PDA

View Full Version : Congrats The Suffering

* Lord Vulcan *
03-10-2004, 12:26 AM
I just went and bought my copy of the suffering today went home and played 4 hours. this game is ONE of the best horror/action game i have ever played. and the Insanity mode were you change form into a horrifing creature it is sick, also the story in kool. just my expectations i suspected this to be a good game and turned out to be really good. if you havent tryed this than i sujest you do and for those of you who are horror fans go check this out now... the best example of this game compared to another would be Nightmare Creatures. NOW GO CHECK IN OUT.

thrAsher
03-10-2004, 01:11 AM
Right on...but is it scary or just gross and bloody? I'd be down if it scares the pants off of you. If it's just gory, I think I'd pass.

l Maximus l
03-10-2004, 01:24 AM
I haven't played the full version yet, but, my brother has this game and he has been going crazy! He says it's awesome...and scary as hell! The way he described it was "extremely twisted and freaky as hell game".

So, if you guys know what that means and sounds good, I would suggest picking this up. My brother is the most picky dude with video games...you guys think I'm picky? Damn, you guys haven't met my brother...and he friggin' loves The Suffering :D

Variation-XBA
03-10-2004, 02:42 AM
Going to give it a rent this week sometime I hope, been readin good things on it, though Im not a horror game game, so we'll see

SkoalMint
03-10-2004, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by thrAsher-XBA
Right on...but is it scary or just gross and bloody? I'd be down if it scares the pants off of you. If it's just gory, I think I'd pass.

Sure there is lots of blood and gore, but this is definitely a scary game as well. Noises behind you and you turn around and nothing is there. Things zooming past that you have no idea what they are. Flashbacks that just occur out of nowhere while you're still playing the game (i.e., not just cutscenes). The game really keeps you on edge. Mrs. Skoal had to leave the room after the first few levels because it was scaring her too much to watch me play. She said she was having trouble breathing because she kept holding her breath too much waiting for the next thing to happen.

RudedogX
03-10-2004, 07:26 AM
Damn it all! I'm still waiting for EBGames to get the game here!:cuss: This is without a doubt THE game that I was excited about at E3 when no one else paid much attention to it! I'm glad to hear it's as scary as I thought it would be and all, but damn...I want to play it already!:cuss:

BORNGD
03-10-2004, 10:39 AM
this is a great game! but i wouldnt say its real scary...its creepy as hell though!

Too much action to be scared ya know? you are constantly fighting and such, but this really is a good game if you are dying for some survival horror!!

DIGITAL
03-10-2004, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
I haven't played the full version yet, but, my brother has this game and he has been going crazy! He says it's awesome...and scary as hell! The way he described it was "extremely twisted and freaky as hell game".

So, if you guys know what that means and sounds good, I would suggest picking this up. My brother is the most picky dude with video games...you guys think I'm picky? Damn, you guys haven't met my brother...and he friggin' loves The Suffering :D thats funny cause my little brother never plays xbox but he tried the demo for this game an loved it

MaxPain
03-10-2004, 02:17 PM
Let me just say this is in the top 3 action/horror games i've ever played. And I've played them all on every console.. including the RE series.. get it.

George89
03-10-2004, 02:56 PM
I might rent it I guess.

riptor_j
03-10-2004, 02:58 PM
I'm going to have to get this game too. I knew it was going to be fricking sweet!

Chewy
03-10-2004, 11:29 PM
I am playing it right now. I hope to have a review done on this puppy for next week sometime. For now I just have one word...... SWEET!

Heavens Gate
03-11-2004, 06:29 AM
My wife bought the game yesterday after she seen the commercial for it and it's the best horror game ever made. The violence, gore, profanity and overall creepiness can't be touched. I can't believe Midway pulled it off. It will definately get survival horror GOTY. The graphics are some of the best yet seen and the profanity is way over the top. There's the word f*ck in almost every sentence and when one of the prisoners told a baddy to suck his c*ck, I knew this game was going to be disturbing. I like it when your character hears voices in his head to either kill or not kill. This game just freaks me out. Go out and get it now!
Oh, and by the way the gameplay rocks as well

RudedogX
03-11-2004, 06:43 AM
Bah! Still waiting for my game here! Damn you all for getting me even more excited for this game!:cry:

Slowride
03-11-2004, 01:12 PM
hhhmmm...i'll have to give this game a rent.

Shadow20002
03-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Being busy with Ng these days, maybe i will get it when the price drop. ;)

thrAsher
03-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by SkoalMint

Sure there is lots of blood and gore, but this is definitely a scary game as well. Noises behind you and you turn around and nothing is there. Things zooming past that you have no idea what they are. Flashbacks that just occur out of nowhere while you're still playing the game (i.e., not just cutscenes). The game really keeps you on edge. Mrs. Skoal had to leave the room after the first few levels because it was scaring her too much to watch me play. She said she was having trouble breathing because she kept holding her breath too much waiting for the next thing to happen.

Man, oh, man. I gotta get this one, now, too. Too many damn games on my radar, and best of all, they're OUT, not on the way. Guess I picked a good time to quit my job. :p And thank god my brother let me hook up my Xbox and TV at his pad. He and his wife can still get their game on and I'm not cramping there style...

WynnFire
03-12-2004, 02:11 AM
I have been trying to find this game. It is either sold out or not being carried by anyone near me. I can't find a place that rents it either. I have the demo and with my 5.1 speaker setup, it scared the hell out of me. I could hear creepy noises all around me, damn. I can't wait to find it somewhere, I am definately going to buy it. This the is game I have been waiting for.

:D