PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Championship 2 Coming! Screens, and Impressions Inside!

bigloser
03-18-2004, 02:31 AM
Here's some UC2 screens.
http://www.homelanfed.com/images/jcal/uc24.jpg http://www.homelanfed.com/images/jcal/uc26.jpg
http://www.homelanfed.com/images/jcal/uc28.jpg
http://www.homelanfed.com/images/jcal/uc25.jpg

You can read some impressions, and see some more screens by visiting HomeLan. (http://www.homelanfed.com/index.php?id=21714)

Variation-XBA
03-18-2004, 03:01 AM
Sure looks alot more appealing.

I just seem to be playing too much UT/2/2k3/2k4 lately.... hope its not out for awhile so I can take a break.

The Executioner
03-18-2004, 07:04 AM
Any idea when its coming out and IF it will have vehicles.

Ninjermy
03-18-2004, 08:10 AM
looks pretty sweet. i hope is a large improvement though from Unreal championship on XBL. i am in great need of a descent XBL game!!!

NorCal Kid
03-18-2004, 09:47 AM
I liked the Unreal Championship a lot...this looks a lot more like that than Unreal 2. If it had some vehicles and some good maps then I can't wait.

Uchiha Sasuke
03-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Looking good, the only downside is that I hear it will only beable to support 8 players on live :(

TechBonus
03-18-2004, 09:51 AM
Are you guys for real? these screens are horrible. they are blurry and far from appealing. UC looked way better than this.:cuss:

The Executioner
03-18-2004, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by TechBonus
Are you guys for real? these screens are horrible. they are blurry and far from appealing. UC looked way better than this.:cuss:

You sound like you have been smoking pot & chugging Vodka at the sam time. The screens are awsome .

CMX Jedi
03-18-2004, 09:59 AM
I REALY hope its not as bad as unreal 2

The Executioner
03-18-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by Doobus48174
I REALY hope its not as bad as unreal 2

It isn't anything like it.

TechBonus
03-18-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by halo2man

You sound like you have been smoking pot & chugging Vodka at the sam time. The screens are awsome .

Vodka and pot and the same time are a recipe for disaster. i would only do one at a time.

revernd
03-18-2004, 12:23 PM
lol... so true so true... mixing is bad

Shadow20002
03-18-2004, 02:11 PM
hmm.. about to dethrone Halo 2 ? hmm...

bigloser
03-18-2004, 02:26 PM
Heh, Microsoft just "officially announced" Unreal Championship 2. Here's some of the press release.

Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict will revolutionize the shooter genre with its high intensity melee combat system, optional third-person perspective and unique character combos. No longer solely bound to the first-person perspective, players can switch to third-person mode for lethal melee attacks and defensive combos; including the devastating reflect move, which sends an incoming attack back to the sender with interest.

Characters in the game will also be more mobile and agile. Each Unreal character will use their own personalized arsenal of jumping, flipping and spinning moves to help players make full use of the new environments. Unique Adrenaline combo-powers supercharge the strength and deadliness of character attacks and defenses, while cranking up character speed and mobility to superhuman levels.

Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict will offer gamers two new single player experiences to challenge their Unreal combat skills. In the single player campaign, players will fight their way through new cities and arenas as they take on the role of Anubis in his attempt to retake his people’s Nakhti Rite of Ascension Tournament from the machinations of the omnipresent Liandri Corporation. In the single player tournament, gamers will fight through a tournament ladder as one of the many unlockable characters in the game. Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict will also offer players the chance to fight head-to-head in eight player tournaments over Xbox Live or System Link. The game will take advantage of Xbox Live's leaderboards, making it obvious who the ultimate tournament champions are.

There's a Unreal Championship 2 trailer that has just been released. The only site that has it as of right now is File Planet. (http://www.fileplanet.com/files/130000/138489.shtml) You'll have to create a free account, then wait in line for the video. :(

BinaryXtreme
03-18-2004, 04:00 PM
Those screen shots look absolutely amazing. I can't wait for this to be released. Unreal Championship is such an awesome game and we can only hope this too to be a great game. I'm not a pc gamer but Unreal 2004 for the pc is just the most amazing game I've ever played. The vehicle aspect and fast action make it a blast to play. If they incorporate any of the aspects on 2004 pc version then look out, this is going to be a fantastic game. I'll be looking forward to updates on this title as release date approaches.

BinaryXtreme
03-18-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by TechBonus

huh, put on some glasses :huh: :watchout:

bigloser
03-18-2004, 04:36 PM
I just watched the Unreal Championship 2 trailer, it looks damn good. Much better than the original UC.

DIGITAL
03-18-2004, 05:12 PM
wow an unreal game with hand to hand fighting,this game will kick butt on live

PoetSaskia
03-18-2004, 06:28 PM
you guys need to see the game in motion. Go to gamespot and watch the developer interview. To me, it looks like it is running at 60 frames per second. What do you think?

Cold_As_Ice
03-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Unreal 2 for XBox is a dirty, disgraceful, mediocre, mound of ****!!! That game is so aweful. One of the biggest disapointments this generation. The original Unreal Championship for XBox obtained more quality in its package in comparison to Unreal 2.

Anyway, I don't like the Third Person Perspective Epic Games is implementing in this iteration of the series. Bad idea in my opinion, but I'll wait until I see more of the game to make a complete judgement. Otherwise, the graphics look extremely nice. Lets hope that Epic can develope the code in this game to run at a consistant 30fps, at the very least.

SnoochyBoochy
03-18-2004, 06:48 PM
need... new... live... FP.....S!!!

don't know why that s was so hard to get out.

Peepers
03-18-2004, 06:52 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: this game will never be half the game on the Xbox that it is on the PC. The motion simply happens too fast for the Xbox: the Xbox framerate can't keep up at an acceptable level--good PC's barely can--and the gamepad is not conducive to rapid movement shooters. This game just doesn't play to many of the Xbox's strengths in any original way, but it certainly plays to all the Xbox's weaknesses.

PoetSaskia
03-18-2004, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Cold_As_Ice
Unreal 2 for XBox is a dirty, disgraceful, mediocre, mound of ****!!! That game is so aweful. One of the biggest disapointments this generation. The original Unreal Championship for XBox obtained more quality in its package in comparison to Unreal 2.

Anyway, I don't like the Third Person Perspective Epic Games is implementing in this iteration of the series. Bad idea in my opinion, but I'll wait until I see more of the game to make a complete judgement. Otherwise, the graphics look extremely nice. Lets hope that Epic can develope the code in this game to run at a consistant 30fps, at the very least.
Again, from the developer interview at Gamespot, it appears to be running at a steady 60fps. I'm pretty sure it is. Watch it and tell me what you think.
And Peepers, this is not a port of UT 2004. It is a completely original game made for the xbox.

bigloser
03-18-2004, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Peepers
I've said it before and I'll say it again: this game will never be half the game on the Xbox that it is on the PC. The motion simply happens too fast for the Xbox: the Xbox framerate can't keep up at an acceptable level--good PC's barely can--and the gamepad is not conducive to rapid movement shooters. This game just doesn't play to many of the Xbox's strengths in any original way, but it certainly plays to all the Xbox's weaknesses.

??? Unreal Championship 2 isn't on the pc. There's no Unreal game on the pc that has Soul Calibur type Weapon based fighting. This isn't a port of UT2K4, this is a totally new game.

SmileBit
03-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Unreal Championship sucked big time.

Unreal Championship 2 graphically looks exactly the same as the first 1.

Unless this hits in 2005 I wont even look at it in the store.

PS: 8 players max online? What a joke.

bigloser
03-18-2004, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by SmileBit
Unreal Championship sucked big time.

Unreal Championship 2 graphically looks exactly the same as the first 1.

Unless this hits in 2005 I wont even look at it in the store.

PS: 8 players max online? What a joke.

Unreal Championship 2 should be a lot better than the original. It's being made by a different developer(Epic) and is being published by a different publisher(Microsoft). I wasn't a fan of the original, but I have a lot of faith in Epic, they usually make great games.

bigloser
03-18-2004, 10:48 PM
WorthPlaying.com (http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=16772&mode=thread&order=0) now has the Unreal Championship 2 trailer for download.

skorp
03-18-2004, 11:19 PM
WOW!!!

First-Person or Third person view....

Melee weapons....

Awesome!

:D

Ethereal S. D.
03-19-2004, 06:32 AM
I've played countless times UT Championship on the xbox and It's still good. But it lacks in the downloadable content area. But I have UT2003 and it runs about twice as good on my pc (fps and all) with more maps that I know what to with. UT2003 and UC are closely related but they have their key differences. You've all got to see the OMFG gun I've added to my UT2003 arsenal :D ... I am seriously getting UT2004 because it runs twice as good as UT2003 because my PC can better support it's rendering methods for some reason... :watchout: Unreal 2 was mediocre at best. ("That's Mister Jarhead to you!" :D hehe)

bostwick202
03-19-2004, 06:37 AM
looks pretty badass to me

jabrre
03-19-2004, 11:50 AM
Unreal 2 isnt a bad game at all. First of all, its not UC. When I got the game, I knew what to expect. Its a cheesy title. The voice acting is bad; the animations are sub par (the aliens look like they were made for the Atari 2600); and the levels quite short.

Why did I state that the game isnt a bad game at all? Simple. I am a MST3k fan and love cheesy media from time to time. So, Unreal 2 is like a bad movie, such as "Manos Hands Of Fate". Its cheese, but its like swiss cheese. Its full of holes. :D

BinaryXtreme
03-19-2004, 12:05 PM
The only people that I've ever met that hate Unreal are the ones I smoked at the game. Everyone speaks of how poor the frame rate is in Unreal Championship for the XBOX but I've never seen this. It doesn't matter how great anything is, some people will make any excuse not to like it. My favorite title is still Unreal Championship and I've found Unreal 2 to be a very fun game as well. Just a note....I went to a LAN party last week and played UT 2004 against this guy who was complaining how the XBOX sucks and the frame rate is too slow on Unreal Championship to even play it. I look at his screen and the game is so damn choppy you can barely see it. The guy is running an old GeForce 2 video card. Yeah, that's right.....a 64 bit card and dares to even complain about graphics on any system. Unreal Championship runs pretty damn smooth on the XBOX if you ask me. Just my opinion.....

The Executioner
03-19-2004, 06:11 PM
U.C is seriously underrated.

XboxTJ
03-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Man, when i first heard UC2 was coming to the Xbox, i almost feel out of my chair, i cannot wait!

The Executioner
03-19-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by XboxTJ
Man, when i first heard UC2 was coming to the Xbox, i almost feel out of my chair, i cannot wait!

*school girl voice* O my god me too *school girl voice*

Tony_Macaroni
03-19-2004, 09:32 PM
i never likes the unreal tournament series....i might jus rent this one :watchout:

Cold_As_Ice
03-20-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by PoetSaskia

Again, from the developer interview at Gamespot, it appears to be running at a steady 60fps. I'm pretty sure it is. Watch it and tell me what you think.
And Peepers, this is not a port of UT 2004. It is a completely original game made for the xbox.

No one can properly determine what the final FPS of Unreal Championship 2 will be until they actually play it on a TV. Direct Feed Video runs at 30fps or lower. I for one don't exactly take what Epic is saying about the final FPS very seriously, considering what a mess the first game was. Regardless, the graphics in UC2 look excellent.

AlphaRaptor
03-20-2004, 10:31 PM
I can't wait, the graphics look much improved which surprizes me. Check out that ice on the 3rd screenshot!!

Tony_Macaroni
03-21-2004, 11:14 AM
its jus so beautiful :cry:

TheCovenant
03-22-2004, 12:15 AM
okay i dl'd the trailer from worthplaying.com, and imustsay, the game looks impressive. the third person thing doesnt seem that great though. Obviously, the gameplay and graphics are notcheed up a bunch, and i bet the skilled players will be the ones that can use the first person, and third person view seemlessly.

i dont think sticking to either view would be that cool. but say jumping at a wall, switching to third, redirect ( accuratly) where you wanna land and which direction you're facing, go back into first aim, and headshot. You couldnt do that before.

Before you had to jump at a wall and stare at it, and make a blind jump, to hope to get away from your predator.

Hmmm....this is going to be interestingly fun.....

Oh yea, is the trailer from worthplaying and the trailer form fileplanet the same? i heard about developer commentary and i didnt see that at the worth playing site...

Tony_Macaroni
03-22-2004, 02:56 PM
i never thaught of the third person beiw being used to ur advantage that way... now that u mention it, it seems more useful :D

Tony_Macaroni
03-22-2004, 02:57 PM
***EDIT*** VIEW

MikeMan91389
03-22-2004, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Tony_Macaroni
***EDIT*** VIEW

what do u mean man????

*shrugs* I dont get it.... filler me iner!

dumb canadians ;)

I WILL READ THE POST AGAIN.... TO MAKE SURE IM NOT THE DUM AMERICAN :D

Cold_As_Ice
03-23-2004, 08:24 AM
Wow, this thread went to hell quickly...:rolleyes:

Blended Brain
04-03-2004, 07:46 AM
I watched the interview with Cliff Belszinski, im dieing to find out what Mutators (if any?!?!) will be implemented for UC2. When I heard they were changing the shock rifles primarary fire, it made me feel a little concerned.. As a long time player of unreal championship even after all this time I never get tired of the Instagib Mutator. Regular weapons lack excitement in comparison to the intense rush you get from one hit kill. I will be VERY disappointed if they remove this feature for xbox live. Unreal didn't need these major changes just a bigger selection of maps, weapons, and maybe additional options such as customizing your characters physical features. My all time favorite game so far for sure, particularly because it's the only first person shooter of it's kind. Throw out whatever you want, but trashing instagib would rob the unique quality that set this title apart from other shooters.

George89
04-03-2004, 08:32 AM
I just hope it's better than Unreal II and Unreal Championship 1

Tony_Macaroni
04-03-2004, 11:24 AM
yeah, i never really liked the unreal tournaments

Soundscape
04-04-2004, 05:15 PM
yeah, i never really liked the unreal tournaments

yeah, we heard you the first time on page 2 :p

i never likes the unreal tournament series....i might jus rent this one

Tony_Macaroni