PDA

View Full Version : SH4: I will chase you FOREVER!

XboxGamers
03-14-2004, 04:08 PM
I found this screen on a Silent Hill board. Will she chase you forever? :eek:

http://www.black-helix.com/is/obidient/albums/userpics/10038/normal_SH4Chase.jpg

She's coming!
http://ourworld.cs.com/XboxRox733/myhomepage/silent+hill+4+4.gif

themoosearmy
03-14-2004, 11:11 PM
Like the 3 previous silent-hill vehicles, just plain freaky.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-15-2004, 10:28 AM
You know what? That girl looks like the girl who comes out of the TV in The Ring. That is freaky!

Stagliano
03-15-2004, 05:31 PM
If only she looked like the zombies which came out of the TV in The Video Dead.

l Maximus l
03-16-2004, 02:02 AM
I plan on avoiding this game with all my might..... Do I think it's going to be crap? No, that's not the reason...I just hate freaky ass games!

I don't mean to sound like a puzz, but, dudes...I even got freaked out during the first Max Payne when he was having the nightmare :eek:

:D

Ethereal S. D.
03-16-2004, 11:49 AM
hehe that game sounds like fun.

*Hey mommy, why is that girl chopped in half???* :p

SiGuy
03-16-2004, 09:17 PM
I wonder if theres gonna be a dude with a messed up head having sex with a set of legs in this one.....Guess I'll have to buy it and find out.

CarGuy
03-17-2004, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
I plan on avoiding this game with all my might..... Do I think it's going to be crap? No, that's not the reason...I just hate freaky ass games!

I don't mean to sound like a puzz, but, dudes...I even got freaked out during the first Max Payne when he was having the nightmare :eek:

I'm with ya on that one.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-17-2004, 10:35 AM
I see what you guys mean. The first Silent Hill was freakin scary. Me and my mates were playing it in the dark. We only jad a crowbar and we just started walking very slowly wacking anybody that comes near us.

Duke
03-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN

You mean where you're wandering around in the dark and the baby is crying and all that?

I guess I would have been freaked out if I hadn't wanted to kill that damn thing myself.

Splinter-Seal
03-17-2004, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Maximus SYN
[B]I plan on avoiding this game with all my might..... Do I think it's going to be crap? No, that's not the reason...I just hate freaky ass games!

Roger that!

This game looks seriously whacked, people. I have played Silent Hill 2, and while it's pretty damn spooky to me in general, the whole stop motion thing is what really gave me chills. Not to mention the grainy picture. Damn though, this game looks like it's going tobe spooky as hell.

Can't hang. Heh.

BinaryXtreme
03-17-2004, 12:47 PM
I've been watching the pics and videos of this game and I now have a problem. I see fragged people! Just kidding...looks like a cool game.

Snake Eyez
04-06-2004, 04:40 PM
I've been looking at this game and it looks like it's going to be sweet. Never played the 3rd game so I guess I missed out on the storyline. But that's ok, since this one revolves around a new character.

Is this still a game on people's mind?

Fatnick
04-07-2004, 09:35 AM
does anyone know why we missed out on the third one? Silent Hill 4 is looking far more encouraging than the next RE game, it must be said.

Stagliano
04-07-2004, 09:56 AM
I've no idea why Silent Hill 3 didn't make it to our X-Boxes. I tend to think Konami isn't a terribly customer oriented company (and please don't ask me why as I would be completely unable to back these thoughts up) but I don't know if that should dicatate the lack of an X-Box release for one of their titles.

I guess they decided parts one and three wouldn't make any money for them on the X-Box but parts two and four would? It must be some strange even number/odd number numerology.

Am I writing complete rubbish? Why, yes, I am. Anyway, I've not even completed part two yet so I should be playing it instead of moaning.

Snake Eyez
04-07-2004, 06:18 PM
does anyone know why we missed out on the third one? Silent Hill 4 is looking far more encouraging than the next RE game, it must be said.

No idea why that came completely bypassed the Xbox. But with this new version, it could start the line again to support all the SHs in the future.

LTM360
04-07-2004, 06:30 PM
yesterday I played Fatal Frame 2: Crimson Butterfly... holy crap that is one scary game. Everyone must play that, I'm a wuss when it comes to horror games, but this one is so awesome because how scary it is. It's not planned for Xbox, so if you've got PS2 get it, or try to check out the first Fatal Frame on Xbox (which I havn't played).

[edit]: and Fatnick? I'd have to say your insane to think Silent Hill 4 is looking better than Resident Evil 4. I know SH4 will probably be more scary, but RE4 will destroy it. I'm looking forward to RE4 more so than Halo 2.

Fatnick
04-08-2004, 02:27 AM
[edit]: and Fatnick? I'd have to say your insane to think Silent Hill 4 is looking better than Resident Evil 4. I know SH4 will probably be more scary, but RE4 will destroy it. I'm looking forward to RE4 more so than Halo 2.

no way dude! horror games are supposed to be scary and disturbing, which is somthing SH has always done better. Admittedly, RE4 sounds like it has a slight advantage in the gameplay stakes at the moment, but the dreadful "the presidents daughter has been kidnapped!" storyline means that SH4 will most probably destory it in the plot stakes, which is probably more important when you consider that the whole horror genre is driven by atmosphere.

Stagliano
04-08-2004, 09:30 AM
It's kind of petty to compare the two but I'm not above being petty and would prefer the Silent Hill series to the Resident Evil/Biohazard games.

The feel of the Silent Hill games works a lot better for me. They genuinely can scare me a bit whereas the Resident Evil games tend not to so much. I'm not taking anything away from the Resident Evil games. I think they're good games (especially Code Veronica on the Dreamcast and Resident Evil 0 and Resident Evil on the Gamecube) but I get more personal enjoyment from the Silent Hill games.

If we're getting slightly away from the initial topic of just Silent Hill and talking about this type of game, surely the Alone in the Dark series of games merits a mention too?

Snake Eyez
04-08-2004, 11:59 PM
I've always thought the SH series is great at setting up the entire stage for a great gaming experience. It's a great game to play at midnight with all the lights off and the surround sounds pumped up real high. This game will get your heart pounding.