PDA

View Full Version : No Blood?

Sniper2
01-10-2002, 06:56 PM
I'm assuming you've heard the news about there supposedly being no blood in WWF RAW and Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.( I HOPE THESE ARE RUMORS OR FALSE INFORMATION) I'm sure there are mixed reasons for both titles but I can't stand this. Especially in MoH:AA which is a world war II game. Why not have blood? It is realistic and everything. When I heard this is totally changed my perspective on the game. I am not dying to get my hands on it anymore, although I am still excited. WWF RAW appears to be for different reasons, apparently the developers were asked to take out the blood because of a lawsuit, I'm not completely sure. This is a little bit different issue than with MoH:AA. I'm sure there are probably lots of people out there who wont even notice a difference in these games but I just dont understand war without blood. Fighting, killing, guns, explosions, ...... and no blood. This just seems rediculous to me.
Anyone else feel the same way?

Xbox Master
01-10-2002, 08:19 PM
Why would they have to take out the blood because of a law suit? Sure, it's a law suit, in which no one wants to be in, but the fact is, every WWF games has had some sort of blood in it.

Koopa
01-10-2002, 08:27 PM
this may sound kind of mean, so sorry if it offends you, but..

HOW THE HELL COULD YOU THINK BLOOD IS ESSENTIAL TO A GAME?!

sure it immerses you and makes it more realisitic, blah blah blah, but seriously folks...having no blood won't KILL a game! Its the saem exact thing, but without little red-colored areas on the ground. I can't think of ONE game that I would have disliked if there hadn't been any blood.

sheesh..

*braces for flaming:D *

Sniper2
01-10-2002, 09:13 PM
alright well so nevermind the WWF WAR thing but what about MoH:AA??

That was pretty good you had me fooled :p

Rancey
01-10-2002, 09:56 PM
I wouldn't say blood is completely neccessary, but it certainly adds something.

Koopa
01-10-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Jason-XBA
I wouldn't say blood is completely neccessary, but it certainly adds something.

that sounds like a good compromise to me:D

and i'm glad you like my sig, F'n show:D

xboxking
01-10-2002, 10:56 PM
Bloody is essential in all games as it gives it that realism effect. Anyway, as long as devlopers put in child lock that prevent little kids from seeing blood there will be no lawsuit.

manboy
01-10-2002, 11:02 PM
Blood isn't essential and I wouldn't mind either way. I've seen enough of it not to care. Unless, of course, it's some game where people are getting ripped apart every 2.3 seconds. Some of the best scary movies I've seen had no blood. Gore doesn't scare me as much as a good story/freaky things to ponder.

PS yes I'm one of the two that said I don't care either way. That type of wrestling (I won't say anymore, hehe) has no blood anyway, why should the game? =b

Rancey
01-11-2002, 12:22 AM
There is no way blood is neccessary in all games xboxking, and like The F'n Show has said over and over (and over) again there is no law suit.

There is still blood in that type of wrestling manboy :)

rune holm
01-11-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Sniper2
alright well so nevermind the WWF WAR thing but what about MoH:AA??

That was pretty good you had me fooled :p

NO, there will be no blood in moh:aa on any platform!

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 11:14 AM
I find that blood adds realism. But, I don't think WWF Raw should over do it. I mean, come on...how often do the WWF wrestlers bleed everywhere? Not very often....so, I think they should just do it every once in a while....like, resulting from an exceptionally huge blow rather than on every average blow or something.

Or, to make it as real as possible, they should show the little razor blades that they have underneathe their elbow and wrist pads they use to cut themselves! lol :D

Rancey
01-11-2002, 11:19 AM
I agree the wrestlers should only be cut open by certain blows Maximus, as for the razor blades it would be more realistic if you didn't see them...we know they are there but how many times have you actually seen one? :)

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 11:46 AM
I agree the wrestlers should only be cut open by certain blows Maximus, as for the razor blades it would be more realistic if you didn't see them...we know they are there but how many times have you actually seen one? :)

lol, Jason...actually, the razor blade thing was a joke :D We all know they use them, though :D hehe

Rancey
01-11-2002, 12:07 PM
I know you were joking Maximus, just had to defend their use of the razor blade and how you never see it...whoops...I mean I had to defend the fact there are NO razor blades

*wonders if anybody noticed his slip up...I doubt*

RudedogX
01-11-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Koopa
...having no blood won't KILL a game! Its the saem exact thing, but without little red-colored areas on the ground. I can't think of ONE game that I would have disliked if there hadn't been any blood.

Koopa, you're right on having no blood won't KILL a game, BUT...hmmm... let's see...

A little history lesson for those of you who remember the Nintendo and Genesis version of Mortal Kombat. I remember so many of my friends who hated Nintendo on the sole fact alone that they did NOT include, or allow a code for blood to be used in their version of Mortal Kombat. Sega allowed Blood, and I saw that game more often than the Nintendo version. In FACT, I saw several times when I went out to the stores people bought the Genesis for the sole reason of the Blood in Mortal Kombat. They had a Nintendo, but they still wanted the blood in the game (that I don't understand, but hey, their choice).

So what I'm saying is, although no blood will not KILL a game, it will certainly downgrade it's mass appeal, and thus hurt a lot of the success that the developer could have had with the game, if they had just left the fun little red splashes in the game!

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 02:15 PM
I know you were joking Maximus, just had to defend their use of the razor blade and how you never see it...whoops...I mean I had to defend the fact there are NO razor blades

*wonders if anybody noticed his slip up...I doubt*

lol...dude, next thing you are going to tell me is that Santa Clause isn't real!!! :eek: .... :D

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX

Koopa, you're right on having no blood won't KILL a game, BUT...hmmm... let's see...

A little history lesson for those of you who remember the Nintendo and Genesis version of Mortal Kombat. I remember so many of my friends who hated Nintendo on the sole fact alone that they did NOT include, or allow a code for blood to be used in their version of Mortal Kombat. Sega allowed Blood, and I saw that game more often than the Nintendo version. In FACT, I saw several times when I went out to the stores people bought the Genesis for the sole reason of the Blood in Mortal Kombat. They had a Nintendo, but they still wanted the blood in the game (that I don't understand, but hey, their choice).

So what I'm saying is, although no blood will not KILL a game, it will certainly downgrade it's mass appeal, and thus hurt a lot of the success that the developer could have had with the game, if they had just left the fun little red splashes in the game!

Rudedog...excellent point here. Especially considering that I am a big MK fan. To me, coded blood in games is like special effects in the movies. Also, it's like good audio when playing a video game. We all know that playing a game like Amped: Freestyle Snowboarding would be much more entertaining if we played it listening to a band like Blink 182, Greenday, Offspring, or some other type of fast music compared to listening to Frank Sinatra.

Coded blood is HUGE in my opinion just as special effects or just effects in general are concerned.

Snoopy7548
01-11-2002, 03:21 PM
i think that taking blood out of certain games can ruin them. it makes the games look more realistic, and since i like violence in games and in movies, i think that blood is essential in most games. if blood was taken out of gta3, it might ruin the game. gta3 wouldnt be as realistic as it is now. if they released a no-blood version of gta3, i would feel like i was cheated out of a good game. just because blood isnt suitable for 10 year olds doesnt mean that everyone else has to suffer. thats what the ratings are meant for. so if you dont want blood, then go and play some super mario or celda

Frostberg
01-11-2002, 10:20 PM
Im just used to blood so much...I think its 100% ok for MOH:AA to have blood, and REQUIRED to have fun. I cant see myself killing someone and him just falling down without something being severed or blood...Maybe too much Soldier of Fortune for me, but some games you just cant play without blood, and a WW2 game is pretty high on that list...

X-Fox220
01-11-2002, 11:45 PM
In my opinion the only type of a game where the no blood issue will kill it is a vampire game...it can degrade a game though like when playing WWF No Mercy with friends I would usually say "ooo i busted you open!"

grandcrusader
01-12-2002, 12:27 AM
Blood is needed in games and movies to make the user/veiwer go "Oooooo thats gotta hurt" or "Geezzzee that doesn't look healthy" or "Man someones bleeding all over the place who could it be (The Untouchables)" etc.

Nothing else gets a reaction like blood:cool: