PDA

View Full Version : Much Love for Ubi's 'Beyond Good & Evil'

thrAsher
03-11-2004, 02:43 PM
I know it's been out a while, but I just started playing this game the other night.

And wow! What a game. Unlike anything I've played before. Great graphics, an interesting world, awesome game mechanics, excellent story, and immediately immersive.

Heck, I could take pictures all day long.

I'm only about 4 or 5 hours in, but I've been truly amazed at the quality of this game on every level. A big thanks to Ubi for another must-have title. Truly an achievement.

Hero
03-11-2004, 02:47 PM
ubisoft makes the greatest games. Im blown away by thier deathrow. only problem is i dont have anyone else around me who plays it. and not enough people play it on xbconnect.

but i have heard good things about beyond good and evil ill try and check that game out.

Shadow20002
03-11-2004, 02:59 PM
Ubisoft is going strong !! ;)

CarGuy
03-11-2004, 03:21 PM
I agree it's a great game.

Stagliano
03-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Beyond Good and Evil is a superb game, isn't it?

I like story driven games and it works so well in that manner. It's so good, I'm almost scared to keep playing it in case I complete it (if that makes any sense).

It reminds me of a modern version of games like Another World and Flashback (both of which I loved at the time).

Unless I'm mistaken, the creator of it is Michel Ancel (who I believe is behind the Rayman games). If I'm right (as I think I am, for once, seeing as how it said this on a website I just looked up when I was checking to make sure I wasn't writing poop and it's common knowledge anyway), he's done some impressive games creation in his time. Here's hoping Beyond Good and Evil gets at least one follow-up.

jabrre
03-11-2004, 06:45 PM
I hope it gets a sequel as well. However, since it has sold poorly on all consoles, its doubtful its gonna happen.

thrAsher
03-11-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by Stagliano
Beyond Good and Evil is a superb game, isn't it?

I like story driven games and it works so well in that manner. It's so good, I'm almost scared to keep playing it in case I complete it (if that makes any sense).

Makes perfect sense, Stag. I thought the very same thing after only an hour into the game.

And it is a wonderful blend of creative story-telling and slick gameplay. NPC's (?) chime in at just the right time, and the menus and such pop up fast and smooth. Very little waiting around, even from the initial loading screen.

The game borders on cute graphics-wise, but manages to maintain an edge and a unique look. The humorous bits are actually humorous, w/o being cliche or redundant. I do wish that the dialogue was ALL spoken, but that's a small gripe. The way the game segues from cut-scene into actual play is awesome. I feel like I'm playing a hybrid anime/Chuck Jones cartoon, and the fact that your weapon is a staff vs. any sort of gun is refreshing.

So many good points to this title. My gameplan w/ this one is to take it slow and savor it.

Duke
03-11-2004, 08:02 PM
Great game. But yeah, take it slow. Pretty low on the replay value-meter.

Besides, some things, if missed can't be gone back to.