PDA

View Full Version : Tenchu is becoming avilable in the mall today

Wolfgame
03-09-2004, 09:16 AM
I've had my copy pre ordered for a while now, but I chose eb super saver shipping, so I probably have like another week before I get mine, anyways, for anyone who has bought it what do you think of the LIVE multiplayer. I know most early impressions will probably be later tonight, but be sure to update this theard with your thoughts of the game. EDIT: I can't find the link, but 1up gave tenchu RFD a 80 out of 100.

thrAsher
03-09-2004, 12:19 PM
I'll be picking up my copy tomorrow. It was a toss up between Tenchu and Ninja Gaiden, but I'm going for Tenchu. I'm more interested in the stealth action and co-op/Live features. I could care less if the graphics are considered crap versus Gaiden. I'll end up getting Gaiden eventually...

Wolfgame
03-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Overall, I felt like Ninja Gaiden was a great game(when I rented it), it's just not something I would want to buy, I wanted to buy the game, I really did, it's just Tenchu is the true ninja game.

AlBoogy
03-09-2004, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Wolfgame
Overall, I felt like Ninja Gaiden was a great game(when I rented it), it's just not something I would want to buy, I wanted to buy the game, I really did, it's just Tenchu is the true ninja game.

What exactly is a "true" Ninja game?

BTW, I was looking at screens of Tenchu on TXB and after playing Ninja Gaiden the screens look horrible compared with NG.

l Maximus l
03-09-2004, 01:59 PM
**Urinates all over thread**

Seriously, dudes...Tenchu is a heap of shiznit. I mean, to share the same OXM Magazine demo with Ninja Gaiden proves that Tenchu is nothing better than a beer coaster.

I found Tenchu to be completely cheesy. The only thing that it has going for it is the XBL multi-player...but, even that is likely to suck nads. Honestly, I fell asleep after playing the demo...and, trust me...I played it until I thought it would get better...it just never did.

If I wanted to go back to PS1, I'd pick up Tenchu.

Trento52
03-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Totally it doesn't beat out anything in the genre (splinter cell/ninja gaiden) Not only do the graphics blow but the sound is really muffled and crappy. Also i think the gameplay is sort of lacking for not only does teh feel and control suck but there doesn't seem like there is much to do. Then again this is my opinion but really the game is pretty weak from the the demo atleast.

l Maximus l
03-10-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by Trento52
Totally it doesn't beat out anything in the genre (splinter cell/ninja gaiden) Not only do the graphics blow but the sound is really muffled and crappy. Also i think the gameplay is sort of lacking for not only does teh feel and control suck but there doesn't seem like there is much to do. Then again this is my opinion but really the game is pretty weak from the the demo atleast.

Oh man, one would think the developers would have added a more in-depth or more detailed demo to sell people into buying this game. But, if that was what they had to show, then, Tenchu is likely to hug ass on every account.

Seriously, I couldn't believe how bad Tenchu wreaked of cheesiness.

Toshio
03-10-2004, 07:23 AM
Still waiting it to arrive in my country. :(