PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Console Price Drop $149.99

Yankeez
03-14-2004, 03:23 AM
http://www.titansfan098.com/uploader/xbxo[p.bmp

was said to be taken from a April wal-mart ad so its very possible, i myself believe this price drop is the real deal

l Maximus l
03-14-2004, 03:24 AM
I heard rumors that it was going to drop...I heard that last week.

I wonder what's up? Is the PoS2 dropping, too?

SPARTAN VI
03-14-2004, 03:35 AM
Oooh, this is like one of those Chucacabra/UFO sightings... the picture is pretty blurry... Don't know if I could trust ya. ;) :p

SnoochyBoochy
03-14-2004, 07:23 AM
yay! maybe my friends will get xboxes!!

WynnFire
03-14-2004, 12:09 PM
it does say in the ad that it's also at Walmart.com

Ninja Scroll
03-14-2004, 12:25 PM
I dont believe dat ad. It's more than likely altered.
Wal-Mart nor other merchants disclose ads a month in advance to anyone.
A couple weeks, yeah.

I myself am about to cop a new Xbox console.
Mines gets way too many dirty disc errors, and has made playing Ninja Gaiden a nightmare with countless errors and disc skips.
I have cleaned da lens with a DVD cleaner with no success.

I called 1-800-MYXBOX and dem scam artist want $91.50 for a repair they may not even fix, sucka please. :rolleyes:

Ebgames says they will only give me $80.00 credit for a working Xbox and $50.00 foe a broke joint.
I wonder if they test da console while your there to get credit?
Anyone know?

Anyways da best online deal I have seen is from Ebgames.com who will give you da console with controller-S & PRG2 foe $224.99 free 2 day air, and no tax!
Anyone else seen better?

You know I think it's a conspiracy thery with MS, theses updates dat some say are directed towards modded Xbox's is also sending errors to xbox's in order to make consumers buy another one.

:cuss:

Yankeez
03-14-2004, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Spartan-XBA
Oooh, this is like one of those Chucacabra/UFO sightings... the picture is pretty blurry... Don't know if I could trust ya. ;) :p ya the picture was taking from a phone cam so its not gonna be very clear

wal-mart is also the same one that had ad for the upcoming month showing the gamecube price drop and they were right about that

OC Noob
03-14-2004, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
I dont believe dat ad. It's more than likely altered.
Wal-Mart nor other merchants disclose ads a month in advance to anyone.
A couple weeks, yeah.

I myself am about to cop a new Xbox console.
Mines gets way too many dirty disc errors, and has made playing Ninja Gaiden a nightmare with countless errors and disc skips.
I have cleaned da lens with a DVD cleaner with no success.

I called 1-800-MYXBOX and dem scam artist want $91.50 for a repair they may not even fix, sucka please. :rolleyes:

Ebgames says they will only give me $80.00 credit for a working Xbox and $50.00 foe a broke joint.
I wonder if they test da console while your there to get credit?
Anyone know?

Anyways da best online deal I have seen is from Ebgames.com who will give you da console with controller-S & PRG2 foe $224.99 free 2 day air, and no tax!
Anyone else seen better?

You know I think it's a conspiracy thery with MS, theses updates dat some say are directed towards modded Xbox's is also sending errors to xbox's in order to make consumers buy another one.

:cuss:

I used to stuff adds in the machines that put them in the paper and we could get adds months before they were due out depending on the paper. Thanksgiving adds were the furthest in advanced, but Sunday adds would come 2-3 weeks early so we could do the first pass of adds. The printers had them earlier then we did.

Not saying its real, but its very possible. Wish I could work a shift once in a while to get the drop on good sales. I might be able to confirm this one. I could easily walk out with the add and scan it for you guys if it was there and I was there, lol.

Oh well, its not like a price drop will turn things around for the box this generation anway. Xbox 2 baby!

Hero
03-14-2004, 10:24 PM
every home could use a second xbox :D

themoosearmy
03-14-2004, 10:26 PM
I'd say its pretty lucky, Xbox has been hangin around the 180 mark for a long time. Maybe rightfully so, but a price drop like this will encourage sales dramatically. In the store I work at, we drop stuff a couple bucks and people flock like rabid wolves. If they bundled it up with Halo, that would help too, but I doubt that would ever happen.

l Maximus l
03-15-2004, 12:34 PM
Moose...there are selective XBox/Halo combos out there...they can be found all over the internet...but, the only thing I have seen was $179.99 for the deal.

mattgame
03-15-2004, 02:45 PM
We test it first at my store. But the trick is to bring it with a game that your xbox will read. Don't tell anyone you heard that from me. :D

AlphaCigara
03-18-2004, 07:50 PM
i found a better pic for ya, this should be good enough for a confirmation

http://www.vgtalk.com/images/VGtalk-xbox-150-scan.jpg

DOOM
03-19-2004, 09:30 AM
Yes, Its True...
I Was Told By My Distributer NOT TO ORDER Any More XBOX'S Bucause The Price Is Droping By The End Of The Month...
He Told Me So I Dont Get Stuck With Ones I Pay More For...
Laterz!

BinaryXtreme
03-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Yeah, the guy altered the image to just mess with us. Duh.... Of course it's a genuine ad. A guy at Game Stop had told me a couple of weeks ago about the pending price drop. He had also told me another substantial price drop for the holiday season is in the works. I'll be buying another then.

ScorpionX
03-19-2004, 03:00 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=569&ncid=738&e=2&u=/nm/20040319/tc_nm/tech_microsoft_report_dc

Tony_Macaroni
03-19-2004, 10:57 PM
i got x box the first week it came out i payed full price and now look at this.... o well....its worth like 1 000 000 000 000 in play value to me:D

ShannonX
03-20-2004, 01:06 AM
I may not even buy a new xbox 2 at launch or afterwards. If i have to deal with memory cards on the xbox, its a definate 0% chance of buying it. I'll go with a ps3 if it has the harddrive. I refuse to pay extra for storage. Specially when we wont be seeing any price reduction for their savings by leaving the harddrive out.

and if no console has a harddrive and all make you use memory cards, i'll stick with pc gaming.

BinaryXtreme
03-20-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Shannon-XBA
I may not even buy a new xbox 2 at launch or afterwards. If i have to deal with memory cards on the xbox, its a definate 0% chance of buying it. I'll go with a ps3 if it has the harddrive. I refuse to pay extra for storage. Specially when we wont be seeing any price reduction for their savings by leaving the harddrive out.

and if no console has a harddrive and all make you use memory cards, i'll stick with pc gaming.

I totally agree. XBOX is going to be smoked by the new Playstation when it comes out. They now will have a hard drive and the XBOX won't? Congratulations Microsoft on another stupid ass move.

Tony_Macaroni
03-20-2004, 04:14 PM
tell me bout it! they keep saying how they want to improve it and how they dont want to be overdone sales wises by ps3 and whats this bull **** bout no HD ! im wit ps3 unfortunately:cry:

Brutus
03-22-2004, 01:21 PM
I'm going to buy another one at that price!
Sweet!!

Tony_Macaroni
03-22-2004, 02:53 PM
why the hell would u buy another one ?:huh:

l Maximus l
03-23-2004, 01:40 AM
The XBox 2 will have a hard-drive if PS3 has a hard-drive...simple as that.

Go ahead and mark my words. ;)

Brutus
03-23-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Tony_Macaroni
why the hell would u buy another one ?:huh:
So I can have another game console in my bedroom. Also for LAN parties. 2 on 2 on each TV. That's some fun stuff, & I'll be able to do it anytime I want!
You've played Coop on Halo w/ 2 TV's, right? Well if you haven't, you'll see that it's a ton better!
Brute Force too! That's a LAN party Or-gy!

Yannie Boy
03-23-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Spartan-XBA
Oooh, this is like one of those Chucacabra/UFO sightings... the picture is pretty blurry... Don't know if I could trust ya. ;) :p

did somebody call me????

nosa...i was thinking of buying a new one since mines right now is acting up so, instead of paying to get it fixed ill have two even if one is a lil screwy

l Maximus l
03-23-2004, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Brutus

You've played Coop on Halo w/ 2 TV's, right? Well if you haven't, you'll see that it's a ton better!

You mean multi-player, right? Because Coop refers to the Campaign which isn't System Link compatible...sadly.

{TFS} 31i73
03-23-2004, 09:19 PM
I hear it'll come with a copy O' HALO :cheers:

Brutus
03-24-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN

You mean multi-player, right? Because Coop refers to the Campaign which isn't System Link compatible...sadly.
Yeah! All the more goodness, I shouda' said!
BF in Coop! WooHoo!

Uchiha Sasuke
03-24-2004, 11:21 AM
Considering you guys were speaking of the xbox2 and ps3, I was wondering what you die hard xbox fans would do if the ps3 was a good deal stronger than the xbox2 and had more features. I ask this considering that most of you are only supporting the xbox because it is the better system.

Yankeez
03-24-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by {TFS} 31i73
I hear it'll come with a copy O' HALO :cheers: i think i heard that the xbox that comes with halo wwill be $169.99

WynnFire
03-24-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by Il Palazzo
Considering you guys were speaking of the xbox2 and ps3, I was wondering what you die hard xbox fans would do if the ps3 was a good deal stronger than the xbox2 and had more features. I ask this considering that most of you are only supporting the xbox because it is the better system.

I would look into it. If they don't change the controller then I definately wouldn't want the new system. I hate the PS1/PS2 controllers, I get hand cramps. The xbox controller is the most comfortable I've used. I played halo with friends for 11 hours straight and didn't have any problems.

BinaryXtreme
03-24-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Il Palazzo

I'd buy a PS3. No doubt. I'll always be an XBOX fan but if I can get a better gaming experience somewhere else. Cya.

Slowride
03-24-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme

I'd buy a PS3. No doubt. I'll always be an XBOX fan but if I can get a better gaming experience somewhere else. Cya.

I agree. I have no loyalty at all to microsoft or the xbox. It just happens to be the far superior machine this time around.

l Maximus l
03-24-2004, 02:47 PM
I was told by an XBox sales rep that the XBox is going down to $149.99 at the end of this month...March 30th.

Very good news for gamers!

{TFS} 31i73
03-24-2004, 09:30 PM
Yup...I got the same news from here...Between the 28th and 1st of April...Im calling stores on Sunday to check it out ;)

themoosearmy
03-25-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by BinaryXtreme

Damn right, only reason I moved from GC to XBOX was because the gaming experience on XBOX is the best out (on console). And I've been a die hard Nintendo fan since they released NES (have bought EVERY nintendo system). Like Binary said, if PS3 outperforms the XBOX, I'll keep my Halo-playing machine and go for PS3.

{TFS} 31i73
03-25-2004, 09:20 PM
Today I called Best Buy, Curcuit City, and Target...And the people at all the stores had no idea of the price drop :D One of them said that the price won't drop until XB2 comes out...Lol wont he be surprised :cool:

riptor_j
03-26-2004, 07:09 AM
All gamers should have an Xbox for this price. And its surprising, better hardware is cheaper than Sony's poorly made system.

MikeMan91389
03-26-2004, 10:33 AM
i might buy a 3rd xbox :eek: cuz u cant have too many

Tony_Macaroni
03-26-2004, 02:30 PM
why the hell would u buy more then 1 or more then 2 x box's thats just stupid :cuss:

Brutus
03-26-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Tony_Macaroni
why the hell would u buy more then 1 or more then 2 x box's thats just stupid :cuss:
It's all about being the coolest kid on the block.
I want two for one on each TV, man. You know!
Other's might want one for travel to LAN's and others to all their own. You know.

Tony_Macaroni
03-26-2004, 05:19 PM
one for each t.v !? ur that lazy?

Brutus
03-26-2004, 06:05 PM
Look, Noodle D!CK
or is it roni?
Because, I use me Box for everything. DVD player, CD player, Wave file juke box
That's why.

Dgenx321
03-26-2004, 11:50 PM
Wal-Mart will be the retail chain the rolls out the price of $149.94. This will happen at Midnight on the 29th of March to prepare for April Tab(Ad paper).