PDA

View Full Version : XSN sports cut from the team

Trento52
03-20-2004, 08:04 PM
OK i don't have a link but i heard that microsoft won't make XSN sports anymore except amped and links. This is from terrible sales i think. Anyway i heard that micorsoft will discontinue it's first party sports line up and I know alot of you don't care but they should atleast replace it then get rid of it altogether. I am glad they are keeping amped but they should also keep top spin if they want to make a sequel on xbox next. There basketball got pretty good reviews high 7 to 8 but the hockey and football are absolutely dominated be sega and EA. If they decide to start up sports again they should go all the way and have hockey, football, basketball, soccer, snowboarding, surfing, tennis, baseball, golf, wakeboarding. If they had these as launch titles and had them online i think it would make the new system look pretty good. Then to make people want to buy them have deals of buy 2 get another free or get one pay half for another. Then more would sell and more people would be playing online. Ok maybe i am just going to far and maybe this isn't all true. Well for short I think on a system launch all those titles would look impressive. Also since EA or sega might not release there games quickly on the new system since they are still developing fo there old ones people buying the system would definatley try them out.

Crazy Joe
03-20-2004, 08:17 PM
my solution for MS:

buy Sega and have Sega Sports make your first party sports titles

CrazyCougar
03-20-2004, 11:14 PM
Easy answer to this :

"ALL RUMOR"

Then again the internet thrives on rumors as does todays society, so carry on...LOL! Personally, I dont see it happening, but who knows.

But on the same note, MS only has a few sports titles worth continuing to develop : Links, Topspin and Amped. And Rallisport Challenge 2 will probably be included.

Fever, Inside Pitch and Rivals need to go away. They were absolutely horrible representations of the sport. I get a headache just thinking of the time I wasted playing them. The basketball, well its freakin basketball, so enough said on that title..It can go away too...LOL! Sorry cant stand basketball, so I cant compliment on the game itself.

The only demise of XSN would be the result of Fever, Inside Pitch and Rivals. They will kill XSN with their low quality of gameplay.

Unreal
03-21-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Trento52
OK i don't have a link but i heard that microsoft won't make XSN sports anymore except amped and links.
I stopped reading after that.

CrazyCougar
03-21-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Unreal

I stopped reading after that.

EXACTLY.

Unreal
03-21-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by CrazyCougar

EXACTLY.
I dont have a link, but I was told by this one guy that said his uncle has this one friend that works as a mail delivery guy to the cousin of this guy that worked part time for MS during the summer. Anyway he said MS might drop the XSN because and he said thats all he can say. :watchout: :p

Trento52
03-21-2004, 09:35 AM
It would be cool if they bought sega but i highly doubt it. Having all of sega's games exclusive would be so cool unless it only bought the sports. Anyways I think microsoft did a good job especially new to alot of these games. Madden and sega have been around so long and nintendo and i don't think sony have first party sports so maybe they know what they are doing and see sports as a waste of there time because of how dominated it is.

Caesar SYN
03-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Unreal

I dont have a link, but I was told by this one guy that said his uncle has this one friend that works as a mail delivery guy to the cousin of this guy that worked part time for MS during the summer. Anyway he said MS might drop the XSN because and he said thats all he can say. :watchout: :p

...well I heard from Kim, who knows Shenae, who knows Calvin, who saw "Riguez", who knows this guy Sammy, whos going with this girl, who saw Casper pass out at CAVU last night... I guess its pretty serious...

get the point? Its kinda like the Ferris Bueller routine I like to call it...

LTM360
03-21-2004, 01:35 PM
I'd find this hard to believe after Microsoft bought out the 'High Heat' baseball name almost a year ago when 3DO went under. They've got a nice license now, and can hopefully redeem themselves from Inside Pitch's terrible...-ness. I don't see why they'd waste the money to buy a franchise just to decide they arn't gonna make anymore sports titles.

MikeMan91389
03-21-2004, 03:59 PM
xsn didnt work out too well :(

o well,

but live 3.0 looks to be sumwhat similar of a concept... u no?

mattgame
03-22-2004, 06:21 PM
I happen to like the XSN sports titles. Except hockey and that's only because I don't get with hockey. Fever, Inside Drive, et. al, will be back. Fever needs to enhance gameplay and player models and actions and they will be able to compete with the big boys. How could Fever hope to get with franchises that have been around for years? Same as ID. All MS has to do is put a little more effort into it and you'll all see. Madden is gettin old and Sega is slippin. The takeover will be in full effect with the upcoming sports titles from XSN.

MikeMan91389
03-22-2004, 07:01 PM
sega aint slippin.... i don care wut u say, they produce the best titles year after year :) UbiSoft seems to b takin over tho ;)

Trento52
03-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Amped is the best snowboarding game IMO. Like come on the only competition is crappy arcadeish ssx games that are considered a"sport" title. I also think top spin just from teh demo is great i would get it if i had live.

l Maximus l
03-23-2004, 01:34 AM
One would think that after a few years, MS would have stepped up the bar and learned from Sega sports...it just hasn't happened yet. I really wish it would happen...it's just...well, it simply hasn't.

Links is freakin' sweet...damn, I love that game. And I can't wait for Rallisport Challenge 2...oh man...I have the Madcatz wheel to keep me happy with that game for months :D

mattgame
03-23-2004, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by MikeMan91389
sega aint slippin.... i don care wut u say, they produce the best titles year after year :) UbiSoft seems to b takin over tho ;)

Wait until you the ESPN baseball for this year. It's garbage. Basketball is about the best thing they got going. BTW Ubisoft is the real deal!:cheers:

l Maximus l
03-23-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by t_howell

BTW Ubisoft is the real deal!:cheers:

I would agree, however, when Ubisoft finally implements split screen gaming, then at that time, I will call them the real deal. Also, true cooperative play would also be nice...it just hasn't happened yet. The current coop is system link only or XBL, but, it's only on a mission to mission basis...not actually playing through a Campaign.

Not a single game of Ubisoft supports this...and it's a real bummer, IMO.

mattgame
03-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN

I would agree, however, when Ubisoft finally implements split screen gaming, then at that time, I will call them the real deal. Also, true cooperative play would also be nice...it just hasn't happened yet. The current coop is system link only or XBL, but, it's only on a mission to mission basis...not actually playing through a Campaign.

Not a single game of Ubisoft supports this...and it's a real bummer, IMO.

I have to admit I never thought of it that way. Isn't FarCry gonna have coop online play?