PDA

View Full Version : Buying A New Game

BoundBruiser
03-17-2004, 04:55 PM
OK, I'm buying a game today, although I need guidence. I'm thinking about getting The Suffering or Breakdown. Anyone know what game would be good enough to last until Fable, Halo 2.

RichVGS
03-17-2004, 05:11 PM
Considering that Breakdown hit stores today, I don't think too many people will have an idea as to how long it is going to last. The Suffering is insanely cool though. I don't think either game will last until Halo 2, but I'd have to go with The Suffering by default because I've only played that one.

xbox is so COOL
03-17-2004, 05:15 PM
ooooooooh tough choice, i haven't played any, but FOR SURE the suffering is good, i'd rent break down.

Brutus
03-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Well, buddy. I'll tell you one thing. I just bought Ninja Gaiden and the game is golden, man.
First, Sweet graphics and 5.1 Dolby Digital
Second, Solid controls even though you have to learn them, which leads to a completely new experience!
Third the game is tough, which is much more rewarding and the cutscenes lend to an outstanding game experience.
I know what's going to be keeping me busy until those games come out.

Yankeez
03-17-2004, 06:09 PM
The suffering is a great fun game, very scary :p , i dont know about breakdown i played the demo yesterday and it was horrid, and IGN gave it a crap review

The Executioner
03-17-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA
The suffering is a great fun game, very scary :p , i dont know about breakdown i played the demo yesterday and it was horrid, and IGN gave it a crap review

I can't stop playing Ninja Gaiden and Breakdown(demo)

Sigma
03-17-2004, 07:47 PM
Wait till next week and pick up Pandora Tomorow.

xbox genius
03-17-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Sigma
Wait till next week and pick up Pandora Tomorow.

yeah thats what i'm doing... i'm gonna get Pandora Tomorrow and i also recommending getting ninja gaiden even tho i played the demo, and get metal arms if you havent already... it is cheap right now too... 30 bucks NEW at gamestop, and i'm sure its alot cheaper if you find one used

kenji
03-17-2004, 10:06 PM
I haven't played either game, but I just picked up Metal Arms, and it is awsome!!!!!! $20 on eBay!!!! It was a stellar deal, and I am really enjoying it. On easy, it can get pretty hard, so Nuts of Steel mode is going to take forever. I haven't played multiplayer yet, but I'm probably going to this weekend.

Good Luck!:cheers:

BoundBruiser
03-17-2004, 10:43 PM
I just got my OXM Mag and I saw the TOCA Race Driver 2 game made by Code Masters. I think this game looks awesome, it looks better than PGR2. Is this worth waiting for?

The Executioner
03-18-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by boundbruiser
I just got my OXM Mag and I saw the TOCA Race Driver 2 game made by Code Masters. I think this game looks awesome, it looks better than PGR2. Is this worth waiting for?

Nope.

TheWheelMan
03-18-2004, 09:31 AM
Wait to get DRIV3R that games ganna be the ****:D

Shadow20002
03-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Ninja Gaiden
Pandora Tomorrow
Breakdown

TheWheelMan
03-18-2004, 03:12 PM
Wait wait wait.......Advent rising;)

Trento52
03-18-2004, 07:27 PM
Xbox nation gave breakdown a 9!!! They rate pretty hard on some games but i wasn't expecting that. I too am gonna buy another game soon after i either pass or get sick of ninja gaiden. SO i am thinking breakdown or the suffering.

Sigma
03-18-2004, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Trento52
Xbox nation gave breakdown a 9!!! They rate pretty hard on some games but i wasn't expecting that. I too am gonna buy another game soon after i either pass or get sick of ninja gaiden. SO i am thinking breakdown or the suffering.
The Suffering has gotten alot more positive reviews. Breakdown seems to be more of a mixed bag I've seen a few really good reviews, but for the most part the reviews have been mediocre.

BoundBruiser
03-18-2004, 09:43 PM
Those of you that have played the Breakdown demo have you been having trouble finishing a level? Usually it cuts me off randomly and it takes me back to the main menu of the game. It sucks.

Hawkhead11
03-18-2004, 10:18 PM
Tomorrow I'm getting either Secret Weapons Over Normandy or Colin McRae Rally 04'. I think I want to get Colin McRae more.

riptor_j
03-19-2004, 09:56 AM
yeah, I also suggest that you get wait until Pandora Tomorrrow. :) looks great...

The Executioner
03-19-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by riptor_j
yeah, I also suggest that you get wait until Pandora Tomorrrow. :) looks great...

If you don't have XBL I wouldnt go with it.

Trento52
03-19-2004, 03:49 PM
okXbox nation gave breakdowna fat 9 and Splinter cell pandora tommorrow a stupid 9. Like come on i know for a fact that breakdown isn't half as splinter cell. That magazine is messed up.

Tony_Macaroni
03-19-2004, 11:02 PM
save ur money for the next couple days for pandora tomorrow its gona be amazing if u have XBL even witout it... the game will be more kik ass then the first (i have demo for pc)