PDA

View Full Version : Who keeps moving all the posts

Chr0nik
01-11-2002, 11:43 AM
It is rather annoying, I put up a post inquiring about the quality of NHL 2002 for xbox and it was moved to a forum with not too much activity.

This is not the first time, it is getting very aggravating.

This is a general discussion forum is it not??

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 11:48 AM
lol...dude, I'm not a moderator....I just am a huge fan of this site :D

X-Fox220
01-11-2002, 11:51 AM
crap I thought I deleted my post before anyone saw it...I released you werent one right after I posted it...:D

robnyack
01-11-2002, 12:07 PM
I have to agree with the thread parent. Why do they have to move posts? Just because they set up these artificial bounderies that no one pays attention to and no one will pay attention to.

I like the general discussion forum. It covers everything. I don't like to have to check every forum to see if there is something i want to discuss.

VAN
01-11-2002, 02:21 PM
Who's moving posts? I am.

Why are they being moved? Becasue they are not being posted in the correct forum. Don't be so quick to lump everything into "General Discussion". GD has over 25,000 posts, more than half of which do not belong there. The reason the other forums appear innactive, is because people are too lazy to post their thread in the proper place.

Think about it.

Let's say you come to the boards and want to read members' posts regarding NFL 2K2. Would you rather sift through 25,000 posts in General DIscussion for sports related threads, or simply head to the Sports Games forum where they should all be located?

It's a no brainer.

I will be speaking with Stephen and offering some suggestions to even further streamline the forums. You should be able to log in....find what you wanna read...and log out.

I must have moved 200 threads so far. I found topics relating to Halo in General Discussion, Action Games, 3D Shooters, and even one in Sports Games.

If you would just take an extra second to consider where your thread belongs BEFORE you post it, you'd not only make the lives of the forum mods easier, but also the lives of all of the forum members who must continually sort through the extremely bloated "general discussion" forum.

:)

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Van...I completely understand. But, I do have one question. You said that you want to help make it easier find information and then simply log in, find it, then log out. But, the thing is...I never log out! I'm always on this site! :eek:

Ninja Scroll
01-11-2002, 02:25 PM
it kinda ticks me off sometimes, but I think the biggest reason the moderators are moving the threads is so people/members will help the other forums (fighting, sports, RPG's, Action, ect.) grow with more activity.
Just look at the "games" forums, they are all but dead. So I can understand.
That is if it is one of the reasons.
Plus alot of threads in the Xbox Discussion board have nothing to do with Xbox period.
Like I seen one guy make a thread about "girls"! What's chicks got to do with the Xbox?:confused:

VAN
01-11-2002, 02:31 PM
Imagine a bulletin board used to discuss another area of popular culture.....movies.

Would it make more sense to have one HUGE forum discussing everything from film noir, to modern homor, to foreign animations--or would it make more sense to have the forums broken up into various "sections" so that new members (as well as old) could easily locate the information they wish to discuss.

Seems pretty cut and dry to me.

Show me a multi-topic bulletin board with only one forum, and I'll show you an unsuccessful webmaster, and lots of angry members. :)

Ninja Scroll
01-11-2002, 02:36 PM
WHAT!?

VAN
01-11-2002, 02:38 PM
Now I'll reply to the thread starter himself.....

Originally posted by Chronik
It is rather annoying, I put up a post inquiring about the quality of NHL 2002 for xbox and it was moved to a forum with not too much activity.

This is not the first time, it is getting very aggravating.

This is a general discussion forum is it not??

You are correct....this is "General Discussion", and while your thread regarding NHL 2K2 may very well fit in here, it is most obviously a sports game, and thus belongs in the Sports Games forum.

I have already spoken to Stephen regarding some of the "less than descriptive" categories here, so hopefully we can get that fixed soon.

You say you are upset that your thread was moved to a forum w/o much activity. Well the only reason it is not as active as "General Discussion" is because people here don't take the extra time to post in the appropriate forum. Do yourself a favor and start checking all forums that interest you.

I guarantee that you will find it easier to locate threads of interest in one or two pages, than to flip through a dozen pages of General topics.

We're doing this for the benefit of the members here, honest! :)

Just give us some time to get the threads sorted and placed into their proper home., and in the meantime--start posting the the correct forums!! :D

Thanks.

X-Fox220
01-11-2002, 02:39 PM
He is just saying forums like the ones here are more organized than if we would have one big forum.

VAN
01-11-2002, 02:53 PM
Oh, by the way.....

This thread really belongs in "Off Topic Lounge", but just to show you that I'm a nice guy, I'll let this one stay here a bit longer. :D

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 03:01 PM
I'm curious...what is the main difference between these two pictures?

http://www.whoisvan.com/vanimation.gif

versus:

:eek:

DT21
01-11-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I'm curious...what is the main difference between these two pictures?

http://www.whoisvan.com/vanimation.gif

versus:

:eek:
LOL.

StudioAlex
01-11-2002, 03:16 PM
Just one question: What are we supposed to post in a general forum about the xbox? Any comment or question about any game could be posted in its respective sub group. ANy questions about peripherals and modding could be posted in a hardware forum. Is gen discussion only for posts like "I hate how my Xbox is green!"?

Sniper2
01-11-2002, 04:07 PM
i agree, it is GENERAL discussion so anything in the world that has to do with an xbox should be good here. It's easier to watch one forum then going through sports, and all those other subcategories.

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 04:41 PM
VAN will actually do an excellent job as a Moderator. He operates a site called the BSboard which can be located at www.bsboard.com . He's a celebrity over there, too! lol

And, that board is handled very well. So, it is my prediction that these forums will be a lot better after a lot of blood, sweat, and tears that VAN and the rest of our amazing Moderators have to shed to straighten up these boards. So far, so good...I think the idea is excellent :)

robnyack
01-11-2002, 04:59 PM
VAN will actually do an excellent job as a Moderator.

he is off to a pretty rough start. moving posts all over the place totry and enforce artificial boundaries that no one pays attention to and no one will pay attention to.

GENERAL discussion. What does that mean? Why not delete this discussion topic if you have 32 other discussion topics?

makes no sense to me

Ninja Scroll
01-11-2002, 07:42 PM
WOW, first week on da job and VAN is a marked man already!
max, you make good points about this all working out in the long run, but I gotta side with my fellow members on this one now that I have read this whole thread.
I mean, General Discussion is General Discussion. That's why that forum is so flooded now!
I can understand moving things that are totally un-Xbox related, but to move something like (exsample) "a question about Halo" to another thread is very picking and un-called for.

VAN, I think you are going a little too far thus far. Your a cool dude and all, but I just dont agree with all the moves (no pun intended) you are in your beginning stages of an xboxaddict moderator.

I say to all the XBA's to just give VAN his pink slip goodbye!... naw, just kidding :D

But for real doe, your going to do whatever you want and do what the other mods want you to do, all im saying is lesson to the people that make this forum go! THE MEMBERS.

JohnB
01-11-2002, 10:57 PM
I think you guys should respect what the moderators are doing. VAN is right on it. If people would just take the time to figure out what forum they are in before they start posting things guests will find it easy to find more info. There are many many websites out there that use vBulletin, and the members keep it organized because of the mods. off-topic.net is a good example. It should be kept clean and organized here, too.

X-Fox220
01-11-2002, 11:23 PM
Guys it shouldnt really be this hard...at tall other boards I have posted at this is common place...if its a sports game topic it goes in the sports board etc...somethings go in the general discussion and somethings dont...if every now and then if you would put your topic in the apporiate forum then everything will weed-out eventually...true the general discussion board should be flooded but not nearly this flooded...

StudioAlex
01-11-2002, 11:24 PM
All videogamers are lazy. That's why we play videogames...