PDA

View Full Version : XNA some thoughts..

odpr
03-25-2004, 10:19 AM
it's pritty clear where microsoft is heading with this thing, to unify all the console with the computer, this is exectly what gamers that bought the xbox HATE.
I think that micorosft understand that thier game is end in the play staiton three world.

so they decided to unify every thing.
boy oh boy how much they don't understand..

Chaotic
03-25-2004, 10:24 AM
:huh:

XNA is a new software code/tools similar to direct X but far exceeding Direct X's capabilities. I'm not sure where your going with this but all games use some type of coding that pc's use. Using this new XNA will allow developers to develop games rather easily and allow them to use new techniques. Not like developing for the PS/2 and Gamecube.

XNA IMO looks badass and i think it will eventually give the edge to games and systems that utilize it's capabilities. Although Direct X will still be the baseline of coding these tools that XNA will bring into the picture will make gaming like we've never seen before.

odpr
03-25-2004, 02:20 PM
if u look cearfully on what microsoft is talking, you can see in the article that they are building this thing to allow , for example, to coonect xbox joystick to pc, you can figure quite easly that they are going to attack sony from obehind, why ?

because they know for example that there is a lot of games which are exculisve to play station, but not for pc, means they will come to play station and pc only, in this way they can tell thier gamers, here u have it, u can stuck the pc version into your console.

Professor Kaos
03-25-2004, 04:04 PM
And this pisses you of why....I dont understand.

Crazy Joe
03-25-2004, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by odpr
if u look cearfully on what microsoft is talking, you can see in the article that they are building this thing to allow , for example, to coonect xbox joystick to pc, you can figure quite easly that they are going to attack sony from obehind, why ?

because they know for example that there is a lot of games which are exculisve to play station, but not for pc, means they will come to play station and pc only, in this way they can tell thier gamers, here u have it, u can stuck the pc version into your console.

so you think future Xbox systems will play PC games, unlikely, it would make it to easy to hack the console.

lotec16
03-25-2004, 07:37 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/xna/multimedia.aspx

videos = badass!

m4oH
03-26-2004, 06:38 PM
Ive seen those vids before, they are badass!!