PDA

View Full Version : Which game is more serious? Madden or NFL Fever?

tntxbox
01-10-2002, 10:20 PM
Tell me xbox gamers whats up with all the debating going on with Fever and Madden, tell me what you think is a more serious game and why it is more serious then the other one. Support your answer and convince me that your opinion is the one I should believe.:cool:

robnyack
01-11-2002, 07:51 AM
as an avid football gamer, and one who has in a lifelong quest for the perfect football game, I can honestly say you cannot go wrong with either game.

Fever gets the nod for better graphics, Madden gets the nod for deeper gameplay (has cooler things...2 minute drill, madden cards, etc).

But, both have very good franchise modes, both add the Texans and restructure the conferences in the 2002 season, both have very good passing modes and very good running modes.

I have played much more madden than fever, simply because I am in an online madden pc league, and if i play too much Fever, it will screw me up when i go back to play my online madden games.

I'm not sure if Fever has the slider controls for various parts of the game, like Madden, but, I really do like that in Madden. It let's you fine tune the game play. I like playing pro, but, it's too easy for me to play pro with default slider settings, so I tinker with this one and tinker with that one until I got a very competitive game.....unlike the pc version of madden the sliders actually do affect the game!!

Both are very good games. Both could be better, and hopefully will be with the next releases. Competition for Madden is a good thing for us.

Chaotic
01-11-2002, 02:46 PM
Get NFL2k2 if you want a realistic football game.

chadlupa
01-14-2002, 11:09 PM
Hands down...MADDEN is the best football game I've ever played! Its the thinking man's football game.

VideoGameSage
01-15-2002, 02:14 PM
Madden is better than Fever because of the following reasons:

1. Madden has a more realistic gameplay
2. Madden has a better franchise mode
3. The Madden Challenge is fun for one or more players
4. Madden has a smarter AI

JJaX
01-25-2002, 11:48 AM
THANK GOD SOME MADDEN FANS!!!!!!

Nothing is more frustrating then hearing someone say fever is better then madden. Fever is like the terd caught in my ass hair. Fever sucks. My reasons here.

If you like fever over madden then you dont know s4it about football. Fever is the weakest football game ive played ever.(including NFL Blitz)

- Theres like 2 tackle animations (if that)

- When you hit someone its a weak little sound.

- The ball floats like a frizbee.

- Good ol fashion 'i spin and your tackle bounces off of me'

- Anouncers say things like "phat" and "Now the offense is gonna run the ball or throw the ball, and the defense knows this" (NO S4iT!)

- You cant challenge (although in madden you can only challenge the spot of the ball)

- The announcers try to tell you how to play football like your some retart.( Well you are one if your enjoying yourself while playing) "All they gotta do here is get the 1st down"

- Breaking tackles arent animated, there just guys diving in the air then magically they just fall to the ground and the runner doesnt even break stride

- Stupid ass music in the backround when picking plays.(I know you can turn it off but most people dont bother)

- Announcers suck, sounds like a forutune telling machine from coney island back in the 60's

- Defense sucks, Because the tackling feels weak.

The list goes on and on............Fever is a waste of time.

If your a real football fan or player get madden. When i say "real" i mean you get into the games, you understand the benefits and flaws of formations. You like to call audibles after sizing up the D, you call hot routes if you see a rookie secondary covering your fastest WR. You make cuts with your running back as your line gets a push. You make a reciever pay for catching a pass across the middle. Ware down a defense and run at them with you HB and FB. Its gameplay actually plays like real footaball. The passing game is dead on (route passing, Bullets, lobs). The running game is solid as hell. On Defense it feels good to hit someone. Once again if your a REAL football fan, get madden. You wont be disappointed.

Xboxfan123
01-28-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
THANK GOD SOME MADDEN FANS!!!!!!

Nothing is more frustrating then hearing someone say fever is better then madden. Fever is like the terd caught in my ass hair. Fever sucks. My reasons here.

If you like fever over madden then you dont know s4it about football. Fever is the weakest football game ive played ever.(including NFL Blitz)

- Theres like 2 tackle animations (if that)

- When you hit someone its a weak little sound.

- The ball floats like a frizbee.

- Good ol fashion 'i spin and your tackle bounces off of me'

- Anouncers say things like "phat" and "Now the offense is gonna run the ball or throw the ball, and the defense knows this" (NO S4iT!)

- You cant challenge (although in madden you can only challenge the spot of the ball)

- The announcers try to tell you how to play football like your some retart.( Well you are one if your enjoying yourself while playing) "All they gotta do here is get the 1st down"

- Breaking tackles arent animated, there just guys diving in the air then magically they just fall to the ground and the runner doesnt even break stride

- Stupid ass music in the backround when picking plays.(I know you can turn it off but most people dont bother)

- Announcers suck, sounds like a forutune telling machine from coney island back in the 60's

- Defense sucks, Because the tackling feels weak.

The list goes on and on............Fever is a waste of time.

If your a real football fan or player get madden. When i say "real" i mean you get into the games, you understand the benefits and flaws of formations. You like to call audibles after sizing up the D, you call hot routes if you see a rookie secondary covering your fastest WR. You make cuts with your running back as your line gets a push. You make a reciever pay for catching a pass across the middle. Ware down a defense and run at them with you HB and FB. Its gameplay actually plays like real footaball. The passing game is dead on (route passing, Bullets, lobs). The running game is solid as hell. On Defense it feels good to hit someone. Once again if your a REAL football fan, get madden. You wont be disappointed.

Madden is a port. Why buy an Xbox and play a game that is a carbon copy of the PS2 version? That's like buying a Ferrari and putting a 95 horsepower engine in it. Until EA sPORTS puts just a little bit of effort into their games, I'm happy to buy the competition.:D

JJaX
01-29-2002, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Xboxfan123

Madden is a port. Why buy an Xbox and play a game that is a carbon copy of the PS2 version? That's like buying a Ferrari and putting a 95 horsepower engine in it. Until EA sPORTS puts just a little bit of effort into their games, I'm happy to buy the competition.:D

What if you never had a PS2 version of the game????

robnyack
01-30-2002, 08:10 PM
what a ridiculous review of Fever.

To suggest Madden or Fever is a substantially superior game togae other is just foolishness. BOTH games are excellent. You cannt go wrong with either one.....that's why I have BOTH!

XxeGoxX
02-05-2002, 06:58 AM
Madden .... i have both and Fever isent as good.It has a good pratice mode but.Fever has a better one + additional Madden cards,and 2 minute drill.and its season is AWESOME

shererboat
02-08-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by Xboxfan123

Madden may be available for other systems besides the xbox, but it doesnt change the fact that it IS the most realistic football game out!!......anyways, im not goin out tonight to buy fusion frenzy, just b/c its ONLY ON XBOX!!!!

JJaX
02-08-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by robnyack
what a ridiculous review of Fever.

To suggest Madden or Fever is a substantially superior game togae other is just foolishness. BOTH games are excellent. You cannt go wrong with either one.....that's why I have BOTH!

You have both because when people like me come over and see you got fever we gonna fuk you up.

but then you would pull out madden and say "Dems was jokes, Dems was jokes"

Then we would be straight.

Or you bought both because your a retart and swirled your head when mommy asked "Do you want NFL FEVER too"

shererboat
02-08-2002, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

You have both because when people like me come over and see you got fever we gonna fuk you up.

but then you would pull out madden and say "Dems was jokes, Dems was jokes"

Then we would be straight.

Or you bought both because your a retart and swirled your head when mommy asked "Do you want NFL FEVER too"

dems IS jokes!!!!.....but i dont think mommy would buy fever,more like he jacked it from his little sister!!:confused:

JJaX
02-08-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by shererboat

but i dont think mommy would buy fever,more like he jacked it from his little sister!!:confused:

Or maybe his babysitter brought it over.