PDA

View Full Version : The Battlefield series.....

AntiSOBMachine
03-24-2004, 11:19 PM
Will 1942 EVER come out on the xbox?
Not to mention BF:vietnam that game is sweet. Does anybody know?:huh:

VenoM
03-24-2004, 11:47 PM
EA ....what do you think :eek:

Yankeez
03-24-2004, 11:58 PM
well there are rumors that EA could possibly make BF:1942 for xbox and it would be ea's first xbox live game, this would be pretty coo, but i honestly doubt it would happen

Koopa
03-25-2004, 12:19 AM
bfv rocks my socks off...

nothing better than playing "want somebody to love" while halting the spread of communist aggression...

or playing Flight of the Valkyries while riding into battle on a motorscooter;)

cheedoh
03-25-2004, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Koopa
bfv rocks my socks off...

nothing better than playing "want somebody to love" while halting the spread of communist aggression...

or playing Flight of the Valkyries while riding into battle on a motorscooter;)

Haha. Bfv is awesome. You gotta love it when a tank pulls up next to you blasting "war" in your eye. :o The soundtrack is good too.

Hard Boiled Cop
03-25-2004, 10:42 AM
I have never played Battlefield 1942 because of my crappy computer so I really want to play it for the xbox. It looks so much like MOH: Allied Assault.

RockStar
03-25-2004, 12:28 PM
I love the BattleField series but I highly doubt that they will ever come out for xbox.

OC Noob
03-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Hard Boiled Cop
I have never played Battlefield 1942 because of my crappy computer so I really want to play it for the xbox. It looks so much like MOH: Allied Assault.

Its like an up-to-date version of Counterstrike with a WWII theme. If that makes sense.

Its the best MP game IMO, but has a few drawl backs like the stupid ass fog of war. They really screw up drawl distance to balance the game and it should be done another way.

Anyone know if that fog is used in BF:V? Heck, its been a while since I played BF:1942. They haven't removed it haved they?

JJaX
03-25-2004, 01:57 PM
BFV is out? :huh:

Where the hell have i been?

WynnFire
03-26-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally Battlefield 1942 was coming out for xbox but it didn't have online multiplayer. EA eventually axed it. If I remember correctly, they said it was 90% done.

BananaMan
03-26-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by OC Noob

Its like an up-to-date version of Counterstrike with a WWII theme. If that makes sense.

Its the best MP game IMO, but has a few drawl backs like the stupid ass fog of war. They really screw up drawl distance to balance the game and it should be done another way.

Anyone know if that fog is used in BF:V? Heck, its been a while since I played BF:1942. They haven't removed it haved they?

there was never fog in 1942 if you have a decent computer you can turn it off, it's just good to have it if you have a shizzy computer... yeah a lil fog is used in BF:V on some maps to give it a jungle feel....BF1942 should come to xbox or a bf game, like the CoD one that's comin.....

Variation-XBA
03-26-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
BFV is out? :huh:

Where the hell have i been?

On Pandora? :)

Id get BF for Xbox strictly for the voice chat :)

Dgenx321
03-26-2004, 11:56 PM
From what I've heard, if there is ever a Battlefield game on any of the consoles it would be a comletely new game.

If it ever does happen I'll be on of the first ones out there to buy it. But I don't see how the PS2 could ever support a game of that nature.

OC Noob
03-27-2004, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by BananaMan

there was never fog in 1942 if you have a decent computer you can turn it off, it's just good to have it if you have a shizzy computer... yeah a lil fog is used in BF:V on some maps to give it a jungle feel....BF1942 should come to xbox or a bf game, like the CoD one that's comin.....

My computer is alright.

P4C 2.4 @ 3.56 ghz on an Abit IC7-g w/ Corsair PC3500 BH-5
Radeon 9800 np @ 405 core 680 mem
76 gig WD Raptor
and all the other junk

I love overclocking PCs more then playing games:D

I don't mean fog like real fog. I mean the haze they use to shorten the clip plane so you can't see too far in the distance. Like when you fly planes and can only see so far or when you can't see people in the distance with the sniper rifle because it is grey and hazy in the distance.

There used to be a hack to get rid of it and you could snipe from far away. Like from a ship in the harbor of the D-Day map (can't remeber the name now). Or when fighting in a plane you can see other planes from greater distances, so you can line someone up in your sights before they can even see you. Or you can see much futher with the artillery sights.

Its an old hack that was fixed a long time ago, but if you search google there are probably still hits for it. I never used it because I never played it seriously and don't like hacks anyways, but I sure do hate that fog.

WWII online got 1 thing right by making the clip plane equivlent to 2 rl miles.