PDA

View Full Version : Knights Of The Old Republic 2 In June EGM!!

XboxGamers
03-22-2004, 01:52 PM
http://media.teamxbox.com/forum/smilies/bang.gif

For the first time in...well, ever, perhaps, the most anticipated of console RPG sequels may not be a Japanese game. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 could be as big or bigger than any Final Fantasy, and the next issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly will be the first place you can see it.
Knights of the Old Republic 2 will be revealed in the June issue of EGM, as part of a split cover story with Computer Gaming World. Be sure to check out both issues -- hitting stands in late April -- for the full story on the latest production from Obsidian Entertainment and LucasArts.

1UP, of course, will also endeavor to deliver the goods in timely fashion. Look forward to it.

http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1551717,00.asp

mdooz
03-22-2004, 07:19 PM
Can't wait. KOTOR is my favorite xbox game.

StudioAlex
03-22-2004, 07:28 PM
I hope it turns out well without blizzard at the helm.

The Executioner
03-22-2004, 07:38 PM
if they mess it up I am gonna be VERY PISSED then again I really don't expect much from the new sequel zthe first I just don't think can be beat.

TheCovenant
03-22-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by StudioAlex
I hope it turns out well without blizzard at the helm.

eh...i dont know why anyone didn't see this, but blizzard had nothingto do with KOTOR.

in fact, Blizzard has nothing to do with anything star wars...

it was bioware, developer and publisher, who brought us KOTOR, and they are supervising the development for KOTOR 2.

As far as i know, or have seen, when a game is supervised by a company, it comes out to the likings of that company...

(metroid prime is a...well...prime example.)

StudioAlex
03-23-2004, 12:17 PM
My fault. Bioware, blizzard, two awesome developers whose names begin with b's.

I hope KotOR 2 will be good without Bioware at the helm.

Happy?

l Maximus l
03-23-2004, 01:01 PM
Is this expected to be better than the first? If so, this could be a candidate for game of the year...

Things are getting interesting for 2004...

OC Noob
03-23-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Maximus SYN
Is this expected to be better than the first? If so, this could be a candidate for game of the year...

Things are getting interesting for 2004...

Man, I hope its out in 2004. IMO, KotOR was game of the year last year. If they can just equal the original I'll be a happy man.

selowitch
03-23-2004, 09:01 PM
I wonder why Bioware isn't developing the sequel? That makes me nervous.

Variation-XBA
03-24-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by selowitch
I wonder why Bioware isn't developing the sequel? That makes me nervous.

Long as EA doesnt get their hands on it...

BinaryXtreme
03-24-2004, 02:11 AM
Wow, sounds great. Hope it lives up to the first.

Arrakis44
03-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Yeah i heard about this last week - i really hope it lives up to the first, and like Variation says " as long as EA dosnt get it" !!!!

Ninja
03-27-2004, 07:02 PM
What I want to know is are they going to print the same preview letter for letter in both EGM & CGW? I get CGW for free up to the Sep issue.

Or will the CGW be based on the pc version, with the EGM based on the XBox version?

GuiltySpark
03-28-2004, 06:56 PM
Sweet, I have subscriptions to both magazines! I can't wait. KOTOR is my fav. xbox game by far.

I think that, to get the full preview of KOTOR 2, you need to read both magazines. That is probably what they mean.