PDA

View Full Version : Is Xbox Music Mixer worth $20?

O.D.D
03-27-2004, 09:28 PM
I am thinking about picking it up now that it is at Circuit City and I am wondering is it really worth 20 bucks. Only thing I am really planning to do with it is move my Mp3 from my computer to my box and maybe some photos. Some questions I got also is do you have to have Xbox Live (mine is expired) to have it autoname your songs and do you have to have the DVD from the mixer in if you want to view photos you put on the box?

Thanks in advance
O.D.D

l Maximus l
03-27-2004, 09:50 PM
I have it and you can control everything from your controller. Works great for transferring MP3s and photos and stuff.

And, come on...you can admit it...just admit it....come on now...you know you want to karaoke ;)

BinaryXtreme
03-28-2004, 02:16 AM
I don't like it at all but I do think it's a good deal for someone without a pc. You can do the same thing with a pc with better quality.

LiquidX
03-28-2004, 11:37 AM
I think you should get it if you have an older Xbox. Mine wont even read CD-RW's so I bought it to transfer music. The newer ones read CD-R's and RW's so if you have a new one dont get it, unless you actually want to do karaoke. Word of caution though, transferring music and converting it for use in games takes a looooooong time. Im not sure about the autoname stuff but im pretty sure you can take the disc out of the drive after it loads to view photos or listen to music CD's.

SoundX
03-28-2004, 12:21 PM
Yeah I was thinking about getting it, but now I've got that new Crystal Xbox coming, not much point. No one wants to hear my breathtaking voice anyway. :D