PDA

View Full Version : **Halo vs. Quake ---> Vote, vote, vote!**

HaloDevil
03-17-2004, 04:12 PM
Well, it's round two of Gamespy's Title Fight - The Ultimate Gaming Challange. Halo destroyed Goldeneye in Round 1 and now it's up against Quake 1. Lets make sure it's got our support. Vote, vote, vote and vote again!

Go here (http://www.gamespy.com/titlefight/matches/0213.shtml).

As of this post...

Halo: 1287
Quake: 1122

The poll closes tomorrow at 12:00pm PST. GO AND VOTE NOW!

;)

CMX Jedi
03-17-2004, 04:17 PM
*raises hand* Halo vote :D

Slowride
03-17-2004, 04:30 PM
Halo obviously. I won't vote though cuz I don't really care.

Yankeez
03-17-2004, 04:40 PM
halo of course :cheers:

Crazy Joe
03-17-2004, 04:46 PM
looks like it's gonna be a rematch in the "Abandoned Base" final, Halo vs. Goldeneye... Halo won in the first round, it'll likely take it's bracket.

Shadow20002
03-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Quake is just another type of FPS..shoot them all.

LynxFX
03-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Quake was just too bad ass in its day. I would vote for it.

revernd
03-17-2004, 06:10 PM
i agree with lynx on that one

nik2deep
03-17-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by ChampTTU
Halo obviously. I won't vote though cuz I don't really care.

Obvious to a console whore....

If it wasnt for quake, Halos multiplayer wouldnt exists.

- JJaX

Kraft
03-17-2004, 06:35 PM
hmmm... they could have had a better matchup. Yeah, they are both FPS's, but they are two totally different ballgames. Thats like matching up Everquest and Final Fantasy, or Soul Caliber and Mortal Kombat. I would have rather seen Halo vs. Half-Life and/or Quake vs. Unreal.

The Executioner
03-17-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by nik2deep

Obvious to a console whore....

If it wasnt for quake, Halos multiplayer wouldnt exists.

- JJaX

Even I a great Halo fan will vote for Quake...Best...Shooter...Ever! Actually I hate to say it but Halo's single player bores me now, and noone plays me in da multiplayer.

TheCovenant
03-17-2004, 07:22 PM
eh, quake may have introduced many multiplayer types....but so did bungie and the marathon series. In fact, a lot of the quake games dont have the multiplayer options that halo has.

Eh, i vote halo. Quake may have intorduced goodmultiplayer, but halo acheived it better. Props to bungie..

The Executioner
03-17-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by TheCovenant
eh, quake may have introduced many multiplayer types....but so did bungie and the marathon series. In fact, a lot of the quake games dont have the multiplayer options that halo has.

*caugh* Bull ***** *caugh*

TheCovenant
03-17-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by halo2man

eh, yea. you're right. all those cool vehicles in quake are awsome. The expansive singleplayer in quake is the best of all time! The AI is so damn cool!

oh and dont even mention the awsome ass co-op in quake!

aww, but dang nabbit, halo seems to be winning the pole. I guess our opinion doesn't matter.

Dang once more.

EDIT : Now THAT was *cough*bull ******cough*.....

SPARTAN VI
03-17-2004, 10:56 PM

Um.. what? You seem to have a nasty cough there. :o

TheCovenant is completely right. Quake and Marathon were released in the same timeline, however, Quake quickly claimed the spotlight for being an all 3D game.

For it's time, Quake was great, but nothing matches Halo's replayability. A 3 year standard left unscathed by any other FPS. Halo deserves the vote. :cheers:

Lastly, what did I tell you about flaming and spamming halo2man? :rolleyes:

themoosearmy
03-17-2004, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Spartan-XBA

Um.. what? You seem to have a nasty cough there. :o

TheCovenant is completely right. Quake and Marathon were released in the same timeline, however, Quake quickly claimed the spotlight for being an all 3D game.

For it's time, Quake was great, but nothing matches Halo's replayability. A 3 year standard left unscathed by any other FPS. Halo deserves the vote. :cheers:

Lastly, what did I tell you about flaming and spamming halo2man? :rolleyes:

Exactly, Halo has stood up longer and stronger than any other FPS. Who here still plays quake? Exactly, and yes, Halo's multiplayer would exist if Quake was never there, Bungie developed it from its origins in the Marathon series.

Cryogenic Pyro
03-17-2004, 11:12 PM
I've always disliked every Quake, so my vote definately goes to Halo.

DemonLoki
03-18-2004, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Cryogenic Pyro
I've always disliked every Quake, so my vote definately goes to Halo.

I liked the first one, but don't like the others.

Halo is still cool.

Jayhawk
03-18-2004, 12:17 AM
Halo for sure!

The Executioner
03-18-2004, 07:34 AM

eh, yea. you're right. all those cool vehicles in quake are awsome. The expansive singleplayer in quake is the best of all time! The AI is so damn cool!

oh and dont even mention the awsome ass co-op in quake!

aww, but dang nabbit, halo seems to be winning the pole. I guess our opinion doesn't matter.

Dang once more.

EDIT : Now THAT was *cough*bull ******cough*.....

Oh really?

Halo 5355
Quake 5541

Seems like Quake is winning. Plus oh my gosh Halo has vhecles and co-op mode and quake doesn't, Quake was made 5 years erlier.

Crazy Joe
03-18-2004, 02:05 PM

Oh really?

Halo 5355
Quake 5541

Seems like Quake is winning. Plus oh my gosh Halo has vhecles and co-op mode and quake doesn't, Quake was made 5 years erlier.

halo 9220
quake 9188

it's close right down to the wire, but halo pulls through with the victory by only 32 votes, looks like Halo vs. Goldeneye rematch in the bracket finals! Goldeneye is in for another beating!

HaloDevil
03-18-2004, 02:26 PM
Damn, that was so damn close. Unbelieveable.

Poll closed at...

Halo: 9232
Quake: 9211

HALO WINS!!! :cheers:

Seriosuly though, Halo needed its fans. It should have blown Quake out of the water. Looks like Halo is up against Goldeneye again. That fight will be really close.

This was the biggest and closest fight so far. Halo close with 50.1% of the votes and Quake closed with 49.9% of the votes. The total number of votes was 18443!

Should be interesting to see what happens with Half-Life vs. Quake II (http://www.gamespy.com/titlefight/matches/0215.shtml?voted=1). Perhaps all the Quake fans are tired out. lol. I hope Half Life wins but I dunno if it will. The Quake fans a re pretty crazy mofos.

Crazy Joe
03-18-2004, 02:31 PM
that was wild, there was hundreds of votes cast in the last 2 or 3 minutes.... i was constantly updating to see how it was going to end up.

HaloDevil
03-18-2004, 04:15 PM
21 vote margin on almost 18,500 votes cast!

lol, this was by far the crAzi3st fight yet. Crazy!

ScorpionX
03-18-2004, 06:03 PM
Wow UC is beating CS! :watchout:

SPARTAN VI
03-18-2004, 06:28 PM

It's an aged game, so we vote on the impact it has made (because if we voted on the better game, obviously Halo would win). Quake wasn't ground-breaking, perhapes it's visuals, but nothing more. Halo has stood the test of time (and still is), now if it's impact was so weak, then why would it last so long?

Halo wins. This shouldn't even be in discussion.

HaloDevil
03-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Quake was good way, way back when, but if I was to load it up now I'd feel sick to my stomach. I'd probably attempt suicide so I won't take the risk.

Just my opinion. ;)

The Executioner
03-18-2004, 07:41 PM

It's an aged game, so we vote on the impact it has made (because if we voted on the better game, obviously Halo would win). Quake wasn't ground-breaking, perhapes it's visuals, but nothing more. Halo has stood the test of time (and still is), now if it's impact was so weak, then why would it last so long?

Halo wins. This shouldn't even be in discussion.

2 YEARS??? TEST OF TIME??? WTF???

LynxFX
03-18-2004, 07:44 PM
Originally posted by ScorpionX
Wow UC is beating CS! :watchout:
It's Unreal Tournament from 1999, not UC.

Close match. I still say that Quake has had a larger impact than Halo. All this 'stood the test of time' stuff. Bahhh, What time? It's been out just over 2 years, and just over half a year on the PC. True it is still selling well on the Xbox, but the PC version is forgotten. There are better games out.

When Quake was released, it was THE game to have. The only game to replace it was it's successor Quake II.

Edit: looks like halo2man caught the test of time thing too.

SPARTAN VI
03-18-2004, 10:02 PM

2 YEARS??? TEST OF TIME??? WTF???

Excuse me LynxFX, and halo2man. By test of time, I was referring to it's replayability duration. Halo has been out for over TWOz0rz years, there has never been a game that draws me back after half a year. It just never gets old and it is still setting the standards for future FPS's... 2z0rz! years, and no game outdone it.

:p

LynxFX
03-18-2004, 10:58 PM
Halo has been out for over 3 years
Halo-

Released November 2001

Current date, March 2004

Time inbetween 2 years 4 months. :wink:

SPARTAN VI
03-18-2004, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by LynxFX-XBA

Halo-

Released November 2001

Current date, March 2004

Time inbetween 2 years 4 months. :wink:

I rounded up? :confused:

You still get my point. If I'm playing the same game for over 6 months, then it doesn't matter how long it has been, it's an awesome game. :cheers:

OC Noob
03-19-2004, 12:18 AM

Excuse me LynxFX, and halo2man. By test of time, I was referring to it's replayability duration. Halo has been out for over TWOz0rz years, there has never been a game that draws me back after half a year. It just never gets old and it is still setting the standards for future FPS's... 2z0rz! years, and no game outdone it.

This may be correct if you are strictly talking console FPS. Console FPS is pretty much no mans land though.

If you're talking about ALL FPSers then Halo set no standards and certainly has nothing to do with future standards.

You young bucks need to realize err.... or realize0Rz that Halo isn't the first game ever made and just because you were too young or never played older games it doesn't mean they all sucked.

SPARTAN VI
03-19-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by OC Noob

This may be correct if you are strictly talking console FPS. Console FPS is pretty much no mans land though.

If you're talking about ALL FPSers then Halo set no standards and certainly has nothing to do with future standards.

You young bucks need to realize err.... or realize0Rz that Halo isn't the first game ever made and just because you were too young or never played older games it doesn't mean they all sucked.

And that is one reason why I don't like having my age displayed in my profile. People draw conclusions. I'll have you know, that I was raised on a Commodore 64. I was never too youung to play Quake. I've been a PCgamer in heart, pushed by his tight budget to get an Xbox instead (which nearly satisfies the PCgamer within).

Now, I am pitting Halo against all FPS titles. I've played 'em all. Absolutely none of them have the luring power of Halo, and I'm obviously not alone. If I had to support why Halo is so great, I'd say:

Graphics- It looks amazing, and still does. For a long time I believed that in the year 2010, games couldn't get any better graphically. Halo somewhat turned that theory upside-down. Physics, (even though they're not technically graphical, they're still visual) the Halo engine has one of the best display of physics I've ever seen.
Story- A cookie-cutter story, but executed very well with it's complement novels (but they're irrelevant at the moment). The Flood gave a very welcome horrific surprise to the game.
AI- It's superb. Beginning to show it's age, but it's still up there.
Vehicles- Not very many have caught onto vehicular combat until Halo rolled around. Vehicle combat with AI teammates added to the fun of it all.
Multiplayer- This is the strongest reason to play Halo. Given that everything above is A+ quality, it'll tie into the multiplayer experience.

Now, if it were 6 years ago. I'd be arguing why I think Quake is better than *insert game here*. But Quake just doesn't stand very high as a gaming milestone. Kids years from now may recognize the name Halo, but Quake will be forgotten.

Lastly, to comment on the "l337 h4x0r" talk. I only did that out of mockery because LynxFX corrected me. A joke.

themoosearmy
03-19-2004, 03:07 AM
21 Loyal Fans made the difference, now its a rematch with the classic Goldeneye...

Posted by Frankie: ... Now it's a democracy remember, and we don't want to unduly influence your vote, other than to say if we lose, we'll be sad, and sad programmers don't type fast enough. And they don't put enough guns or vehicles in their sequels. I'm just saying...

Whew, thats just messed up.

Microsoftally
03-19-2004, 07:19 AM
Quake all the way... Halo isn't all that great of a game (I just don't see the hype) and i all too often ask my self what the hell is so good about it?

Splinter Cell (soon pandora tommorow) all the way!
(Ships sometime next week :D)

I've been bussy for a while with sorts of stuff... Sorry I haven't made my way to the net...

The Executioner
03-19-2004, 08:45 AM

O well that makes sence. Anyway I think i'm really taking the Devils Advocate I love Halo and I love Quake I prefer Halo but think Quake affected the gaming world more.

JJaX
03-19-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by themoosearmy

Exactly, Halo has stood up longer and stronger than any other FPS. Who here still plays quake? Exactly, and yes, Halo's multiplayer would exist if Quake was never there, Bungie developed it from its origins in the Marathon series.

What the hell are you talking about? Halo has only been out for 2 years :cuss: Quakes been around more than 3 times that....

AND YES people still play quake.

AND YES quake had a co-op mode (i think the covenant mentioned said it didnt)

And i would rather play quake CTF on a 32 player lan, I get my own F'n screen. Not this bubble gum Nintendo 64 split screen BS.

You halo fan boys need to stop talking crap about quake. You probably werent old enough to play it, so you think halo is the best thing since sliced pu55y.

Dont get me wrong, Halo is a great game and its loads of fun. But give respect to games that were as epic as quake.

Stop being such F'n Fanboys....Its disgusting.

The Executioner
03-19-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

What the hell are you talking about? Halo has only been out for 2 years :cuss: Quakes been around more than 3 times that....

You halo fan boys need to stop talking crap about quake. You probably werent old enough to play it, so you think halo is the best thing since sliced pu55y

Nicely said.

BinaryXtreme
03-19-2004, 12:16 PM
Man, I don't know. Halo 2 but Quake is right there too. Both will be bad ass games. No, maybe Quake, no Halo, no Quake......that's a hard one to decide.

TheCovenant
03-19-2004, 03:03 PM
Regardless of any argument, you cant sway the halo supporters, case well, it won, Any speculation made now is irrelevant, unless you fell so boldy for quake that you must rant incessantly. If you feel this way, go on and rant, spartan, moosearmy, and myself are done with this subject and will move on to goldeneye vs halo.

And what i dont undrestand, Most poeple voting are pc gamers, why didn't quake win?

eh, halo is a good game, ill leave it at that.

LynxFX
03-19-2004, 04:18 PM

And what i dont undrestand, Most poeple voting are pc gamers, why didn't quake win?

Because nearly every halo and xbox website posted a link to the voting, this thread being one of them, to make sure Halo won. The lowest move being halo.bungie.net changing their forum link to the voting.

There aren't many quake sites left out there with that kind of traffic.

The Executioner
03-19-2004, 05:40 PM

Because nearly every halo and xbox website posted a link to the voting, this thread being one of them, to make sure Halo won. The lowest move being halo.bungie.net changing their forum link to the voting.

There aren't many quake sites left out there with that kind of traffic.

I think that is cheap...but thats me.

XboxTJ
03-19-2004, 06:55 PM
Go Halo, Go Halo, what what what, lol.

SPARTAN VI
03-19-2004, 07:14 PM

Quake 3 perhapes, the Quake1 fans have moved on.

And i would rather play quake CTF on a 32 player lan, I get my own F'n screen. Not this bubble gum Nintendo 64 split screen BS.

That's fine. Halo would be better had they eliminated splitscreen by allowing more connections. But I'd rather play 16 player CTF on Halo over any number of players on Quake, the difference in technology and replayability are so huge because of the time gap, it's just a much better game. Regardless of split screen issues.

You halo fan boys need to stop talking crap about quake. You probably werent old enough to play it, so you think halo is the best thing since sliced pu55y.

Most of us that are arguing were old enough to play Quake, I believe we were all about 8 years old when Wolfenstein 3D hit (I'm speaking for TheCovenant and I, not so sure about anyone else). Not sure who you're talking about regarding crap flinging at Quake. I played the game nearly everyday when I was younger. :cheers:

Stop being such F'n Fanboys....Its disgusting.

'werd' ;)

Tony_Macaroni
03-19-2004, 09:31 PM
it took me 0.5 milliseconds to decide who to vote for HALO 2 quake u go in and shoot what evere moves HALO is my fav. game of all time. best game in the world , no exaguration. :D :cheers:

dwango
03-23-2004, 01:58 PM
I'll take Quake just to cheese off the obnoxious, obsessed and narrowminded Halo fanboys. I like Halo, but try - just TRY - to have a rational discussion about it with someone who claims to eat, drink and sh** Halo from morning, noon to night and claims to make it their life. And it seems there are a LOT of those folks out there! Obsession about ANYTHING, especially a freakin' GAME, is frankly rather scary.

Finish last in your league and they call you Idiot. Finish last in medical school and they call you Doctor. ~Abe Lemons

l Maximus l
03-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Quake was great...Halo was even better.

In fact, Halo is still my favorite game of all time...my vote goes for Quake...jk... Halo :D

OC Noob
03-23-2004, 06:08 PM

And that is one reason why I don't like having my age displayed in my profile. People draw conclusions. I'll have you know, that I was raised on a Commodore 64. I was never too youung to play Quake. I've been a PCgamer in heart, pushed by his tight budget to get an Xbox instead (which nearly satisfies the PCgamer within).

Now, I am pitting Halo against all FPS titles. I've played 'em all. Absolutely none of them have the luring power of Halo, and I'm obviously not alone. If I had to support why Halo is so great, I'd say:

Graphics- It looks amazing, and still does. For a long time I believed that in the year 2010, games couldn't get any better graphically. Halo somewhat turned that theory upside-down. Physics, (even though they're not technically graphical, they're still visual) the Halo engine has one of the best display of physics I've ever seen.
Story- A cookie-cutter story, but executed very well with it's complement novels (but they're irrelevant at the moment). The Flood gave a very welcome horrific surprise to the game.
AI- It's superb. Beginning to show it's age, but it's still up there.
Vehicles- Not very many have caught onto vehicular combat until Halo rolled around. Vehicle combat with AI teammates added to the fun of it all.
Multiplayer- This is the strongest reason to play Halo. Given that everything above is A+ quality, it'll tie into the multiplayer experience.

Now, if it were 6 years ago. I'd be arguing why I think Quake is better than *insert game here*. But Quake just doesn't stand very high as a gaming milestone. Kids years from now may recognize the name Halo, but Quake will be forgotten.

Lastly, to comment on the "l337 h4x0r" talk. I only did that out of mockery because LynxFX corrected me. A joke.

Can't believe this is still on the front page. Since it is I'll do a quick reply.

I did say, "because you were too young or just didn't play older games." So I did bring up the possibility that you were both young or old. I really don't care how old you are, but I do know from a few statements you've made that you aren't a very avid PC gamer. i.e Halo will be remembered and Quake will be forgotten. Quake + ID + Doom + Carmack = BIG ASS PC DEAL. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Quake or Doom, but I do recognize them for the gaming milestones that they are. Heck, I like Halo better then Quake II, but I'm not going to be so bold as to say Quake II is a forgetable title.

Quake IV is in the works and as long as Carmack and ID are making games, you can bet Quake will be a house hold name.

I'm not going to argue Quake II is better then Halo, but give credit were credit is due. Quake as a whole was and still is huge. The voting is some what proof of this.

What is funny is that the Quake IIIa engine is probably used in more Xbox games then any other single gfx engine. Anyone know if the QIIIa engine is just modified for PC to Xbox ports or are the games completely recoded. I would think modifying the engine for Xbox would be fairly simple vs recoding a game.

OC Noob
03-23-2004, 06:34 PM
Just for sh*ts and giggles if anyone still has that old Quake 1 CD check out this link.

http://www.tenebrae2.com/

Its a project that updates the original Quake gfx engine. It add much better textures, dynamic (vs static) lighting and Pixel Shading 2.0 (DX9 effects) to the original Quake.

It takes those old crappy gfx of the original and turns them into modern day (better in a lot of cases) graphics.

I've been meaning to try it out for a while just to see how it looks with the 2.0 Pixel shaders. In fact, the same pixel shading used in Halo for PC. Xbox Halo used PS 1.2 ( I think thats the right number) because the NVidia gfx card will only do DX 8.1 and below.

Anyway, its something cool for anyone with an original Quake (which IMO was better then QII) CD laying around.

SPARTAN VI
03-23-2004, 07:43 PM
Quake + ID + Doom + Carmack = BIG ASS PC DEAL. Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Quake or Doom, but I do recognize them for the gaming milestones that they are. Heck, I like Halo better then Quake II, but I'm not going to be so bold as to say Quake II is a forgetable title.

Eh, I'd go ahead and say Quake II is dead asleep. The game never got as much attention as it's predecessor. Quake doesn't seem to be doing too well, either. Quake3 however, is something to be proud of. Even though it wasn't really known for it's intuitive gameplay, the Q3 engine has brought us some kickass games. Regardless, I think Id and John Carmack are better known for Doom and Wolfenstein.

but I do know from a few statements you've made that you aren't a very avid PC gamer

Don't bet your head on it. Just because I think Halo tops Quake does not ruin my credibility as a PCgamer.

BAM! It's the Vede!

OC Noob
03-24-2004, 03:42 AM

Eh, I'd go ahead and say Quake II is dead asleep. The game never got as much attention as it's predecessor. Quake doesn't seem to be doing too well, either. Quake3 however, is something to be proud of. Even though it wasn't really known for it's intuitive gameplay, the Q3 engine has brought us some kickass games. Regardless, I think Id and John Carmack are better known for Doom and Wolfenstein.

Don't bet your head on it. Just because I think Halo tops Quake does not ruin my credibility as a PCgamer.

BAM! It's the Vede!

I think its one of those what have you done for me lately things. People tend to forget how big things were as time goes on and hail the latest and greatest as the best ever or better then things from the past because hype and everything else fades over time.

Just like Wilt Chamerlain was the best basketball player, then it was Micheal Jordan, soon it will be LeBron James.

Quake II was the s**t back when it came out and while I agee that (even though most hard core PC gamers would slap me for this) Halo is a better game then Quake II was for its time, I still remeber just how big it was and don't agree that it was forgetable or didn't have a very big impact on FPS and multiplayer of today.

Oh well, its all a matter of perspective and fun to debate. I have just one question. Why in the heck use Quake II? The first Quake was better and had a much bigger impact on todays MP. Why use the weakest link in the series?

JJaX
03-24-2004, 09:36 AM

Quake II was the s**t back when it came out and while I agee that (even though most hard core PC gamers would slap me for this)

Agreed, I was a hard core LMCTF player...

That was the mod that allowed you to fire this grappling hook without having to change your weapon. So you would be swinging around maps fighting in the air, or up huge tunnels etc...

Kick ass :cheers:

LynxFX
03-24-2004, 02:01 PM

Agreed, I was a hard core LMCTF player...

That was the mod that allowed you to fire this grappling hook without having to change your weapon. So you would be swinging around maps fighting in the air, or up huge tunnels etc...

Kick ass :cheers:
I was in a hardcore XCTF Quake II clan. Same thing with the grappling hook except this was the laser grappling hook so gravity didn't affect it. Oh man it made for some awesome matches.

I would say that Quake II got the most attention from the gaming community. Most people I played with tried Q3 but left it for Q2 again and then migrated over to UT which was much better than Q3. The Q3 engine however was nicely done and brought us some great games, still does. The the game itself was a forgotten mess.

JJaX
03-24-2004, 02:40 PM

I was in a hardcore XCTF Quake II clan. Same thing with the grappling hook except this was the laser grappling hook so gravity didn't affect it. Oh man it made for some awesome matches.

I would say that Quake II got the most attention from the gaming community. Most people I played with tried Q3 but left it for Q2 again and then migrated over to UT which was much better than Q3. The Q3 engine however was nicely done and brought us some great games, still does. The the game itself was a forgotten mess.

Yeah, the hook in LMCTF wasnt effected by gravity either.

Good times, good times... :cheers:

And UT was amazing.

LynxFX
03-24-2004, 03:25 PM

Yeah, the hook in LMCTF wasnt effected by gravity either.

Good times, good times... :cheers:

And UT was amazing.
Cool Cool. I don't remember LMCTF. I wonder what the difference was between that and XCTF. :huh:

JJaX
03-25-2004, 10:15 AM

Cool Cool. I don't remember LMCTF. I wonder what the difference was between that and XCTF. :huh:

Maps, skins...

Thats about it...

LMCTF had ruins as well. (strength, speed, regeneration, defense)

LynxFX
03-25-2004, 01:50 PM
Hmm, we used the same ruins too.

Guess it was just a different tourney type match.

SPARTAN VI
03-26-2004, 01:48 AM
I have just one question. Why in the heck use Quake II? The first Quake was better and had a much bigger impact on todays MP. Why use the weakest link in the series?

What're you talking about 'use Quake II'? You mentioned it first, and I don't think Quake II was all that great.

And no, I'm not forgetting the old simply because the new is so much better. Games like Lords of the Realm II (1994), Warcraft2 (1996), Starcraft (1998), Age of Empires II (1998), RainbowSix Rogue Spear (1997?), Half-Life (1998), Red Alert (1995), and DarkForces 2: Jedi Knight (1997) are all farely aged games. They'll hold their own in my mind for a looong time. In fact, I still play half the games on the list.