PDA

View Full Version : Slippery Controller

Hugh_Jass
01-11-2002, 12:35 PM
I just got Project Gotham Racing last night. I LOVE the game but it was so intense that my palms started to sweat and I couldn't hold on to the controller. :o

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 12:55 PM
I know what you mean, Hugh...try doing this: (This is what I do to help)...I actually use my middle finger instead of my index finger to hold down the right trigger since it is always being utilized (the right trigger is used often, in other words). I find that the grip while enduring long use is much more efficient. Give it a shot...you might even prefer it. :cool:

xBoXGaMeR2002
01-11-2002, 01:31 PM
You Must be ONE hardcore gamer. :eek:

idloveaguinness
01-11-2002, 01:40 PM
You are better off using your middle finger for trigger pulls anyway - it has faster reflexes than your index.

If there are any paintball players here, they can attest to this.

Try an imaginary trigger pull contest with your index finger. Watch and feel as you try to "pull" it 10 times really fast. Then try it with your middle finger - bet you'll see the difference.

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by idloveaguinness
You are better off using your middle finger for trigger pulls anyway - it has faster reflexes than your index.

If there are any paintball players here, they can contest to this.

Try an imaginary trigger pull contest with your index finger. Watch and feel as you try to "pull" it 10 times really fast. Then try it with your middle finger - bet you'll see the difference.

Nice! And, a very good point. In addition, my middle finger is much stronger anyway...and, generally speaking, I use my middle finger most often :D

Hugh_Jass
01-11-2002, 07:38 PM
Thanks! The middle finger trick works well.
PGR has entered my personal top 3:
1) Azurik
2) Munch
3) PGR

Plewis
01-11-2002, 09:09 PM
where's halo on that hugh? Come on! You gotta love the H-A-L-L-O (Jell-o theme song)

K Dawg
01-11-2002, 09:39 PM
yo i just played mav payne tonite and bullet time is AWESOME

Hugh_Jass
01-12-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Plewis
where's halo on that hugh? Come on! You gotta love the H-A-L-L-O (Jell-o theme song)

HALO doesn't do much for me. I will try it again some time to see if I change my mind.

Msterrrr
01-13-2002, 10:33 AM
in PGR start shifting asap to start turning faster laps.... take advantage of the engine break
it one of the few games that shifting actually helps

blindrocket
01-13-2002, 10:47 AM
Wait 'til you make it to the hard tracks/races, you may not like it as much! :D
What was one of my favorite games when I first got it, is now a headache! lol, I still like it though, but **** it's hard!

Hugh_Jass
01-14-2002, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Msterrrr
in PGR start shifting asap to start turning faster laps.... take advantage of the engine break
it one of the few games that shifting actually helps

Are you saying that the game is not able to be won using an Automatic transmission in the later levels? I don't use manual. I never learned how to drive with a manual transmission in real life and that is echoed in my gaming as well.

I wish more cities were included.

l Maximus l
01-14-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass

HALO doesn't do much for me. I will try it again some time to see if I change my mind.

Hugh...try getting a few buddies over at your house and link a couple XBoxes together while playing Multi-player. It's absolutely amazing and addictive! Last weekend, I had three buddies come over and we linked two XBoxes together and on each TV, we had the screen split in two. We started at 11:00am and didn't finish until 5:00pm...we went non-stop and it only felt like we were playing for an hour! lol....man, time flies when you are having fun! Halo is HUGE for replay value...it's, definately, my favorite game.

I would say that Halo, Azurik, and Amped are my favorite games thus far...I have yet to bust out Oddworld and Bloodwake...both are from MS (hint hint - wink wink - nudge nudge :D)