PDA

View Full Version : Best FPS with bots in multiplayer?

Soundscape
03-21-2004, 09:03 PM
hey guys. i'm looking for a fps that has bots, so i can play multiplayer mode by myself. which is the best and why?
thanks for your help

The Executioner
03-21-2004, 09:05 PM
Get Unreal Champ.

O.D.D
03-21-2004, 09:49 PM
Nightfire.

BinaryXtreme
03-21-2004, 10:09 PM
Unreal Championship. No question asked. The best you can get if you love great action.

Yankeez
03-21-2004, 11:40 PM
i dont know if it is the best game but the bots are damn smart u can tell if there bots or humans, Couterstrike has great bots, but u can only do like 10 player game on tiny maps so i would get Unreal :cheers:

l Maximus l
03-21-2004, 11:47 PM
Unreal Championship, for sure.

Soundscape
03-21-2004, 11:47 PM
yeah, i def want a game with intelligent AI/bots. i'll be playing it by myself(most of the time) in multiplayer mode...so please make your suggestion based on this.

i just bought UC off ebay, but i am still looking for suggestions for another.

thanks guys
:cool:

SnoochyBoochy
03-22-2004, 07:25 AM
counter-strike!

The Executioner
03-22-2004, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by SnoochyBoochy
counter-strike!

Yep counter-strike.

SoundX
03-22-2004, 10:39 AM
Timesplitters Two!

UC has bots? Sweet.

CarGuy
03-22-2004, 11:08 AM
Timesplitters two.

BinaryXtreme
03-22-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Yankeez-XBA
i dont know if it is the best game but the bots are damn smart u can tell if there bots or humans, Couterstrike has great bots, but u can only do like 10 player game on tiny maps so i would get Unreal :cheers:

I agree and happy birthday man! :cheers:

Hard Boiled Cop
03-22-2004, 12:39 PM
Red Faction 2 has some nice one as well.

No Fear 23
03-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Timesplitters 2 and unreal championship

Soundscape
03-22-2004, 03:58 PM
ok...so i guess it's gonna be either Timespitters 2, Counter-Strike, or Nightfire.

which would be the most fun to play by yourself?

CRAYMAN
03-22-2004, 04:02 PM
You should definitely get Metal Arms:Glitch...!
It is a blast on single player and has been compared to the almighty HALO.
It's technically not an FPS since you can see your "man" but it is a BLAST and plays the same as an FPS.
UC gets old fast playing alone and the graphics are a bit dated on UC.
Hope that helps.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-22-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN
You should definitely get Metal Arms:Glitch...!
It is a blast on single player and has been compared to the almighty HALO.
It's technically not an FPS since you can see your "man" but it is a BLAST and plays the same as an FPS.
UC gets old fast playing alone and the graphics are a bit dated on UC.
Hope that helps.

Does Metal Arms have bots in multiplayer?

Soundscape
03-22-2004, 04:14 PM
edit: i now know that it doesn't have bots in multi

CRAYMAN
03-22-2004, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop

Does Metal Arms have bots in multiplayer?

I knew I was going to get called on that and the truth is...I don't know. I was never interested in that as I was so enamored with the 1 player experience that I wasn't interested in playing deathmatch games with the computer. :(

Hard Boiled Cop
03-22-2004, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Soundscape1
yes it does, HBC. i overlooked it though, becuase it didn't seem like my kind of game. i'll take another look.

thanks again, guys

If this game does have bots in multiplayer then I'm definitely getting this. I've played the demo and I heard its got some decent 4 player multiplayer action. I only turned it down because I thought it would be boring without co op and without enough people to play with. If what you're saying is true then I'm gonna go out right now and buy the damn thing. Cheers

CRAYMAN
03-22-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop

If this game does have bots in multiplayer then I'm definitely getting this. I've played the demo and I heard its got some decent 4 player multiplayer action. I only turned it down because I thought it would be boring without co op and without enough people to play with. If what you're saying is true then I'm gonna go out right now and buy the damn thing. Cheers

IT'S TRUE!:cheers:
I almost don't want to like it because it's multi-platform, but...

Shadow20002
03-22-2004, 04:42 PM
Unreal Championship !!! :p

Soundscape
03-22-2004, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Shadow-XBA
Unreal Championship !!! :p

yeah, i went ahead and i bought that one last night :)
what's you second choice?

it would be nice to hear from someone has played nightfire, metal arms, timesplitters2, and counter-strike(or 2 or 3 of them) and could add their opinion.

Stagliano
03-22-2004, 06:08 PM
I've not played Counterstrike but both Metal Arms and Timesplitters 2 are excellent games. Nightfire is decent enough but it's not, in my opinion, in the same league as the other two I've played.

If I had to choose one game, I would most likely pick Timesplitters 2 and that's considering I rate Metal Arms very highly indeed.

Timesplitters 2 is probably one of my favourite games. There's an awful lot to do in it, the co-operative mode is great, you can design your own maps for multiplayer and the difficulty levels are (for once) worth playing through as it's not just the same game with the baddies taking more hits/being more accurate etc.

I wrote in your other post about this too and I just can't say enough good things about Timespltters 2 at all. It really is a fantastic game (and that's not taking anything away from Metal Arms). I doubt you would regret buying it.

Hopefully some of this is of help to you and please let us know what you get and whether you like it okay.

MikeMan91389
03-22-2004, 07:06 PM
i still think CS... b/c if u ever got a chance to system link, or go on XBL, u'd be set, and CS is fun.... especially on the hardest mode

Stagliano
03-22-2004, 07:12 PM
People who like games along the lines of Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six 3 seem to enjoy playing Counterstrike online too (although it seems to be more action than sneaking), if that helps make up your mind any.

Can you get your game from a shop with a no quibble return policy? That way you could buy it, try it and swap it for something else if you don't like it.

Soundscape
03-22-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Stagliano
Can you get your game from a shop with a no quibble return policy? That way you could buy it, try it and swap it for something else if you don't like it.

i wish...no gaming shops around here. there's a walmart and music store that carries xbox games about 25 miles away, but neither will allow returns on an opened game.

...and thanks for your detailed post on ts2 and metal arms.
what game, in your opinion, is the best for playing by yourself and against bots in multiplayer?

i live so far out in the sticks that broadband isn't available...so i won't beable to play xbox online anytime in the near future. none of my friends even have a high speed connection.

m4oH
03-22-2004, 08:39 PM
I myust say Timepspitters 2 and Red Faction 2 are some of the funnest games I have ever played against bots. Graphics arent the best on RF2 but they are fine:)

George89
03-22-2004, 08:41 PM
Red Faction II's only real perk to it in my opinion is the ability to destroy your surroundings.

Stagliano
03-23-2004, 02:39 AM
...what game, in your opinion, is the best for playing by yourself and against bots in multiplayer?To be honest, I've not played Metal Arms much/at all against bots. I've played it a little in multiplayer and enjoyed it but I couldn't begin to make any vaguely structured comments about how good/bad/indifferent the artificial intelligence is.

I've played Timesplitters 2 a fair amount against computer controlled opponents and know it's good that way. Also, there are loads of little missions/challenges in it, which you have to complete in single player mode, in addition to the usual deathmatch modes etc. Just thinking about it, Timsplitters 2 has a lot to do in single player in order to unlock everything (which I haven't done) and most of it consists of beating the challenges I mentioned. These can range from being stuck in a small area trying to kill flaming zombies to running around in a deathmatch using a full map. I'm probably not explaining it very well but I hope you know what I mean regardless.

To get to my point; As far as I can tell, the artificial intelligence in Timesplitters 2 is fairly decent and the game can be modified enough to give plenty of variety in most any game mode.

CrispyBacon
03-23-2004, 07:11 AM
Metal Arms is a fantastic game. One of my favorite Xbox games, but I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for multiplayer action by yourself.

Unreal Championship is fun, but imo, Timesplitters is the best by far. The shear number of characters you can choose from (never counted, but it's atleast 50 different ones) and the customization abilities for the matches puts it over the top. It may take you 20+ hours just to unlock everything, but once you do, the multiplayer options are incredible. Plus, what other game pits you in a deathmatch with 20+ shotgun-wielding ducks... or even gingerbread men. It's hilarious.

CRAYMAN
03-23-2004, 11:13 AM
Do yourself a favor, get Metal Arms.
It has vehicles you can drive as well as the ability to control other robots once you get the control tether, some even can fly.
It is extremely long and the graphics are top-notch. It also has some light RPG elements in that you can upgrade your weapons.
TS2 was great in it's day, but doesn't compare in a side by side comparison. Maybe if you're having some friends over to play with you, but from what you're saying, you'll be playing mostly alone.

If not, I would reccomend a game that has a good co-op feature(2 players against the computer).
No one has mentioned Halo, because it doesn't have 'bot deathmatch, but it's co-op feature is unrivaled, or maybe RTCW or MOH:RS.:argue1:

Soundscape
03-24-2004, 04:41 PM
yeah i'm going to be playing by myself, in multiplayer mode with bots....so i gues UC and Timesplitters 2 it is. i'll get metal arms and nightfire later on.
thanks again for all the input
:cool:
:cheers:

lax_defense
03-24-2004, 06:53 PM
I thnk Timesplitters 2 has bots. My friend has it and its really fun. Yeah, I recommend that if you already have UC. Or maybe Nightfire.

Viper87227
03-24-2004, 08:39 PM
I own (or have owned) all of those games. Metal Arms I own and while it has exelent multiplayer, I am not sure if it has bots. Single player is amazing in this game though!

Counter-Strike is your best choice if your looking for intelligent bots. There are many dificulty settings plus you can create you own with options such as limiting there skill, weapean sthey use, if they cant stray from the main objective, ect. You can set them to kick your ass or to stare at you for a good second before they shoot the walls behind you :D Also, in higher difficulty levels, they will remeber your actions as well as those of other bots on your team and make sure to either avoid your routes or find a place to hide in them and take you out. They also make sure to take cover then planting the bomb. They are quite smart and on Expert mode are better than most human players.

Timesplitters 2 I cannot reccomend to you. I thought this game was utter crap right down to the core. I hated the 1st, hated this one more. Its a poorly made, graphically unispiring, unrealistic, just no fun game. I see no logical reason to drop money on this game.

Unreal Champ can now be found for $15-$20, and is a very good game. Its the only FPS that has a "story" if you wish to call it that. There's is slighty more to it than just mindless killing with its tiered gameplay. Also, this game outdoes all the other games in terms of available maps and types of play. I'd reccoment every game but TS2 if you got the cash, you will not be disapointed.

Soundscape
03-24-2004, 09:01 PM
well, it's final. i've bought UC(new $9.99) and TS2(used, like new $10). i'll pick up Counter-Strike in a couple weeks, too. these 3 should keep me interested for a while.

Viper87227
03-24-2004, 09:03 PM
all thats left is getting live...you dont know waht your missing...

nutsnyomowf
03-24-2004, 09:08 PM
CounterStrike No doubt about it

Soundscape
03-24-2004, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227
all thats left is getting live...you dont know waht your missing...

i can't get a high speed connection here. i live too far out it the country.

is there a high speed internet service that is available through a sattelite dish or directtv or anything like that? that would be my only chance, i think

Soundscape
03-24-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by lax_defense
I thnk Timesplitters 2 has bots. My friend has it and its really fun. Yeah, I recommend that if you already have UC. Or maybe Nightfire.

i like your avatar. that's one of my fav. albums of all time.

Viper87227
03-24-2004, 09:21 PM

i can't get a high speed connection here. i live too far out it the country.

is there a high speed internet service that is available through a sattelite dish or directtv or anything like that? that would be my only chance, i think

Indeed there is. I saw advertisments on DIRECTV for it all time time, so its porbably the same company, check there website. Its available everywhere, but do some research, I am not sure if its 1.) a splittable connection, 2.) an ethernet connection. Its also pricy, and I am not sure if its gots good upload/download but it wil beat the pants off dialup, you should definatly look into it, but contact M$ and see if it will work with XBL 1st.

lax_defense
03-24-2004, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Viper87227

Indeed there is. I saw advertisments on DIRECTV for it all time time, so its porbably the same company, check there website. Its available everywhere, but do some research, I am not sure if its 1.) a splittable connection, 2.) an ethernet connection. Its also pricy, and I am not sure if its gots good upload/download but it wil beat the pants off dialup, you should definatly look into it, but contact M$ and see if it will work with XBL 1st.

This is off topic but Viper? is it really you? I havent seen you in these parts for a while. Maybe I just havn't looked around the forums hard enough. Good to see ya.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-25-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by CRAYMAN

I almost don't want to like it because it's multi-platform, but...

I don't really care if its a multiplatform game, I'm definitely getting this, but oh wait... I'm supposed to get Splinter Cell PD tomorrow. *****!

Tony_Macaroni
03-25-2004, 02:56 PM
COUNTER STRIKE , AND TIMESPLITTERS definately

Tony_Macaroni
03-25-2004, 02:56 PM
timeplitters 2 (EDIT)

Hard Boiled Cop
03-26-2004, 11:17 AM
Yeah we know what you're on about.

Soundscape
03-26-2004, 04:04 PM
did you get a chance to pick up metal arms yet, HBC?

Hard Boiled Cop
03-26-2004, 05:07 PM
Nah I decided to get Splinter Cell instead. I played the demo of MAGITS. Splinter cell 2 was new so I thought I ould play that instead. I'm hoping to get MA during the Easter hollies. Just have to get some money off my parents, or my brother.

BlindSniper
03-26-2004, 06:25 PM
CounterStrikes bot system is very very nice. They have many difficulties and it is extremely fun! but with live its amazing...

Soundscape
03-27-2004, 02:24 AM
horsesh1t! i went and spent 30 on Metal Arms tonight and there's not even any bots in multiplayer. ain't that some drag?
atleast UC and Timesplitters will be on their way to my house in a few days...they definitely have bots in multiplayer so's i can play multiplayer by myself, right?

Stagliano
03-27-2004, 05:24 AM
Blimey! Sorry about the misleading information regarding Metal Arms.

I had never played it against anyone other than human opposition so I just assumed there were bots when other people said so. That was a bit foolish of me. Nonetheless, it is a great game and has plenty of single player gameplay in it. There are loads of levels in it (something like forty of them). You could average about an hour on each one if you're careful about doing it fully and don't try to rush through them each time (although you would have to rush through them at least once, to get the speed chip).

Sorry again. The only thing I can think of is turning the status of bot state when not tethered to on in the edit section. At least that way you would have some opposition in the multiplayer game, albeit not other little Glitch type robots.

Sorry again about that.

Hawkhead11
03-27-2004, 08:28 AM
I know you wanted bots, but one of the best FPS on X-Box has got to be Soldier of Fortune II:Double Helix. The only downside is that there is no multiplayer accept for System Link and LIVE.I have LIVE and it is kick ass. But I know that you don't have LIVE, so I would pick up Counter-Strike on the PC, rather than on the 'box. The graphics are better, and there is about 100 maps, but still not any bots, accept if you want to buy the new expansion for $30 called Counter-Strike: Condition Zero.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-27-2004, 11:21 AM
Blimey! Sorry about the misleading information regarding Metal Arms.

I had never played it against anyone other than human opposition so I just assumed there were bots when other people said so. That was a bit foolish of me. Nonetheless, it is a great game and has plenty of single player gameplay in it. There are loads of levels in it (something like forty of them). You could average about an hour on each one if you're careful about doing it fully and don't try to rush through them each time (although you would have to rush through them at least once, to get the speed chip).

Sorry again. The only thing I can think of is turning the status of bot state when not tethered to on in the edit section. At least that way you would have some opposition in the multiplayer game, albeit not other little Glitch type robots.

Sorry again about that.

I knew it! I remembered reading it from a mag but sometimes they misprint stuff so I hear it from you guys. Don't worry no harm done. Lucky for me I bought Splinter Cell 2

Hard Boiled Cop
03-27-2004, 11:22 AM
horsesh1t! i went and spent 30 on Metal Arms tonight and there's not even any bots in multiplayer. ain't that some drag?
atleast UC and Timesplitters will be on their way to my house in a few days...they definitely have bots in multiplayer so's i can play multiplayer by myself, right?

You could always get a refund, depending on where you got it from cos some shops are stinjie. They keep the money. You have the rights!

Soundscape
03-27-2004, 11:37 AM
na, i bought it at wal-mart. that's the only place to get games around here.
i played a level or 2 on it and that's all i could stand. i'll give it to my 12 year old cousin. he likes games like this.

:cuss:

Soundscape
03-27-2004, 11:39 AM
i have the rights??? rights to what?

Stagliano
03-27-2004, 12:09 PM
Metal Arms is a very good game. It's worth trying to ignore the lack of bots and play on a bit in it. Then again, that's only my taste and you might not find any fun in it whatsoever.

It's a shame you don't like it. It can be a lot of fun. It's one of the few games I actually attempt to get everything in, rather than just play through it as quickly as possible.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-27-2004, 12:43 PM
i have the rights??? rights to what?

Rights to get a refund or customers rights. I bought a game once and it was crap so I went back to the shop to get a refund, but they said no. I kept on arguing and later they gave in. lol. The power of speech is indeed powerful.
You didn't like the game? Thats a shame.

Soundscape
03-27-2004, 01:26 PM
yeah, it's a shame...i shame i wasted 30 bucks on this game. i might have liked a game like this when i was 13 or something.

there's no way wal-mart will give you refund because you didn't like the game you bought there.

CRAYMAN
03-29-2004, 01:13 PM
Yeah, it's a bit lighthearted. That might not be your "bag". You must be looking for a more "serious" experience.

BTW, why do you want to play "multi-player" alone? Most want a good single player experience, but you're asking for "bots" and multi-player to play...alone?

Soundscape
03-29-2004, 04:41 PM
BTW, why do you want to play "multi-player" alone?

because the single player campaigns usually get boring pretty quick. i like playing halo multiplayer with my buddies, but we only get the chance to get together couple months or so. so, i was looking for a game with good multiplayer options and intelligent bots to keep me interested, when i'm not able to play with them.

Most want a good single player experience, but you're asking for "bots" and multi-player to play...alone?

yup...i thought i made that pretty clear. i don't think it's that unusual. i'm sure most people can see where i'm coming from here.

:)

Soundscape
03-29-2004, 04:43 PM
Don't worry no harm done.

easy for you to say :rolleyes: