PDA

View Full Version : MotoX Games

nfgmann4eva
03-18-2004, 03:30 PM
I need help. I don't know wether to get MX Unleashed or MTX: Mototrax. Both of them look good, but i don't know which one to get. Please tell me.

LiquidX
03-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Bah... I havent played any good MX games since Motocross Madness 2... best damn MX game EVER!

TheWheelMan
03-18-2004, 05:09 PM
Try renting MTX: Mototrax cause ive played mx unleashed and to tell you the truth it wasnt what i expected i mean it was fun but i dont think it would keep you occupied for very long so try renting the other one and then see if its worth buying:)

CrazyCougar
03-18-2004, 05:14 PM
MTX : Mototrax is awesome game. You have to master the skills of riding the Stoops, and hitting the triple jumps or you'll be left behind. You also have many freestyle events to compete in.

OH, and its on Live!!! And the best thing about the live feature is, while in a lobby waiting to race, you freeride the course until the Host starts the race. No more just sitting around waiting for the next race.

xturbox
03-18-2004, 05:24 PM
I have both and they are really really really different.
If you want to race dirt bikes on live you better go with MTX as MXU has no online.

It's strange when I 1st played both of them I was not impressed....but learning to play each game and logging some hours on them will change your mind.
some things to consider-
in MTX you have a much more complete career mode where you can upgrade your bike and switch teams to get a better ride.
The bike upgrades make a big difference when racing on line....you will get spanked by people running maxed out bikes..motivation for finishing the career mode fo sure. The basic bikes kinda handle like crap and make the game frustrating..but as you progress you will learn to control the bike better and the bike will be capable of more.
An obvious plus is the online racing and it is really fun..the voice chat can be a lilttle buggy sometimes. The bike sounds aren't that great and not that bad either. MTX doesn not have the large number of tracks like MXU but the tracks are more varied.

MXU-
well if you played mcm2 you know what to expect ..except with a slight grpahical upgrade. There is no online, tons of tracks, differnt vehicles to drive (kinda lame imo) the career mode is very basic...race a bunch of races for no real reason as far as upgrades but I guess it opens the vehicles to drive (yawn)...the tracks in MXU (especially the outdoors) all feel very similar to eachother so that takes away from the large track count. Where MXU shines is the bike sounds, the bike controls, and the way the rider moves around on the bike....they did this very well. In mxu when you jump and tap the brakes the front wheel drops just like the real gyroscope effect on a real bike. ..MTX does not have that level of physics built into it.

In short MTX is an arcadey feeling online MX racer that is fun once you get an upgraded bike and learn the games controls.

MXU is more of MX sim and it acts much more like a real dirt bike would but it's not online......
both are really fun and thats why I had to get both....if I had to choose and I did not have xbox live I would only buy MXU...if you have live and like to race online you have to get MTX imho

also I agree with cougar ..the practice laps online lobby is a great live feature

BoundBruiser
03-18-2004, 09:57 PM
I don't know if any of you have ridden dirt bikes but which one feel the most realistic. MCM2 was pretty realistic but the opponments were pussies.

Do any of these games have an actual clutch you can use?

Which has the best graphics?

Which is the most challenging and realistic?

CrazyCougar
03-18-2004, 11:16 PM
In MTX the left trigger is your clutch, and the X button is your brakes. The right trigger is your gas. All these settings are default.
So yes, you can use the clutch to get some high revs to slide the back endthrough a turn, or even get a quick jump out of the gate.

Splinter-Seal
03-18-2004, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by boundbruiser
I don't know if any of you have ridden dirt bikes but which one feel the most realistic. MCM2 was pretty realistic but the opponments were pussies.

Do any of these games have an actual clutch you can use?

Which has the best graphics?

Which is the most challenging and realistic?

As a 14 year MX vet, MXU is the most realistic to me. Not to mention it has a more functional clutch, and as was mentioned you can actually control your bike's pitch mid-air with your throttle and brakes.

I didn't find MTX to be at all challenging, and the on-line element of the game was mediocre at best. Also, the physics are laughable. That said the realism doesn't exist. Very damn arcadish.

Lemme put it this way; if you liked MCM2, you'll love Unleashed. It's VERY similar, but much better. I think I know what you are looking for because you mentioned MCM2.....Well, you will not find it in MTX, not even remotely.

If onlining is your bag, stick with MCM2. If you can do without the online elements, go with Unleashed. Yes, it has some silly unlockable vehicles that everyone likes to use as a battle ax against this game, but the actual game is bar none.

This is all a matter of opinion. Rent 'em to see is all I can say.

Tony_Macaroni
03-19-2004, 11:13 PM
if u ride in real life go for mxu...if u dont but motox appeals to u go for MTX because if u dont ride...ur not looking for all the realism (clutching turns etc...) so its ur decision.:watchout:

BinaryXtreme
03-20-2004, 01:51 PM
When in doubt.....rent.