PDA

View Full Version : OXM for April (for real)

kenji
03-15-2004, 07:13 PM
I got my April issue today, so I thought that I would spread the joy!:D
On the Cover:
Halo 2 multiplayer in action plus the latest info!

Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow: Massive multiplayer strategies for every map!

Shocker! The Chronicles of Rid****: Best-looking Xbox game we've ever seen!

Star Wars: Republic Commando: Everthing you need to know about the Star Wars shooter insinde!

Mercenaries: Hijack a helicopter! Call in an airstrike! Destroy absolutey everything!

Star Craft Ghost: Things you don't know.(the rest is covered by the mailing adress.)

Playable demos:
Breakdown
Colin McRae Rally 04
Terminator 3: Redemtion
Scooby-Doo Mystery Mayhem

Download center:
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance 2
P.O.D.

Video Showcase:
Div3r
MVP Baseball
EA Sports Fight Night 2004
Breakdown
Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
The demos look dumb exceot for Breakdown, but the magazine looks awsome. The Halo 2 sceens are ******* awsome! Just looking at the muliplayer experience that awaits me has my heart pumping! From what I can tell, the needler and plasma pistol are back, the maps are enormous, and a lot of people can play at one time. Mercenaries and Rid**** look pretty damn good too.

But Halo 2... *drool* I want it so BAD!!!!!!!!!!
:cry:

Wolfgame
03-15-2004, 07:36 PM
Thanks for the impressions I hope mine will make it in sometime this week, did they review Worms 3d?(refer to sig ;) ) Im eagerly awaiting that game, anyways post back later what you think of BreakDown

AlphaCigara
03-15-2004, 08:12 PM
Does anyone have an idea when this will hit the newstands? I'm not a subscriber, and i really want to try out Breakdown :) . Also, any news about Halo 2 is good news :cheers:

RichVGS
03-15-2004, 08:48 PM
Don't just simply dismiss Colin McRae Rally 04. I just finished the site review and I really dug it.

Unreal
03-15-2004, 09:54 PM
I can't wait to pick up this issue.

Sigma
03-15-2004, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Wolfgame
Thanks for the impressions I hope mine will make it in sometime this week, did they review Worms 3d?(refer to sig ;) ) Im eagerly awaiting that game, anyways post back later what you think of BreakDown
From all the reviews I have read on Worms 3D it is a leap backwards from it's 2D counterparts. The transition to 3D aparently just doesn't work well with the Worms franchise. I hope the series returns to it's 2D roots for the next game and to up the graphics they could just use cel-shading 2D character or high quality sprites.

btw, 2D gaming shall live on the Xbox with the release of Metal Slug 3!

CrazyCougar
03-15-2004, 10:35 PM
Yeah its a pretty decent magazine this month again. I just got mine on Saturday.

Colin Mcrae wont hold a candle to rallisport 2, but its still a decent game. I have it and have been enjoying it. It'll keep me occupied with rallying until RC2 comes in May!! The its a trade in....LOL!

MatrixMaul
03-16-2004, 01:10 AM
I just remembered: I gotta pay for a renewal on my subscription. :)

l Maximus l
03-16-2004, 01:26 AM
Damn...sounds like one of the best OXM magazines yet! The demo appears to only be mediocre...but, man, way to step up the magazine content!

Also, thanks for the info, dude! :)

mattgame
03-16-2004, 09:13 AM
Halo 2 multiplayer screens?

wets panties and runs out to the newstands looking for the OXM

LiquidX
03-16-2004, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by t_howell
Halo 2 multiplayer screens?

wets panties and runs out to the newstands looking for the OXM

Its only one new screen... the other is the multiplayer one released by Bungie a while ago with the guy jumping and shooting a rocket at a warthog. Still pretty sweet though.

And MM3... your a cheap SOB, go subscribe now!

mattgame
03-16-2004, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by LiquidX

Its only one new screen... the other is the multiplayer one released by Bungie a while ago with the guy jumping and shooting a rocket at a warthog. Still pretty sweet though.

And MM3... your a cheap SOB, go subscribe now!

Oh, now I got to clean this mess up for nothing. :o

BORNGD
03-16-2004, 09:51 AM
did they review any of this years baseball titles?

anarchyZERO
03-16-2004, 09:54 AM
Halo2 is going to pwn me in the face.
if it is any better than halo (and im sure it will be) then this will be THE game played on xbl. halo released about 2 years ago (right?) and people are still playing it a lot.
i have put more hours into halo than any other.

TechBonus
03-16-2004, 03:21 PM
I"m still waiting for my April issue - I can't wait to get all the updates..especially Halo2.

PoetSaskia
03-16-2004, 03:56 PM
I'm interested in the Terminator 3:redemption demo. Tell us about that.

l Maximus l
03-16-2004, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by anarchyZERO
Halo2 is going to pwn me in the face.
if it is any better than halo (and im sure it will be) then this will be THE game played on xbl. halo released about 2 years ago (right?) and people are still playing it a lot.
i have put more hours into halo than any other.

Exactly...I think XBox Live will only consists of Halo 2 players for a solid 3 months...just wait and see.

I mean, who in the hell is going to play Whacked! when Halo 2 is out? lol :D

MikeMan91389
03-17-2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN

Exactly...I think XBox Live will only consists of Halo 2 players for a solid 3 months...just wait and see.

I mean, who in the hell is going to play Whacked! when Halo 2 is out? lol :D

definitly not me :p .... im diggin it.... cant wait to play all the ppl that say they own at halo..... who haven't really played top notch teams... w000000ttttt

DIGITAL
03-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by PoetSaskia
I'm interested in the Terminator 3:redemption demo. Tell us about that. its a ok demo you start of in third person ,then you get to jump on to trucks an stuff an drive an gun

Anthony4sho
03-17-2004, 06:11 PM
Where the hell are the reviews for ninja gaiden and pandora??

TheCovenant
03-17-2004, 07:27 PM
hey this is all fine and dandy,but no one likes a tease!
C'mon now, someone give ussome scans!:D :cool: :cheers: