PDA

View Full Version : Citizen Zero???

thrAsher
03-26-2004, 12:21 PM
March 25, 2004 - We can't officially refer to a marvelous technology demonstration by the BigWorld division of MicroForte as Citizen Zero, the PC/Xbox title that's been rumored to be on the way from MicroForte for years now, because there's no publisher just yet for the alleged game. However, the action we saw in the demo we'll call Not Citizen Zero was impressive enough to grab our attention and it should do the same for other Xbox fans out there.

Not Citizen Zero is played from an over the shoulder perspective where the main character takes up roughly 25 percent of the screenspace on the left side. It borrows a ton of conventions from the almighty Halo, including two weapons per character, two grenade types and separate shield and health meters; which make the whole thing feel like an online massive multiplayer version of Brute Force. It's class-based so you'll see a variety of weapons like a .44 magnum pistol, scorpion energy weapon, sniper rifles and rocket launchers designated for different types of characters. The biggest departure from the Halo/Brute Force convention is the selection of "powers" different classes will have available to them. There are also specialized weapons that mimic some of the super powers different characters.

The rest is over at IGN (http://xbox.ign.com/articles/501/501985p1.html).

Sounds pretty nice. Like a blend of Halo and RTCW, but in an offset 3rd person. AND it's massively multiplayer.

Slowride
03-26-2004, 12:42 PM
what is massively multiplayer on xbl? I know on the pc massively multiplayer can have hundreds or thousands on a single server.

Slowride
03-26-2004, 09:54 PM
I'm actually pretty interested in the answer to my question.