PDA

View Full Version : Get the Word Out... MTX: Mototrax is toooo SWEEEET!

borka105
03-10-2004, 06:06 PM
without a doubt the best moto game that has ever been made.

MX: Unleashed is the "arcadey" version of the sport. This game is all sim..... all about timing and navigating the bike.

I will say that this game is very very difficult, but it's extremely rewarding.

it has 8 player live play and already has an amazing community with dedicated servers up courtesy of Activision.

the guys who made Excitebike 64, made this game and boy is it great...

the single player is very deep and the game features all the sponsors in the sport.

there is supercross, motocross, freestyle events and free roam.

the tracks are all realistic and even includes the real life track of Travis Pastrana's home in MD.

awesome game that's a definite buy for anyone remotely interested in racing games.

if you guys have any questions, please ask away....

-borka105

nutsnyomowf
03-10-2004, 06:37 PM
How many players does this game support, per Xbox?If more than one I might pick it up.

ramprider0
03-11-2004, 01:15 AM
It's 1-2 player in splitscreen and I think up to 8 players in system link and up to 8 players on Xbox Live and it supports custom soundtracks and scoreboards its a pretty cool game IMO!

l Maximus l
03-11-2004, 01:30 AM
I may have to seriously rent this one and check it out. I heard a lot of positive things about the development of this game...and I would be a fool to pass this up without checking it out first.

I was a huge fan of Excitebike 64.....eventhough I found it to be too easy. I put tons of hours into that one.

ramprider0
03-11-2004, 06:20 AM
I'm a huge huge fan of Pastrana and I thought I bought a peice of crap at first but I kept playing it because well I just payed 50.00 for it but it got addictive the thing I really had to get used to was the cornering its not anything like MX Unleashed but once you get used to it its fun:) this game does beat MXU in the Features department it has all sorts of stuff to unlock like videos,secret characters,sponsers,tracks,bikes and the career mode is awesome you win races and pick up sponsers like in real life and the freeride mode is like THUG's was where you talk to people and complete the objectives they give you and the riders that you hear its actually their voice and not some actor! I still haven't beat the 250 master SX series yet I think its alot more difficult than Excitebike 64 was but thats just my opnion:D

CrazyCougar
03-11-2004, 11:49 AM
This game is absolutley so much fun. Unleashed has a few neat options but it doenst hold a candle to MTX : MotoTrax. And that isnt just because of being Live enabled. The physics and controls in this game are awesome. You dont just hold the gas down throughout a track. You need to hit your turns right, hit the ramps and whoops right. Actually the whoops may be a little easy to go over. But the triple jumps can really slow you down ifyou dont hit them right.

I am currently in the 250's as well and not doing so hot.

I think one of the best features in this game is when you are in a lobby on live, awaiting the race to start, you dont just sit there. You ride around the track in free ride until the host decides to start the race. Almost like warming up.

Definitely a must buy, I played Unleashed and I would definitely pass it over and get Mototrax if you dont have either game. Mototrax is the way to go.

ramprider0
03-11-2004, 03:49 PM
I think the mudd effects on the woodbridge track are awesome! I don't have live so I can't enjoy that part of the game but offline is fun by itself:)

borka105
03-11-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar
This game is absolutley so much fun. Unleashed has a few neat options but it doenst hold a candle to MTX : MotoTrax. And that isnt just because of being Live enabled. The physics and controls in this game are awesome. You dont just hold the gas down throughout a track. You need to hit your turns right, hit the ramps and whoops right. Actually the whoops may be a little easy to go over. But the triple jumps can really slow you down ifyou dont hit them right.

I am currently in the 250's as well and not doing so hot.

I think one of the best features in this game is when you are in a lobby on live, awaiting the race to start, you dont just sit there. You ride around the track in free ride until the host decides to start the race. Almost like warming up.

Definitely a must buy, I played Unleashed and I would definitely pass it over and get Mototrax if you dont have either game. Mototrax is the way to go.

well said, this game really has impressed me because although it may be very difficult, it is also very rewarding.

it's a true sim where you have to time yourself and know when to hit the gas and when to brake.

for more information or if you want to ask the developers of the game questions..... check out www.xblracing.com and then head to the forums.

-borka105

ramprider0
03-12-2004, 02:11 AM
OMFG I beat 250cc master SX and I was almosted holding my breath the whole time! I owned everyone at Daytona but at SF I got schooled by the AI:cuss: but it was extremely fun I still have tons of stuff to unlock even though I've played through all the tracks this game is getting better and better I still haven't gotten to ride every bike brand yet though:(

Splinter-Seal
03-12-2004, 08:00 AM
Wow! I can't believe there are actually fans of this game. I bought this excuse for a MX game, played for a day, played it on LIVE one night, and traded it in. Not long enough you say? I'm 28 years old, I know when I like something. I gave this horrid disc a fair trial, I even went as far as making a customized profile to little added love.

I'm a veteran MX racer. This game's physics are so far from realistic it's pathetic. MX Unleashed's physics are the closest I have experienced to date. Motocross Madness 2 was the reining champ until MX Unleashed hit the shelves. MTX MotoTrax makes me feel as if the track is moving under me, rather than the bike moving across the terrain. If either of them are arcadey, it's this hunk o' trash.

I'm sorry to come across harsh, but the only problem I have with MX Unleashed is the fact that it's not LIVE capable. That said, I think it's a spot on example of what an MX game should be. MTX MotoTrax on the other hand is a poor attempt -silly character mods, truely the worst phyiscs, and while the graphics are fair, they still leave alot to be desired. While you may find the graphics to be somewhat attractive, the physics are sure to soon shade any hope you had of this game if you are a fan of realism. Yes, this is a game, and it's supposed to be fun, but what makes things fun for alot of people don't work for me. Realism is what makes games of this genre fun to me. I'm hard to please when it comes to games like this, I'll admit.

Then there is the sound issue. When it comes to the racing genre, I'm as serious about sounds as I am in the shooter genre. If the game doesn't have an attractive sounds package, I usually do not enjoy it -just me being strange. Well, I for one know that MTX's sounds lack mega detail. Hell, you can't even rev out in the air, which to me adds a whole new dimension of realism. Come to think of it, you can't rev the damn thing at all -you hit the throttle button, and it goes up to it's limiter immediately, where it stays. In MX Unleashed the sounds are very accurate -from the pings of the 2- strokes, to the thunder of the 4- strokes. Each cc class has it's own unique, and accurate sound from both engine types. And being able to rev it out right before you land from a jump is super cool, and what happens in the world of MX due to mass inertia -revving in the air brings the front end up, while tapping the brakes and stopping the rear wheel drops the front end.

The timing issue is also a joke in MTX MotoTrax. When you are going through a section of strategically placed jumps, you miss one, no big deal. That's not the way it happens. MX Unleashed again surpassed MTX Mototrax. Not to mention the turning. The Turning in MTX MotoTrax makes the game feel as if you are playing on a sled rather than an agile racing machine. The bikes push massively in the corners, and railing a berm is a joke. In MX Unleashed you dive into a corner, tap the brakes, slide the rear around until you're satisfied with your aligment on the upcoming obstacle, fan the clutch, and fire out of the corner like a bullet -just like the real thing. Mess this up, and you'll be passed. It sounds like alot to do, but it becomes second nature, and it's hella fast action.

Again, I'm sorry to come across harsh, but I think this is one pile of garbage, and a huge insult to the MX racing genre. You'd think that by now they could make a decent MX game that's online capable. While MX Unleashed is super cool, nicely finished, and accurately detailed, it still lacks online play which sadly is the ultimate killer of most great games, or those that had the potential to be huge sellers. IN my opinion, if you want a truely realistic, and fun MX experience that lacks online play, grab the hell out of MX Unleashed. If you are a diehard multi-player, who cannot stand to play a game alone, stick with Motocross Madness 2. Even that game is leaps, and bounds ahead of MTX MotoTrax.

Mahlon
03-12-2004, 11:39 AM
Wow. I was kicking myself for buying Unleashed last week. Feel better now. :)

ramprider0
03-12-2004, 06:16 PM
After playing both games I think MXU is a little too floaty after playing MTX when you play MXU it feels like you're in the air for along time so in MXU 2 I think they need to increase gravity a little bit and if there is a MTX 2 I think they need to make it so that you take people out and possibly land on other riders and make it so that you feel like you're more in control of everything and then we'll have even better games next time around:)

l Maximus l
03-12-2004, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Splinter-Seal
Wow! I can't believe there are actually fans of this game. I bought this excuse for a MX game, played for a day, played it on LIVE one night, and traded it in. Not long enough you say? I'm 28 years old, I know when I like something. I gave this horrid disc a fair trial, I even went as far as making a customized profile to little added love.

I'm a veteran MX racer. This game's physics are so far from realistic it's pathetic. MX Unleashed's physics are the closest I have experienced to date. Motocross Madness 2 was the reining champ until MX Unleashed hit the shelves. MTX MotoTrax makes me feel as if the track is moving under me, rather than the bike moving across the terrain. If either of them are arcadey, it's this hunk o' trash.

I'm sorry to come across harsh, but the only problem I have with MX Unleashed is the fact that it's not LIVE capable. That said, I think it's a spot on example of what an MX game should be. MTX MotoTrax on the other hand is a poor attempt -silly character mods, truely the worst phyiscs, and while the graphics are fair, they still leave alot to be desired. While you may find the graphics to be somewhat attractive, the physics are sure to soon shade any hope you had of this game if you are a fan of realism. Yes, this is a game, and it's supposed to be fun, but what makes things fun for alot of people don't work for me. Realism is what makes games of this genre fun to me. I'm hard to please when it comes to games like this, I'll admit.

Then there is the sound issue. When it comes to the racing genre, I'm as serious about sounds as I am in the shooter genre. If the game doesn't have an attractive sounds package, I usually do not enjoy it -just me being strange. Well, I for one know that MTX's sounds lack mega detail. Hell, you can't even rev out in the air, which to me adds a whole new dimension of realism. Come to think of it, you can't rev the damn thing at all -you hit the throttle button, and it goes up to it's limiter immediately, where it stays. In MX Unleashed the sounds are very accurate -from the pings of the 2- strokes, to the thunder of the 4- strokes. Each cc class has it's own unique, and accurate sound from both engine types. And being able to rev it out right before you land from a jump is super cool, and what happens in the world of MX due to mass inertia -revving in the air brings the front end up, while tapping the brakes and stopping the rear wheel drops the front end.

The timing issue is also a joke in MTX MotoTrax. When you are going through a section of strategically placed jumps, you miss one, no big deal. That's not the way it happens. MX Unleashed again surpassed MTX Mototrax. Not to mention the turning. The Turning in MTX MotoTrax makes the game feel as if you are playing on a sled rather than an agile racing machine. The bikes push massively in the corners, and railing a berm is a joke. In MX Unleashed you dive into a corner, tap the brakes, slide the rear around until you're satisfied with your aligment on the upcoming obstacle, fan the clutch, and fire out of the corner like a bullet -just like the real thing. Mess this up, and you'll be passed. It sounds like alot to do, but it becomes second nature, and it's hella fast action.

Again, I'm sorry to come across harsh, but I think this is one pile of garbage, and a huge insult to the MX racing genre. You'd think that by now they could make a decent MX game that's online capable. While MX Unleashed is super cool, nicely finished, and accurately detailed, it still lacks online play which sadly is the ultimate killer of most great games, or those that had the potential to be huge sellers. IN my opinion, if you want a truely realistic, and fun MX experience that lacks online play, grab the hell out of MX Unleashed. If you are a diehard multi-player, who cannot stand to play a game alone, stick with Motocross Madness 2. Even that game is leaps, and bounds ahead of MTX MotoTrax.

Wow...I'm glad I didn't go outright and buy it. I'll likely rent both...but, I'm hoping for a Motocross Madness game on XBox...does anyone know if one is coming? I heard only rumors that it is...but, that's just it...rumors.

If it does, I'll pass on all motocross games until Motocross Madness comes out on the green and black beauty.

Viper87227
03-12-2004, 06:45 PM
Maximus....if oyur looking for a Motocross Madness game on XBox, that is basically MX Unleahsed. MCM1, MCM2, and MXU were all made by Rainbow Studios. If Rainbow Studios werent owned by THQ....this would have been MCM3 with Xbox Live, Xbox Exclusive and all the works. This is the game for j00 mang

borka105
03-13-2004, 11:19 AM
harsh comments man, I must admit.....

but from my play of both games, MX: Unleashed is PURE ARCADE action.

let me say this first: From playing Unleashed for about five hours, I realized that you DON'T even have to break once in the whole game. You get massive air all the time and truthfully, there is no skill involved.

if MX: Unleashed is so realistic and true to the sport, then why is that on the back of the box it's main advertisement is a quote telling gamers that you get to mess around with a humvees and airplanes....

MTX: Mototrax is being praised by actual riders of the sport. The game features tons of videos from real riders who talk about the sport of motocross and why it's so great.

the guys who made this game actually visited Travis Pastrana's(sp?) compound and actually worked with him and other rider's of the sport.

they even learned to ride bikes themselves to test out how a bike feels. The game includes some serious crashed in where one of the programmers goes into a foam pit but misses and falls some 30 feet to the ground.....

the game includes every single major sponosr including No Fear, Fox, and about 30 or so others.

It is the only Motocross game to have the officially licensed X Games arena.

It is the only motocross game with a track editor that is so detailed that it is the first of its kind.

unliked MX: Unleashed this game is TOUGH....real tough and frankly I believe that you simply tried it out and sucked at it...... so this is why your b*tching.

I race with people at xblracing.com and many of those people are very much into the sport and know a lot about it. They praise the game very much so as being the most realistic in duplicating this sport.

I am sorry that you popped the disk in and thought the game sucked...... this is one of those games that takes time to learn and master.

if you guys think that pgr2 or moto GP was hard, this game is 10x harder......

oh and the whole point of you actually making a character....WELL DUH! you need to create a character in order to start the career mode anyway........ Furthermore giving me proof that you barely touched it.

-borka105

Splinter-Seal
03-13-2004, 11:47 AM
Alright, Borka. While my comments may have been harsh, they weren't aimed at you. What, do you work for this company?

I KNOW what realism is in an MX game. How? I raced MX for 14 years. MTX MotoTrax is puke when it comes to realism.

MTX is difficult? The game practically plays ittself!! -arcade.

You think because it is endorsed by professionals of the sport that it's realistic? Hello....gimmick anyone? Who better to get to push a new game into the paws of the young than Travis Pastrana? While some of the 'extras' they included in the game -licensing, etc are cool, they really should have worked on the games' physics, sounds, and overall feel rather than wasting resources on what they did.

The Extras, or the 'arcade' add ins that were implemented in MX Unleashed do not include a Hummer. They are all 'unlockables' that I find rather annoying, but fun to make a round in once. The overall gameplay is much better, much faster, and much more realistic. I saw someone mention MM2 -this is MM2 for the Xbox, trust me.

(Quote from Borka)
I am sorry that you popped the disk in and thought the game sucked...... this is one of those games that takes time to learn and master.

if you guys think that pgr2 or moto GP was hard, this game is 10x harder......

oh and the whole point of you actually making a character....WELL DUH! you need to create a character in order to start the career mode anyway........ Furthermore giving me proof that you barely touched it.

Yea.... "duh"...maturity shines through. Like I said, I'm 28 years old, I know what I like and I know how long it takes me to like something. I gave this game a chance, while the graphics were fair, the gameplay, physics, sounds, and ultimately the gimmicks ruined it for me -only the most important things.

Look, expand your mind just a tad. When I said that I went as far as to "Make a 'customized' profile" I was refering to just that -customizing my profile so that it might be possible for me to semi-enjoy this hunk of garbage. Stop looking for loop holes in my posts, it's annoying. It's the same cliche everytime -someone doesn't agree with another's point of view -they either suck at the game, or they didn't play the game at the satisfactory time of the offended. Please, this is getting old, find something else to badger folks who know what they like with.

Again, in my first post I let some harshness shine through, it was however at noone, it was at the 'game'....This offended me because dude essentially just called me a liar -not appreciated. I have nothing to gain from anyone playing MX Unleashed over MTX MotoTrax. I'm simply getting the word out that the game's essenatials are simply shaded by it's gimmicks.

Post away..this will be be my last post in this thread because it seems as though it's getting personal. Advice..rent them both.

G'day.

borka105
03-13-2004, 01:34 PM
whoa, I think you are the one who took my post personal...

I simply read what you said and then pointed out the mistakes in your post.

just like you did with your post by infering on what I said about how the game features interviews with many of the pros.

You jumped on that statement that I made saying it's obviously some sort of gimmick.

well did you ever think that maybe they actually enjoy the game or feel that it accurately portrays the sport.......

I mean the point that you just made throughout your whole last post is that I am some fanboy who jumped on your back and twisted your statements around.

well did you not just do the same thing in your post.....?

I clearly pointed out that I have played both games and enjoy MTX a lot more.

I guess you took my comments because they are were so one sided and leaning towards MTX as me being some sort of fanboy....

well this thread is about me telling everyone how much I like MTX, so I guess I am a big fan of MTX........ if you didn't realize that at first, read the title of the thread......

again, you can have your own opinion and I respect it, but I've also listened to the opinions of many others who are close to the sport and their's differs very much so from your's....

care to comment on the gameplay in MXU, and how you never have to brake....?

or how you get tons of air of anything....?

and what does an airplane have to do with dirt bikes....?

bottom line to me is that A). I think the controls and gameplay are right on B). A huge career mode including motocross, supercross, freestyle and free roam C). A track editor D) Live play

the game has all the features I want, it states right on the box boldly: "The Ultimate Motocross Experience"

and frankly I agree with them, which is why I made this thread.....

the people who are playing this game on LIVE are mostly very hardcore fans of the sport and they seem to enjoy it as well.

-borka105

Splinter-Seal
03-13-2004, 02:30 PM
The airplane is an unlockable, as is the helicopter, monster truck, dune buggy, and trophy truck. You do not use any of these on the tracks, they are freestyle unlockables. You unlock these by racing against them on various freestyle environments. How many airplanes have you operated on an MX track? What's your point on this? If you want to get technical about this, how many times have you witnessed 'real' MX racers chasing a helmet around to claim for 4 minutes? The unlockable vehicles are all part of the mini-games.

You get tons of air in this game if you pre-load, and/or have your speed up. If you exit a corner and you do not have proper speed up you will not clear a triple, you will not make the tabletop, or you will be terribly out of sync for the next series of jumps. If you turn the A.I. up on 100% you have to use the brakes to play the game competitively. I used the brakes throughout the entire game because as I said I feel this game has alot more realism, and so I did what I would do as if I was on a bike myself. The clutch, and brakes were an essential part of this game.

Another thing; I played this piece on LIVE one night. Funny thing is; everyone that I encountered is/was an MX racer. :watchout: Just like on Rainbow 6, there are more military personel playing Rainbow 6, than there are stationed in the Middle East. Now, maybe they are, maybe they aren't. You probably don't believe that I was on Team TMM, had a full ride, and held a rank of #2 in the Pro-Am 250 class. But, that's neither here nor there.

As I said in my last post, rent them both. I do not like MTX at all. It's in my opinion rubbish, and reminds me horribly of MX Superfly -which I absolutely hated because you simply do not have full control of your machine, and the phyiscs were almost as bad as those displayed in MTX. The ONLY upside to MTX that I experienced was the fact that it's LIVE enabled, and even that was a very lame experience that was filled with folks who like myself thought the game sucked to the highest. As much as I enjoy playing on LIVE, if I think a game sucks, I don't care if it's LIVE or not.

I took this semi-personal simply because as you said' you went on pointing out what you thought were mistakes that i made in my post. Not to mention your lame assumptions that I hadn't played the game, or gave it fair chance, OR the fact that I suck, even though you have not the first clue about my gaming abilities. It's the whole loop hole detection process of others that chaps my arse. Why bother? You should have known from the beginning of this debate that I wasn't one to have smoke blown up my arse, or chased away by one of the 'regs'. I simply expressed my opinion, as you did. I stated that it was harsh because of the game's shoddy presentation, not that you liked the game or was praising it. As for you being a fanboy, I don't know if you are, nor do I care. Either way it's no skin off my back. What are the consequences of being a fanboy anyways?

I am not arguing this anymore. I do not like this game, you like it better than MX Unleashed. You have spoke with many 'racers' on Xbox LIVE that say it's accurately detailed, therefore it must be...You're right I'm wrong -whatever.

:cheers:

borka105
03-13-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Splinter-Seal
You have spoke with many 'racers' on Xbox LIVE that say it's accurately detailed, therefore it must be...You're right I'm wrong
:cheers:

hey, I am glad you see it my way :cheers:

-borka105

Wolfgame
03-13-2004, 07:12 PM
Ok, I hope each one of you can stop arguing, I came so close to buying this game, everytime I though about what borka said, I imedietly began to wonder if it was as good as I imagined, simply because there are 2 very well though out debates here( I am not taking a side) you may say I should rent it, then I'd say the video game store doesn't have it for rent, so basically all the features excite me in this game, the Live, the dedicated servers, the track editor etc. I really need to know something(wheter it really sux or not) by monday. I know this may just be continuing the debate but honestly I could use all the advise I can get.

EDIT: wow, Ign gave MX a 8.8 and MTX a 8.7, I trust IGN as a credible source, and that .1 doesn't even begin to help me.

borka105
03-14-2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Wolfgame
Ok, I hope each one of you can stop arguing, I came so close to buying this game, everytime I though about what borka said, I imedietly began to wonder if it was as good as I imagined, simply because there are 2 very well though out debates here( I am not taking a side) you may say I should rent it, then I'd say the video game store doesn't have it for rent, so basically all the features excite me in this game, the Live, the dedicated servers, the track editor etc. I really need to know something(wheter it really sux or not) by monday. I know this may just be continuing the debate but honestly I could use all the advise I can get.

EDIT: wow, Ign gave MX a 8.8 and MTX a 8.7, I trust IGN as a credible source, and that .1 doesn't even begin to help me.

like I said, head to xblracing.com then go to there forums page and then click on MTX: Mototrax. It's the official forum of the game where the developers post and answer questions.

hope that helps

-borka105

MXracer721
05-24-2004, 12:31 PM
dont buy mtx mototrax its crap. the only reason this game will sell is because it has pastranas name on it.

severd hed
05-24-2004, 05:43 PM
i bought this game a few weeks ago, and I love it...it is very good

borka105
05-24-2004, 10:36 PM
yeah, the game rocks. It's funny how a guy would go out of his way to bump a 2 month old thread..

-borka105

severd hed
05-25-2004, 08:41 AM
lol, i didnt even notice that.