PDA

View Full Version : looking for a good game

Toder
03-22-2004, 12:41 PM
sup fellow xbox addicts. i know its been awhile since you've seen me post, but i'm looking for a new xbox games with tons of single game play action perferible (sp?) ne thing that has over 60+ hours.

I've been real sick and just got back home but won't be able to go do much for the next couple 3 or 4 months so I would appreciate your recomendations.

Toder

OuFtb
03-22-2004, 01:37 PM
I'm not sure how long some of these are but there good

Ninja Gaiden
Elder Scrolls III Morowind: Game of the Year
SW: Knights of the old Repulic
Grand Theft Auto Double Pack(two great games and lots of reply)
The Suffering

Really can't think of many now but those are all pretty good.

MikeMan91389
03-22-2004, 02:13 PM
Yeah, Ninja Gaiden would fill ur time, if you were to get it. Its super d duper hard, and i hear its really fun.

CRAYMAN
03-22-2004, 04:19 PM
Ninja Gaiden of course. It's a system seller for sure.
and
Metal Arms!
Quite long and I never got tired of it.

Ninjermy
03-22-2004, 05:25 PM
ninja gaiden... yes. KOTOR is also good, i played 28 hours and im on the last lvl but i skipped alot of extra stuff. im sure u can fit 50+ hours on it from 1 file

Trento52
03-22-2004, 05:39 PM
Ninja gaiden, breakdown adn th suffering are all pretty good games but are pretty short unless you do everyhing and do teh best and stuff

n e way

Morrwind GOTY i think has alot of gameplay but i hate teh first one

also

star war KOTOR is really good but i am not sure quite 60 hours but probably close if you do everything in the game?

BlindSniper
03-22-2004, 05:42 PM
ninja gaiden is about 20 hours, but if your looking for a lobg game, I suggest azuric LOL its ok but I heard it is very very long anfd can be over 60 hours...

TheWheelMan
03-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Grand theft auto Double Pack, those 2 games never get old i love em:D so should you:p

Stagliano
03-22-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by BlindSniper
I suggest azuric LOL its ok but I heard it is very very long anfd can be over 60 hours...As someone who bought Azurik, I would recommend avoiding it. It's okay at first but it soon gets really frustrating and there seems to be no real goal in it, just pointless wandering about.

A has been suggested, Morrowind (either the original or the Game of the Year Edition) could keep you occupied for a very long time but I don't know if it is exactly what one might describe as being an action game. Honestly, I think you'll be lucky to find an action game which has anything like sixty hours worth of gameplay in it, without replaying through it at least once.

If you're looking for something inbetween action and roleplaying, the suggestion of Knights of the Old Republic is a good one. I reckon you could easily take sixty hours to complete it if you're thorough about completing everything and take the game slowly generally. Plus, it's worth playing through it again to see what would happen if you make different decisions.

I hope that was of some help.

Trento52
03-22-2004, 09:40 PM
Grand theft auot is old and over rated but if you haven't tried it you should give it atleast a rent. Can be very fun.

The Executioner
03-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Pandora Tommorow.

l Maximus l
03-23-2004, 01:30 AM
Toder! Damn, I remember you! Long time no see, man...good to see you back with the XBA brethren :)

Personally, I would recommend Ninja Gaiden. Seriously, dude...this game PWNZ you... it's about 2 inches from impossible...but, it's possible ;)

Actually, right now I have logged on 15 hours and I'm on Chapter 13. I guess there are 16 Chapters...after this, I want to beat it on hard mode...then attempt hardest mode.

The cool thing with this game is that you can unlock the original Ninja Gaiden...but, it doesn't stop there...you can also unlock the full version of Ninja Gaiden 2 and 3 as well. Yes, they are old school, but, good stuff! One of my favorite series back in the day :)

anarchyZERO
03-23-2004, 08:49 AM
DUDE...
get Morrowind: GOTY...ive put at least 30+ hours into it already and im still finding plenty of new stuff to do.

Toder
03-23-2004, 09:44 PM
Thx for the advise guys. I went ahead and picked up GTA double pack. for one thing its two games in one and second i can't drive for like two or three weeks, and i was going boo koo crazy today. but i will probally pick up morrowind GOTY edition in like a week. As for KOTOR i already own and beaten a couple of times. and with my illness i'll be home bound for like 3 months easy. so ninja gaden will come later or just a renter.

thx again,

Toder

BinaryXtreme
03-24-2004, 02:12 AM
Not a new game but my favorite is Unreal Championship.

Stagliano
03-24-2004, 06:55 AM
Toder, I'm sorry, I didn't read your initial post properly at first. Whatever your sickness is, I hope you recover quickly and completely and your X-Box (and dare I say it, any other consoles you own) gives you something fun to do during the time you're recovering.

Your Grand Theft Auto: Double Pack purchase is probably a good one to take up a lot of time. I find them to be games I can put on, completely ignore the missions and just drive around aimlessly for hours in and still enjoy myself. I still don't know my way round either city in them though. Just shows you how good I am at them.