PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind Veterans...Opinion?

Max33
03-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Ok , I've come to a philosophical cross roads.My charecter is a level 67 Imperial, fairly tough,kicks a lot of ass...but he's fairly deficent in the magicka dept.(97) wich is due in part to some force fed leveling up.
Any ways, I've recently been interested in enchanting clothing/armour with fortify attribute constant effects. So I went to the Telavani (who better)and got several of the "Faction Members Only" response so I figure why not join em and expand my repetior, and get this damnd enchanting done.
So I join do a bunch of tedious "go fetch" missions , I get to the point where its time to build my stronghold , so I need two Storm Attonch soals. Buy Summon Storm Attonch ... and I can't even cast it ( not enough magicka). Now finding a couple Storm Attonch is not a problem , but I feel like a poser( yeah I know that sounds weird) Joining house Telavani , building an asperagus house and can't even cast a gang of spells. I had'nt previously realized my magicka was deficent to flesh out that aspect of the game.

Alright heres diliema. Should I just restore a saved game ( I've got one about a hundred days back , right before I go to fight the Bloodmoon Boss) And havent done anything too signifant besides Telavani since.

OR

Should I continue on, achieve the rank of wizard, and sit around my tower all the while knowing I'm a mental-magicka-midget?

I've gotten a lot of insightfull feedback from you Morrowind addicts in the past (and believe it or not) respect your opinions.
What would you do?

Hero
03-17-2004, 12:14 PM
as a current archmagister of the house of telvanni i say go ahead and complete it...becuase otherwise you will end up wondering what your stronghold would have looked like and feeling like crap for not completing the few remaining missions left. you have already put in a great deal and time into the telvanni you might as well finish it..

also your telvanni you can get all kinds of crap to help you out like enchanting stuff to fortify your majicka, fortify your intelligence, and fortify your conjuration in order to summon great creatures..

on the philosphical dilemna your having..being a archmagister doesnt mean having the most majicka its about having the biggest arsenal of badass spells that the other magisters can only envy..its also about knowing how to use them effectively. and you can always put your spells onto scrolls so it doesnt waste your majicka or creating constant effect items so you dont have to keep calling a spell over and over.

worst comes to worst...and this is my favorite part of morrowind..once your done completing all your missions you can just start over and join a ton of different guilds and another house.

Lord Vivic
03-17-2004, 03:17 PM
OK.....HERO I was in your shoes at one time where I just couldnt cast the spells I wanted to cast so I thought for a long while and decided to start exploring different spells and came up with

Fortify Willpower or intell.(which ever raises magika)
Soal Trap on Target for 1 sec.

Later I found out that you could find the spell over the internet and it pissed me off but that spell if done right will perminatly raise your magika to extreme lvls.

And House Telvani.....why Telvani its stronghold sucks...

Hero
03-18-2004, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Lord Vivic
OK.....HERO I was in your shoes at one time where I just couldnt cast the spells I wanted to cast so I thought for a long while and decided to start exploring different spells and came up with

Fortify Willpower or intell.(which ever raises magika)
Soal Trap on Target for 1 sec.

Later I found out that you could find the spell over the internet and it pissed me off but that spell if done right will perminatly raise your magika to extreme lvls.

ill have to look into that unlimited magic spell..ive tried to stay away from the internet for my answers though...but ive already beat the game once and this is my second time around the the game..now im just trying to complete missions..

And House Telvani.....why Telvani its stronghold sucks...

hey its the first time i joined a house..i didnt join any the first time i beat the game :cry: plus a stronghold is only as kool as you make it look..and mines looks groovy! i have all my armor collection sets lieing around key points of my house and i personally decorated most of the rooms. and plus i have those old dwemer gaurds roaming my house and shiznit...and i can summon that dwemer ball monster..

but im seriously considering buyin MGOTY and starting over again this time joining house hilalu

Lord Vivic
03-18-2004, 07:09 PM
How do you permanantly summon a monster without it following you.

::::Hero::::
You said you have those dwemer guards roaming your house how did that come about.....did they come with the house???

Hero
03-22-2004, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by Lord Vivic
How do you permanantly summon a monster without it following you.

::::Hero::::
You said you have those dwemer guards roaming your house how did that come about.....did they come with the house???

yeah it came with the house...i had to give find some dwemer plans for the dwemer monsters and give them to the lady that builds the stronghold.. i only three of them..two ball ones and one big robot...only one of the ball ones patrols the inside of the house though.

the lady also teaches you a spell to summon the ball monster..but i cant make it into a constant effect cuz the spelll doesnt come out when i try to create it. :confused:

::Edit::
sorry for the slow reply..just got my the adapter for my monitor so i can play xbox...(old tv blew up) and i have been playing non stop for the last couple of days...

:hail: Morrowind

Lord Vivic
03-27-2004, 12:23 PM
Thats cool I am just waiting to get my router so I can play Splinter sell:Pandora Tomarrow and Rainbow Six III.