PDA

View Full Version : Evolution of Halo video

Crazy Joe
03-11-2004, 09:56 AM
there's a 14 min video of the "old-school" halo at this link.. but you have to sign up and download some client software to access it....

http://www.bungie.org/evolutionlargemirrors/

http://nikon.bungie.org/images/evolution_lg_teaser.jpg

Kyle Static
03-11-2004, 10:07 AM
whoa pretty wicked looking, I'll have to get that one

Crazy Joe
03-11-2004, 10:31 AM
i recommend everyone make the effort to download this, this is awesome... see the original halo RTS, to third person, to first person, the whole evolution, the commentary is funny as hell, this video is amazing.

m4oH
03-11-2004, 03:01 PM
I want to see it sooo bad but I cant get it to work!

MikeMan91389
03-11-2004, 05:05 PM
thanx for the tip...

i think ill DL it later

ty again

pz...

E Nomini Patri
03-11-2004, 05:11 PM
I remember the shaky cam version, that vid is so badass!

SPARTAN VI
03-11-2004, 05:54 PM
I saw some screenshots on an old PCGAMER, the game had wierd animals in it, too. :cheers:

lotec16
03-11-2004, 06:03 PM
That is AWSOME!!! In 2 years I wanna see somthing like this with halo 2(of course there wouldn't be and 3rd person of that sort)

CMX Jedi
03-11-2004, 06:30 PM
will some one just post a direct link to download it???

lotec16
03-11-2004, 07:29 PM
that was so funny when it rode that one animal :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And i'm so glad they took out all those guns, I like the stradegy of only 2 guns and not so many guns, makes you think....

themoosearmy
03-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by lotec16
that was so funny when it rode that one animal :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And i'm so glad they took out all those guns, I like the stradegy of only 2 guns and not so many guns, makes you think....
Thats one of my favorite features about Halo. It kind of bothers me when I play an FPS where you can carry 8 weapons ranging from pistols to knives to rocket launchers all at once. The 2 weapons makes you choose your weapons very wisely.

P.S. That is one bad-ass vid.

Crazy Joe
03-11-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by dudeman48174

i don't think there is one yet.... because of the size of the file.. 90+ megs

E Nomini Patri
03-11-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by dudeman48174

Download bittorrent. It takes a second to install, and your downloads go ALOT faster than normal.

Crazy Joe
03-12-2004, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Zero Flaw

Download bittorrent. It takes a second to install, and your downloads go ALOT faster than normal.

i agree, bittorrent worked good for me.

Ninjermy
03-12-2004, 09:53 AM
u can also go to www.gametrailers.com and download it right off the front page! that video was cool. just imagine if they had released somethign like that for PC instead of what it is for Xbox...

Xorg
03-12-2004, 02:44 PM

Are you being sarcastic? when I went to download with bittorrent my download speed was about 6 kb so I just stopped it and went to download it at fileplanet.

PapaSKooT
03-12-2004, 02:58 PM
"hey, that looks like the back of my dog!"

"So What Year is This from?"
"1948"

:rofl:

StudioAlex
03-12-2004, 03:02 PM
I hope they incorporate some of those old ideas in halo two. Riding the dino thing seemed cool. I would just like to see more alien stuff over all.

I only wish they'd been a little more informative with commentary.

E Nomini Patri
03-12-2004, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

I only wish they'd been a little more informative with commentary.

The video is where it's at. Notice the broken part of the Halo and what the Bungie employee said (Shiek I think)?

;)

Xorg, did it sound sarcastic?

StudioAlex
03-12-2004, 05:58 PM

The video is where it's at. Notice the broken part of the Halo and what the Bungie employee said (Shiek I think)?

;)

I meant, more informative as to the actual evolution of Halo. Why did they decide against an RTS? Was the story much the same? Was there originally going to be more spartans involved? You know, useless info that matters to fans for some bizarre reason.

Yeah, I caught the bit about the broken missing section on the halo.

I have to say it, I thought the original control room design was better than the one in the game.

E Nomini Patri
03-12-2004, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex

Why did they decide against an RTS? Was the story much the same?

Hehe, I know that :)

They had the RTS designed, and one day they hooked up a joystick to drive the vehicles. They had so much more fun doing that than everything else that they wanted to make a game based around that. That's where the 3rd person came from for the Mac. Well, then they got bought by Microsoft in 2000 (best purchase ever) and were really excited to develop on a console. While developing, they decided to go with the best view for an action shooter, and for them, that was first person. (They mentioned it a little bit in the Evo vid)

That's pretty much all I know about it, but I am definitely sure there is more to it than meets the eye. ;)

skorp
03-12-2004, 08:06 PM
Interesting video! Nice find....

:cheers:

E Nomini Patri
03-12-2004, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by skorp
Nice find....

I concur. (http://halo.bungie.org/oldnews.html?item=8919)

:cheers:

Xorg
03-16-2004, 05:29 PM

;)

never mind, I guess my computer was being stupid or something but its now downloading fine, its around 200kb/second and it just keeps going up!

wbio
03-16-2004, 06:31 PM

you've got to be kidding, direct downloads are MUCH faster than bittorrent, w/ bittorent I usually ma out at 50 kb/s, and that's very rare, direct downloads I get 400 kb/s or so :eek: