PDA

View Full Version : Starting Morrowind GOTY

zippedupmonkey
03-14-2004, 02:26 PM
Ok, I have a copy of GOTY, I got it for christmas and just havent gotten aroudn to it. I am fed up with my other games so I figured I would start it. I had the original and played it for like 10 min. before it freaked out on me and refused to play anymore, but I got a refund for it so I didnt care;) So since I didnt get to play that, if figured I could just start fresh, but everytime I try to start it I just dont feel like it, any help on getting me through the beginging? I know down the road it kicks ass, my friend plays it all the time and I wanna do what he's doin. Also, any help on creating a kick ass charecter would also be apricated.:cheers:

rpgreligion
03-14-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by zippedupmonkey
Ok, I have a copy of GOTY, I got it for christmas and just havent gotten aroudn to it. I am fed up with my other games so I figured I would start it. I had the original and played it for like 10 min. before it freaked out on me and refused to play anymore, but I got a refund for it so I didnt care;) So since I didnt get to play that, if figured I could just start fresh, but everytime I try to start it I just dont feel like it, any help on getting me through the beginging? I know down the road it kicks ass, my friend plays it all the time and I wanna do what he's doin. Also, any help on creating a kick ass charecter would also be apricated.:cheers:

Well, firstly, you've just got to be patient. It's an RPG. They all start slow. When creating a character I personally like to customize them, instead of going with a character with preset major and minor skills. As soon as you land on Vvardenfell, and get your papers, there is a limeware platter. Take it! It's worth 700 gold, great for a starting character. The best thing to do, is to not start the main quest right away. Level your character up first. I leveled my character up to about level 15 by training on a summon scamp scroll. I then began training on guards (I have good speechcraft, so I taunt them until they attack) and sold my armor. You can make money in various ways. I stole quite a bit a stuff, and sold it to Creeper in Caldera. Sell everything you can. Gold adds up after awhile. Oh...and if you're really desperate for good armor. Raid the Dren Plantation. ;)

Hero
03-14-2004, 11:23 PM
lol morrowind does start off a bit slow..i must have spent a good two or three weeks at balmora running errands for the thieves guild and the mages guild.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-15-2004, 10:46 AM
When I started this I didn't know where I was or whats so special about this place. I didn't understnad half the names. Currently I'm trying to get through this locked door in the Dwemer Ruins trying to find that Dwemer Puzzle Box. I can't use the master lockpicks because the locks are too complex nor do I have any spells that can magically open a door. Any hint anybody? I believe that box is in there somewhere but I just can't seem to open the door.

Max33
03-15-2004, 11:27 AM
Either get better at picking locks(a necessity)or find a key.Theres usually keys laying around for mission essential locks.Dont give up you'll get it.

rpgreligion
03-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
When I started this I didn't know where I was or whats so special about this place. I didn't understnad half the names. Currently I'm trying to get through this locked door in the Dwemer Ruins trying to find that Dwemer Puzzle Box. I can't use the master lockpicks because the locks are too complex nor do I have any spells that can magically open a door. Any hint anybody? I believe that box is in there somewhere but I just can't seem to open the door.

Make money, train security. :)

Hero
03-17-2004, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop

dang ..if you went way underground your really far off. the Dwemer puzzle box is in the beginning of the stage.. its guarded by a couple of guys that can easily be killed..its on the second floor of the entrance..(dont go into the cave hole entrance..go all the way down the first stairs) ..then climb up the rocks onto the second floor..go into the left most room and theres a guy in there..the dwemer puzzle box is kinda small but its on a bookshelf thing if i recall correctly.

Lord Vivic
03-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Thx for explaining that for him hero......The item is in the most easiest places......though it did take me 2 days to find it......though exploring the ruins almost made up for the time waisted..;)