PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Audience...

Chr0nik
01-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Just wondering what everyone thinks of the latest decision for THQ to succomb to pressure by threat of a lawsuit causing them to x out blood in the upcoming raw is war title.

Now with medal of honour following suit, is this the trend we can expect for upcoming games?

I thought that Xbox was supposed to be marketed for an

"older crowd".

What's next, can we expect GTA 3 to cut out blood and maybe replace the theme of jacking peoples cars to maybe giving people a ride around town just because "people" find the theme to violent.

To hell with them all, if you dont like it, dont let your children buy games, just sit their ass down and let them watch barney.

I rather have my kid play grand theft auto, then having him actually commit grand theft auto.

X-Fox220
01-11-2002, 11:23 AM
Yeah...if the no-blood thing keeps going GTA 3 will be nothing more that crazy taxi...:mad:

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 11:29 AM
Well, Chronik...According to the F'n Show, who created a post about WWF Raw having no blood, he was completely joking. So, apparently WWF War is going to be the normal blood bath as expected.

As for Medal of Honor: Allied Assault...I didn't know they were holding a lawsuit. If so, who with?

Personally, I don't think game programmers should have any limitations on what they can do, especially when making games for the XBox, which is equiped with a Parental control option. It's not as if the average gamer would use it..but, it's there, and one could use it if they needed to. I mean, my car says it will go 135mph...it's not that I would do it...but, I could :D

Personally, if there is anyone out there that have qualms about it...it's the liberal minded. They are a bunch of idiotic people out there that think they know what's best for us...lol...the last thing I would do is blow someone's head off after playing a game of GTA3...lol...the thought is almost histerical because it's not like I apply a video game to my every day life....lol...as the liberal idiots would have us believe.

And, I also agree with you that is why we have ratings...just like the movies. I work part-time at an electronics store...and we are actually required to card people when they buy video games if they have a mature rating. But, if parents buy them for their kids...that is the only way kids will ever get to play them and their parents will know about it.

I just can't stand it when the idiotic liberal polititions come into my home and tell me that they know best when it comes to my personal entertainment. lol....:rolleyes:

Chr0nik
01-11-2002, 11:40 AM
The F'n Show has pulled the wool over my eyes.

This is great news, I was considering not purchasing RAW for the fact that it has been delayed for improvements, yet they were going to pull blood from the title.

A sigh of relief has been taken. :o

As for medal of honour, I do not know if they have a law suit pending, but the fact that blood has not been included in this title suggests that they may be flinching from outside pressure.

WAR without blood is like pizza without cheese, it is just wrong.

X-Fox220
01-11-2002, 11:42 AM
Just wondering guys...but I dont think this was a joke...if it was then why was it on IOWrestling.com... and also I have seen the same posts at other boards with X-Box forums...maybe I am missing something but I dont think this was a joke...

Chr0nik
01-11-2002, 11:44 AM
It is a pretty shiity joke to say the least

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by X-Fox220
Just wondering guys...but I dont think this was a joke...if it was then why was it on IOWrestling.com... and also I have seen the same posts at other boards with X-Box forums...maybe I am missing something but I dont think this was a joke...

X-Fox....dude, WWF Raw is going to be a blood bath.

X-Fox220
01-11-2002, 11:50 AM
*thanks maximus and realizes he can now go to sleep without evil nightmares of the PTC draining all his blood...;) *

robnyack
01-11-2002, 12:10 PM
games like Medal of Honor, you cannot blame xbox for. These games are multi-platform games designed for pc, ps2, gc, xbox, etc.

However, games designed specifically for xbox, i do have a problem with them toning down the violence. One of the great things about xbox they told us was that you can do the parental setting thing with the xbox so that would free game makers up to make games as intense as they wanted to.

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by robnyack
games like Medal of Honor, you cannot blame xbox for. These games are multi-platform games designed for pc, ps2, gc, xbox, etc.

However, games designed specifically for xbox, i do have a problem with them toning down the violence. One of the great things about xbox they told us was that you can do the parental setting thing with the xbox so that would free game makers up to make games as intense as they wanted to.

Exactly! That's what makes the XBox's parental control function so exceptional! No limitations...I say: let the games begin!!! :D