMOA! if ms really wanted to they could easily put down as much money as they wanted to secure that xbox would win, but then they would go to court again...

seth78
07-22-2001, 03:28 PM
Which system? You should do a lot of research on each system's games and then see which you like the most. Each system has its exclusive titles that the other two won't have. Graphically I would say XBOX. Innovation is a toss up between the Gamecube and XBOX. Do you like games that are aimed more towards everyone rather than an older crowd? Does having a DVD player matter to you? To a lot it doesn't because they already have one. It's all a matter of taste I think and shouldn't be compared like "my system is better just because your system sux", they all have their advantages.

dances with broom sticks
07-22-2001, 05:24 PM
yea that is sorta true... i mean people shouldnt say that the ps2 is better then gc cause it is taste... now that is different then people who say ps2 is better then xbox cause thats just STUPID AND UNTRUE!!!!!!!!!! XBOX RULESS~~~~~~~~~~~~ lol

xboxlover
07-23-2001, 12:47 PM
Yep xbox rules alright.

dances with broom sticks
07-23-2001, 02:26 PM
i just hope the xbox isnt like the n64 and not have any of a certain kinda game (n64 bein rpg's)!