PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy Steel Batallion?

Wolfgame
03-08-2004, 09:39 AM
buying steel Batallion is an expensive investment, so my question is to anyone that has boughten it, do you find the $200 investment worth it?. I want to know if you think it is really worth the $200 dollars. one more thing, if your like 12 or 13, please don't respond saying "it rulz joo" I want to talk to someone who actually had to pay for it, you never know the true value of something untill it comes out of your wallet, so if you got this from your mom, I would appreciate you letting me know how you like the game, but there's simply no way you can descirbe the cost, and how it effects the game. anyways, I thank anyone for their opinions.

Spaztic
03-08-2004, 04:45 PM
no game IMO is worth 200.

Shadow20002
03-08-2004, 09:53 PM
Well, if you like big mechs battle and real effect inside a mech, this game is for you. ;)

Sigma
03-08-2004, 10:26 PM
I don't own the game, but I would like to. I just don't have $200 to burn on one game especially with my expensive gaming habits. If there is a month were viturally no games are comming out then yeah I will probably pick up Steel Battalion if I can still get it, but I also consider myself quite the hardcore gamer so blowing $200 on a game is nothing new to me and the collectors value of something like Steel Battalion is something I look at. In your case it really depends on how much you like the subject mater of Steel Battalion and if you don't then I suggest picking up some new releases since you can get 4 $50 games for the same price as Steel Battalion and actually 5 if you plan on getting "Line of Contact".

kaosridder
03-09-2004, 06:50 AM
Its well worth it. I bought it slightly used though so it cost me only 175 $. But its great. In the beginning I thought "is this it!!! whats the deal?". But now, at mission 6 I must say its an incredible simulator. The cotroller is so cool. The greatest thing I ever tried in any game happened in mission 4 when I was supposed to destroy a battleship. The physics of that ship are awesome. I am not a mechfan. I just wanted to try it. And I am hooked. Even moreso because of LOC (hope it works for the european release).

Hero
03-11-2004, 03:45 AM
if your border line..this might be the camel to break your wallets back..

You can't usually apply coupon codes to Steel Battalion, but in this case the 10% off code (SPRNGBRK) works at GameStop.com $199.99 - 20% = $180!

-gulch

yall
03-11-2004, 05:21 PM
I have the original, and its awsome.

Once I'm finished moving into my new home, I will be picking up LOC.

Anyone been playin on Live yet?

George89
03-11-2004, 06:22 PM
If they lowered the price to $150 or $100, then I would buy it, but not for $200

themoosearmy
03-11-2004, 08:56 PM
$200 is too much for my budget, this is almost a completely new system, but if I hit some freak lottery or something I'd buy, it looks very sweet but its too expensive.

FaTeL DeAtH
03-13-2004, 07:34 PM
if ure really that much of a mech fan its awesome! u have this giant controller in front of u and it just feels real. i happen to like it alot but even thou its that good i wouldnt spend 200 bucks on it..i play it at my friends house all the time but i just think 200 bucks is a lil too much..for u people that have the money and like mechs thou..ITS AWESOME. i give the game a 9.

Madhattr
03-13-2004, 07:39 PM
Instead of spending $200 on a game go get some weed and some booze and some dirties and have some real fun. If you spend $200 on a single game you are pretty much admitting you are a giant nerd.

Wolfgame
03-13-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm not afraid to say im a giant nerd of games. you are too for visiting a xbox forum on a regular basis, thats addiction. Don't be a jerk, If I have the money to buy what I wish I will get what I want, whetehr you go spend you money on weed is irrelevant, That was a simple idiotic post that contributed absolutley nothing to the discussion. why don't you go smoke your weed or what ever you waste your money on.
EDIT: besides why would I take advice from somone who said this "I'd say Panzer Dragoon Orta. What a piece of trash, that game could put crack addict into a bordom coma. Complete waste of rental money. wow, we all have our on opinions but man hattr you have no taste.

Madhattr
03-13-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Wolfgame
I'm not afraid to say im a giant nerd of games. you are too for visiting a xbox forum on a regular basis, thats addiction. Don't be a jerk, If I have the money to buy what I wish I will get what I want, whetehr you go spend you money on weed is irrelevant, That was a simple idiotic post that contributed absolutley nothing to the discussion. why don't you go smoke your weed or what ever you waste your money on.
EDIT: besides why would I take advice from somone who said this "I'd say Panzer Dragoon Orta. What a piece of trash, that game could put crack addict into a bordom coma. Complete waste of rental money. wow, we all have our on opinions but man hattr you have no taste.

PDO was a piece of trash, I wouldn't spend $0.50 to buy the damn thing. The only reason I come to these forums is to talk about NG and maybe if I have time direct some sad sap away from disaster.
I contributed as much as anyone else, you asked for opinions and you got one, so don't be a whiny little girl when I call people who spend $200 plus on a single game a nerd.
I have no taste huh? thats funny seeing as how it is your opinion it really doesn't matter to anything at all, nice try though.

Oh and since you seem to wanna hear it again....Panzer Dragoon Orta is a piece of over digested feces that should never have crawled out of the toliet bowl. Take my advice or don't I couldn't care less.

Wolfgame
03-14-2004, 07:08 AM
Please go back to the top, and re-read my post, I said I wanted input from someone who has atleast played the game, your advice is unhelpful(whetehr you find it to be worth it or not) the fact is there is no way you could know since you've never played it, I really don't care if you came here just to talk about Ninja Gaiden, the fact is I've been around alot longer than you. And there's no need to try to explain how I'm a idiot for wanting to buy the game. I aprreciate your comments on how you'd buy booze and weed with the money. But honestly that was simply unhelpful.

m4oH
03-14-2004, 10:32 AM
Why would anyone spend sooooo much on one game????

Madhattr
03-14-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Wolfgame
Please go back to the top, and re-read my post, I said I wanted input from someone who has atleast played the game, your advice is unhelpful(whetehr you find it to be worth it or not) the fact is there is no way you could know since you've never played it, I really don't care if you came here just to talk about Ninja Gaiden, the fact is I've been around alot longer than you. And there's no need to try to explain how I'm a idiot for wanting to buy the game. I aprreciate your comments on how you'd buy booze and weed with the money. But honestly that was simply unhelpful.

Actually you said "I thank anyone for their opinions" so reguardless of my situation you should thank me. Reguardless if I have played it or not no single game is worth $200 to me, your point is invalid. So you have been here longer? Does this matter somehow? This also doesn't make any sense. I never called you an idiot, this must be your subconcious telling you something.
And lastly whether my opinion was helpful or not you still asked for it, and you are welcome.

BoundBruiser
03-14-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by m4oH
Why would anyone spend sooooo much on one game????

If this game is anything like Mech Worriors I'd buy it and the massive controller, but I don't have the money.:cry: I'm almost certain that they will lower the price later this year.

Hugh_Jass
03-15-2004, 03:58 PM
The most expensive game I ever bought was DDR Ultramix. It cost $65 for the base package, then I ended up buying the metal dance pad from Red Octane for another $265, for a grand total of $330. Yowza.

l Maximus l
03-15-2004, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
The most expensive game I ever bought was DDR Ultramix. It cost $65 for the base package, then I ended up buying the metal dance pad from Red Octane for another $265, for a grand total of $330. Yowza.

Who's this stranger?! :D

Nice to see your Huge ass again...errr...I mean, nice to see you, Hugh_Jass :p

JediMasterChief
03-16-2004, 09:02 AM
IMO, Steel Batallion is not worth buying and especially not worth buying for $200. There are a lot of other great games out there and besides, Steel Batallion was not praised as much as other games too.