PDA

View Full Version : Where could I sell individual Xbox parts?

SoundX
03-28-2004, 01:00 PM
Sup guys,

My old Xbox stopped reading games awhile back (damn thompson drive).
I ordered a Crystal Xbox yesterday, but it's gonna be awhile before I can pay back my Dad all the money I owe him. I was wondering if there's someplace I could sell all the parts, or the Xbox without the thompson drive or something. Everything apart from the drive works fine.

PapaSKooT
03-28-2004, 01:41 PM
Sup guys,

My old Xbox stopped reading games awhile back (damn thompson drive).
I ordered a Crystal Xbox yesterday, but it's gonna be awhile before I can pay back my Dad all the money I owe him. I was wondering if there's someplace I could sell all the parts, or the Xbox without the thompson drive or something. Everything apart from the drive works fine.

EB will give you $100 for the Xbox, a controller, power cord, and the standard red-yellow-white imput cords.

Yankeez
03-28-2004, 02:44 PM
www.ebay.com

l Maximus l
03-28-2004, 02:54 PM
EB will give you $100 for the Xbox, a controller, power cord, and the standard red-yellow-white imput cords.

Seriously? Damn....considering a new XBox will be $149.99 at the end of this month, that's pretty impressive... :wink:

BinaryXtreme
03-28-2004, 05:22 PM
ebay, but are you sure it's your drive? My cousin sent his in thinking it was his Thomson drive and it wasn't. His lens had moisture on it because it is damp where he has it located in his basement. Just a thought.

LiquidX
03-28-2004, 07:59 PM
ebay, but are you sure it's your drive? My cousin sent his in thinking it was his Thomson drive and it wasn't. His lens had moisture on it because it is damp where he has it located in his basement. Just a thought.

Yep, a lot of the time cleaning the eye fixes the problem. It worked for me. But since you already ordered the Xbox its too late for that. You cant really "part out" an xbox without the drive because MS has some code that matches the DVD drive to the HD and MOBO or some crap. Your best bet is EB or Ebay. Or sell it to a stupid friend.

SoundX
03-29-2004, 09:23 AM

I never thought of that, but I doubt it, it's in my room. And I don't think I got any dampness there.

lol, yeah, stupid friend, might get more than 100 from him. :wink: