PDA

View Full Version : Ar? What Do You Think?

m4oH
03-09-2004, 04:29 PM
I was just wondering if anyone on this site had AR. Or what anyone thinks of it. Personally I think everyone who uses it ruins gaming for themselves and everyone else(online). I could understand it for like offline but online. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

l Maximus l
03-09-2004, 04:33 PM
I'm sort of in the middle. While I don't own an Action Replay, I think it could come in handy if you want to play with a bunch of friends (NOT ON-LINE) at a game of Rallisport Challenge, for example. In that game, you have to unlock all the cars...but, let's say you didn't have all of them unlocked and you want to be able to race with all the cars. With 3 other buddies there, you could simply unlock all the cars and use them while racing.

Other than that, I think Action Replay sucks ass. So, I'm kinda in the middle....eventhough I don't own one. I like to beat games by myself...I don't mind getting hints, but, I want to be the one that ultimately does the job.

CMX Jedi
03-09-2004, 05:38 PM
i own AR. its great at getting saves for complete games and stuff, but when people start hacking its bullsh*t. its not realy made to hack it was made to just give you saves damn it.:cuss:

David Luckey
03-09-2004, 05:55 PM
I think it is total steer feces. why would anybody use codes?
seriously tho, if you are too cheap/lazy/bad to get past a level, then it is just bad and morally wrong. But when you use it live, you are messing with the very fiber of the universe. AR users are tearing apart space.

If you use AR for single player games/BY YOURSELF, I will only think less of you.

If you use AR for XboxLive or system link, I will actively hunt you down and pistol-whip-you-in-the-back-of-the-head-halo-style.

SnoochyBoochy
03-09-2004, 08:38 PM
I'm not really familiar with AR. How can you use it to hack when you're on live???

No Fear 23
03-09-2004, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy
I'm not really familiar with AR. How can you use it to hack when you're on live???

you dont hack on live with it...the ppl that saved it and upload it to the AR community are the hackers. i dont know how they do that. technically, you cant hack xbox through AR, you just use the hacked files and save them on your hardrive and you can use it on xbl.

hope that made sense

l Maximus l
03-10-2004, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by No Fear 23

you dont hack on live with it...the ppl that saved it and upload it to the AR community are the hackers. i dont know how they do that. technically, you cant hack xbox through AR, you just use the hacked files and save them on your hardrive and you can use it on xbl.

hope that made sense

In other words, seriously bored retards that need their ass beat in use AR on XBL.

MikeMan91389
03-11-2004, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN

In other words, seriously bored retards that need their ass beat in use AR on XBL.

HAHAHAHAHAHA omg, dood that was gr8...

anyways, yeah AR sucks :(

i hate ppl with it, at least ones that use it on xbl

Splinter-Seal
03-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Action Replay has really kicked Rainbow 6's ass. However, I have heard rumor that a patch is soon to be released to aid this. This was something I read on the Ubi forums.

Action Replay is out there, if you want to use it, fine, do it in your own server with others who don't mind, or use it aswell. Or use it in the single player campaign. But when you join a dedicated, and you are an AR user, you suck!!!

Fortunately alot of the times these dedicated sever hosts will turn on friendly fire which is used until the loser who uses AR leaves. If it's not on, we have had the opposing team corner the AR using moron at the spawn, when possible, to let one of the other team's members come put the doofus out of his misery. It's not always possible, but when it is, it's funny as hell.

All that may sound childish, and as bad as using AR, but when cheaters can't be booted, then you have to take it into your own hands to put an end to cheating, especially if the lamer that's using AR says; "I join dedicated servers so I can't be booted, and rack up my stats". This comment boils me. However, most of these cheaters suck at this game, and run around tossing molotovs endlessly, which from a good perch you can pick them off quite easily. Don't dare try to take a molotov on head to head though. :argue1:

Duke
03-12-2004, 09:54 AM
There's nothing wrong w/ AR itself. You can backup up your save files to your pc, email saves to friends, get the OXM and Live downloads off the 'net if you don't subscribe to them, etc.

Yeah, the whole cheating thing sucks, but that has everything to do w/ the people who use it, not the device itself.

SnoochyBoochy
03-12-2004, 10:17 AM
i was thinking of getting AR to get all the cars in PGR2, cause beating all the challenges on platinum is next to impossible, and there's no chance i'll ever unlock the TVR Speed 12... I don't know if it's worth the money though. I like my Porsche 911 GT1 (just unlocked) :D

Donnie_B
03-12-2004, 10:38 AM
I dont like or agree with all the crap going on, on-line. I got a good deal on it. It comes with a mem card, and it only cost 8 bucks more than a reg mem card. I said what the hell.

The real reason I wanted it, was to get the 100 kills Halo game type. Im still hooked on Halo and I am always looking for new options to play. (WITHOUT mousing my box)

I dont cheat online, I dont plan to, and I dont like people who do.

:cheers:

Brasco

BananaMan
03-12-2004, 02:32 PM
i hate people that use it on online games, but if your just someone that can't beat a game*cough lame-o cough* then it's ok, i guess

Tim
03-12-2004, 03:03 PM
I love Action Replay and think everyone who uses it rules! J/K I don't have one, but I do think its cool for those of us who don't have the time to unlock everything. Cheating, of course, is just wrong in XBox Live.

I'm the kind of gamer that plays a game for maybe 20 or 30 hours in total and then will use any codes or cheats I can find! There are only two games I have never sought cheats, codes or walkthroughs on:

1. Need for Speed: Hot Persuit

and

2. Halo

m4oH
03-12-2004, 06:13 PM
Even though I hate it, I just bought it for 12 bucks (good deal) with a 8mb mem card. The only reason I bought it was for a cheap mem card!!;)

l Maximus l
03-12-2004, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by m4oH
Even though I hate it, I just bought it for 12 bucks (good deal) with a 8mb mem card. The only reason I bought it was for a cheap mem card!!;)

yeah, right!! ;)

MikeMan91389
03-12-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by m4oH

sure.....

m4oH = Hacker ive met on RTCW.... j/k

id do that too, then make a vid of me beating the AR

themoosearmy
03-12-2004, 11:04 PM
Always will and always have been against cheat codes, strat guides, and software like AR. I used game genie back in the day, but that was just for fun because all of those games were so damn easy (not to mention i was about 7).

I completely forgot that I ordered a NG strat guide for $10, I already beat the game. I guess I'll go to EB and drop it on something else.

SPARTAN VI
03-13-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by David Luckey
I think it is total steer feces. why would anybody use codes?
seriously tho, if you are too cheap/lazy/bad to get past a level, then it is just bad and morally wrong. But when you use it live, you are messing with the very fiber of the universe. AR users are tearing apart space.

If you use AR for single player games/BY YOURSELF, I will only think less of you.

If you use AR for XboxLive or system link, I will actively hunt you down and pistol-whip-you-in-the-back-of-the-head-halo-style.

Please... you make AR use sound like a disgusting, loathesome, vile, act. God will not cast you down to hell after AR use.

I don't own an action replay, but it'd be fun to dissect some games and squeeze a few more hours out of it.

Just as long as AR users stay off XboxLive, I'm cool.

SnoochyBoochy
03-13-2004, 08:37 AM
Ummm... So... If.. u... have... AR... and...you

uggh
ok if you have AR and you use it on live, what advantages does it give you over the other players?? Sorry, I know nothing.

George89
03-13-2004, 10:02 AM
I don't personally own AR, and I don't plan to. I said I'm in the middle, but I think people are stupid if they do all the hacking stuff

m4oH
03-14-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy
Ummm... So... If.. u... have... AR... and...you

uggh
ok if you have AR and you use it on live, what advantages does it give you over the other players?? Sorry, I know nothing. Well for example, you can get molotov ****tails on RS3on LIVE