PDA

View Full Version : Japs get a dev-kit style Xbox

mattcoxonline
01-11-2002, 12:55 PM
here's the story, straight from xbox 360:

January 11, 2002

Japanese get Limited Edition Xbox
by mattcoxonline

Microsoft has revealed full plans for the Japanese launch of Xbox. Click through for details on the limited edition translucent Xbox.

Xbox will go on sale in Japan on Feb. 22 at a price of 34,800 yen backed up by 12 launch games from the likes of Sega, Konami, Capcom, Tecmo and Microsoft. At a conference in Tokyo, Hirohisa Ohura, managing director and head of the Xbox Division at Microsoft Japan, also revealed the first details on a special limited-edition console designed exclusively for the Japanese market.

The full launch line-up is as follows:

JSRF — Jet Set Radio Future

Genma Onimusha

Silent Hill 2: Saigo no Uta

Double-S.T.E.A.L.

Air Force Delta II

Hyper Sports 2002 Winter

ESPN Winter X Games Snowboarding 2002

Nobunaga’s Ambition: Chronicles of Chaos

Nezmix

Tenku: Freestyle Snowboarding

Project Gotham Racing™: World Street Racer

Dead or Alive 3

Following the launch on Feb. 22 Microsoft expects that a further 22 titles will be in Japanese stores by the end of March. Japanese Xbox games will be priced between 6,800 yen and 9,800 yen. "Microsoft’s commitment to the global success of Xbox is evident in the support that the best Japanese game development companies have given Xbox in a short time," Ohura said. "We are working with these companies to create unprecedented games that can only be achieved on Xbox."

50,000 Xbox Special Edition consoles will also be available to commemorate the launch in Japan. Unfortunately there are no plans to release a limited edition in the UK. The special console will be greenish-black with a translucent textured casing and the jewel will have a silver logo with black lettering.

As well as the standard AV adapter and the HDTV- and Dolby Digital 5.1-compatible expansion AV pack, a silver-plated key chain will be included in the package featuring an engraved serial number and signature from Bill Gates. The Xbox Special Edition will be available 39,800 yen.

Pre-orders of the special edition and standard console begin on Feb 2. As soon as a picture of the special edition is released, we'll let you know, but it will look similar to the XBox Debug Kit:

http://xboxmedia.ign.com/media/news/image/debug/debug_12.jpg

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 12:59 PM
That's pretty cool how they designed a different looking XBox. I'm really curious to what it looks like. But, one thing is for sure, I don't think I will need to have the signature of Billy Gates on mine...lol

Ninja Scroll
01-11-2002, 02:00 PM
it's nice looking,.. if I had some kids so I could put it in their bedroom! :D I still prefer my beautuiful black baby chillin at my crib right about now!:cool:

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 02:04 PM
Do any chicks come with it? :D

Ninja Scroll
01-11-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Do any chicks come with it? :D

maximus's girl comes with the limited edition Xbox's, but hurry guys. She's a one minute chick if ya know what I mean!:D

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

maximus's girl comes with the limited edition Xbox's, but hurry guys. She's a one minute chick if ya know what I mean!:D

Dude...normally that would be funny...but, one thing is for sure, my wife is not a prostitute. A man's gotta draw a line somewhere. So, if you would, let's keep it clean towards to the wife.

But, don't worry, man...I know it was for good intentions and was directed towards me rather than her...but, like I said, it's all good because you know you want to be like the Master...that is, your Master...Maximus style :D

Now...get me that beer, son. :p

mattcoxonline
01-11-2002, 02:15 PM

I read this and I thought - lol, thats not really the right thing to say, max will be ****ed off and so would I if I were max......

I think you should mail him a beer for forgiveness or forgivness (spelling!)....

Ninja Scroll
01-11-2002, 02:16 PM
Ooooooooooh my bad little maxi! Didnt think you would take it personally since we are always going at it just for da laughs!
You know I mean no harm toward your shorty.
If anything your role model does not want to disrespect any mans wife. :confused:

Ninja Scroll
01-11-2002, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by mattcoxonline

I read this and I thought - lol, thats not really the right thing to say, max will be ****ed off and so would I if I were max......

I think you should mail him a beer for forgiveness or forgivness (spelling!)....

I think I should mail you a can of whoop ass just for opening your mouth junior!:D

mattcoxonline
01-11-2002, 02:24 PM
I think I should mail you a can of whoop ass just for opening your mouth junior!:D

:(

:) Okay, send it to:

Matt Cox
Urmston
Manchester
England
M41

And, seriously, it will probably get there......

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 02:27 PM
lol, Ninja.....the only thing I was a little angry about is that you called my wife a one minute lady...Dude...that's completely degrading her! She usually gives atleast a minute and a half! :D

Hehehe...jk....no hard feelings, of course! :cool:

Ninja Scroll
01-11-2002, 02:34 PM
Good, so does this mean your back im my "Ninja Jubei Offical Fan Club" again?:D

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Good, so does this mean your back im my "Ninja Jubei Offical Fan Club" again?:D

hehe...actually, it means that you are now my sidekick again...so, now get me another frosty beverage...preferably a Coors Light Longneck :D

wizkid918
01-11-2002, 02:48 PM
i would have like it more if it was a transparent black, barely transparent

JJaX
01-11-2002, 02:49 PM
Japs???

Comon now, Isnt that like a racial slur........

mattcoxonline
01-11-2002, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Japs???
Comon now, Isnt that like a racial slur........

Hmmm, possibly. Just depends how easily you're offended....
...but where I'm from it's okay.

Anyway. Something I thought was funny was George Bush called the people in Pakistan Pakis, on TV too....tee hee!

Gdiguy
01-11-2002, 03:26 PM
umm, i think that's the wrong picture... i've seen it on a few other sites, and it's not that greenish color, but completely black...

sinizuh
01-11-2002, 03:33 PM
that is correct. a picture of debug was posted... this is how the special xbox is gonna look like:

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20020111/mdf110934.jpg

mattcoxonline
01-11-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh
that is correct. a picture of debug was posted... this is how the special xbox is gonna look like:

Yeah, I found that pic after I posted the thread.
If you noticed I said that I <i>don't</i> have the proper picture and that it will look <b>similar</b> too the debug kit...

mattcoxonline
01-11-2002, 05:00 PM
Wow, I have some pictures

(going anti clockwise)
The first is a picture of the xbox box (white) that the console comes in and a layout of all the things you will recieve in the specal limited edition

The next one is just the console and controller:

And the thing that will make every jap man buy an Xbox....a signed Xbox keyring, ooo, Bill Gates' Signature:

http://www.gamesradar.com/upload_images/news/xboxjapan/1.jpg

l Maximus l
01-11-2002, 05:42 PM
I think I could do without the keyrings :D

Hugh_Jass
01-11-2002, 07:54 PM
I *WANT* the keychain!

X-Fox220
01-11-2002, 07:56 PM
what is the deal with the keychains?

manchufu
01-11-2002, 08:38 PM
I WANT THE COOL COLORED ONE!!!

skoot182
01-11-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by sinizuh

so the xbox is the one on the left, right???

OG-Love
01-12-2002, 08:08 AM
I prefer the XboX on the right because the one on the left is ugly as hell!! (if you know what I mean)