PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 co-op mode xbox exclusive

Hero
03-14-2004, 07:47 AM
source (http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/media/relatedmedia.asp?pf_id=242220&element_id=A6091261) :cheers:

Doom 3 for the Xbox gets exclusive co-op mode
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vicarious Visions boss reveals two-player co-op mode is bound solely for the Xbox version of the upcoming shooter.

An interesting tidbit about Vicarious Visions' upcoming Xbox port of id Software's PC first-person shooter Doom 3 trickled onto the Web recently.

VV CEO Karthik Bala went into some detail about the two-player co-op mode by indicating that it would be exclusive to the Xbox version of the game. The description of the mode, carried by GamePro, made it sound as though it would be an extension of the regular single-player game, though it was not mentioned if this mode would be available only through split-screen offline play or if it would be playable via the game's Xbox Live online multiplayer support.

Currently, Doom 3 for the Xbox is scheduled to ship shortly after the release of Doom 3 on the PC, which, as of now, is still set for a "when it's finished" release date.

-- By Alex Navarro, GameSpot

Ninjermy
03-14-2004, 09:17 AM
that is awesome! ill be sure to pick that one up or at least rent it

Hard Boiled Cop
03-14-2004, 09:19 AM
Well if its split screen then of course its gonna be exclusive to the xbox.

The Executioner
03-14-2004, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
Well if its split screen then of course its gonna be exclusive to the xbox.

Really. I don't think i'll get it if it comes out near Halo 2 if it doesnt then I'll rent it and see how I like it.

btw/It can'tbeat Halos co-op :p