PDA

View Full Version : GOTY... what exactly does it add?

BG_Master
03-13-2004, 08:55 PM
I was just wondering.... what exactly does Morrowind: GOTY actually add to the original game??? I have done pretty much everything in morrowind, I have about 70% of the map uncovereed and I'm at level 75 (I got bored and trained most of my skills to 100)...... Is there really that much more of the map to keep me occupied for a little longer???? I was also wondering... do you get to go to the mainland of tamriel or just a little more of morrowind?

so basically: is it worth buying GOTY edition??

rpgreligion
03-13-2004, 09:05 PM
I think it's well worth the 30 dollars. It may even be cheaper now. Bascially you have two expansion packs and the original Morrowind. Tons of new quests have been added. If you just enjoy leveling your character, you may not want to buy it. But if you want many more hours of quests and exploration, then I say go for it. :)

Shadow20002
03-14-2004, 12:23 AM
Well, by adding more than 40 hours, should keep you busy, very busy... :p

Lord Vivic
03-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Morrowind Goty offers at least fifty more hours of game play.There is an entire new island you will be able to explore(about 1/6 the size of Vvarenfell).So it is safe to say it is very large.It is also has nice peacefull surroundings and quiet.Then there is the imperial city which has everything you need to make a successful living and get rich fast.It is well worth buying.

Hero
03-14-2004, 09:09 AM
and hopefully there is more stuff to collect ..if your bored with your copy of morrowind you should become a collector. im currently tryint to complete as many sets of armor as i can.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-14-2004, 09:51 AM
GOTY adds two new modes: Tribunal and Bloodmoon. Bloodmoon is when you turn into a werewolf and Tribunal is about an army. I haven't done any of it because I'm currently playing the beginning still.

Max33
03-14-2004, 10:13 AM
GOTY is a definate must.I havent gone too far in the Tribunal expansion,but I truely enjoyed the main quest of Bloodmoon.(even more so than the main quest of Vvervendfell)
You may not like having to start a new game though,as it is my understanding that GOTY will not read game saves from the original Morrowind.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-14-2004, 10:51 AM
Hang on a minute, I tought it did read save files from original game? Yeah, I'm reading a review of the GOTY edition right now and it says you can load saved files from the original game.

Max33
03-14-2004, 11:47 AM
I could be wrong.I bought a used XBox (after mine fried)with an original Morrowind file on it.GOTY dosnt recognize it.Could just be a corrupted file though.Anybody Know the answer?

rpgreligion
03-14-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Max33
I could be wrong.I bought a used XBox (after mine fried)with an original Morrowind file on it.GOTY dosnt recognize it.Could just be a corrupted file though.Anybody Know the answer?

It must just be a corrupted file. My original Morrowind saves load up fine on GOTY edition.

Lord Vivic
03-17-2004, 03:32 PM
You better believe it does.All of my original files read on the new game just fine.