PDA

View Full Version : Ninja Gaiden: Second Boss Astride Horse (Tough!)

selowitch
03-13-2004, 10:43 AM
Man, am I having a hard time with that everloving armored dude on the horse with the polearm and his two nasty magic-hurling pals!

Is anybody else finding (setting normal) this exceptionally difficult?

Also, while it's a very good game, it's quite fatiguing for me. Perhaps I'm getting old.

:wink:

JayBecker86
03-13-2004, 11:13 AM
it's not that bad, equip the bow and arrow, it works well when the boss is far away. Kill everyone you can before you really go for the boss (if he gets close attack him, but dont actually go out of your way to get him.) When you kill eveyone else you'll eventually obtain more health, and after killing them they eventually go away. at this point attack the boss with your sword when he's near and when he's not shoot him the the bow and arrow (dont do precise aiming though.) Also, make sure you get the health from the dead ninja before you go to the bridge.

selowitch
03-13-2004, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by JayBecker86
it's not that bad, equip the bow and arrow, it works well when the boss is far away. Kill everyone you can before you really go for the boss (if he gets close attack him, but dont actually go out of your way to get him.) When you kill eveyone else you'll eventually obtain more health, and after killing them they eventually go away. at this point attack the boss with your sword when he's near and when he's not shoot him the the bow and arrow (dont do precise aiming though.) Also, make sure you get the health from the dead ninja before you go to the bridge.
I find the bow and arrow quite awkward, but okay. Also, this is a dumb question, but is it possible to save up power rather than discharge it immediately? I find if there are two essences, I hold down Y, then I have to immediately do a move using that power --- I'd rather save it up.

JayBecker86
03-13-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by selowitch

I find the bow and arrow quite awkward, but okay. Also, this is a dumb question, but is it possible to save up power rather than discharge it immediately? I find if there are two essences, I hold down Y, then I have to immediately do a move using that power --- I'd rather save it up.

not that im aware of.

when you use the bow and arrow, do you use precise aiming or automatic?....i agree that precise is awkward but i dont really find automatic to be so.

selowitch
03-13-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by JayBecker86

not that im aware of.

when you use the bow and arrow, do you use precise aiming or automatic?....i agree that precise is awkward but i dont really find automatic to be so.
How do you automatic aiming, exactly?

Conchord
03-13-2004, 11:59 AM
Shoot one of his mages with your bow, then do a charge with Y, then unleash onto the boss. Do this 3-4 times and hes ****ed. Itll take some pracitce...dont worry, the next boss is cake compared to him...

JayBecker86
03-13-2004, 01:07 PM

when you hit the B button, make sure you dont move the left joystick and it will automaticly aim for you.

Madhattr
03-13-2004, 04:20 PM

Ya just hit the ranged weapon button once and it will fire automatically at an enemy. The mages can only take one arrow, absorb their essence and the boss is cake.

selowitch
03-13-2004, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by Madhattr

Ya just hit the ranged weapon button once and it will fire automatically at an enemy. The mages can only take one arrow, absorb their essence and the boss is cake.
Cool, thanks. NG sure is fun, isn't it?

PapaSKooT
03-13-2004, 04:58 PM
http://www.xboxaddict.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=52833

Madhattr
03-13-2004, 05:19 PM

Cool, thanks. NG sure is fun, isn't it?

Hells ya, NG is an instant classic.

Conchord
03-13-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Madhattr