PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft and Ninty Merging finally (XNA)?

blackiee2002
03-28-2004, 03:37 PM
Apparently
(X) box
(N) ext generation
(A) rchitecture

could also mean that Ninty might be on board
and thus
(X) box
(N) intendo
(A) agreement

a reality?

what do you think gang?

wit the power of XNA and Ninty's franchises, this could be heaven for gamers

LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN

Nameless
03-28-2004, 04:04 PM
O...k...What are you yapping about?

Yankeez
03-28-2004, 04:05 PM
who the hell is ninty, unless ur tryin to say nintendo in a hip way, and whats your source?

Nameless
03-28-2004, 04:10 PM
blackiee never has sources, he just goes off at the mouth. Yes, "Ninty" means Nintendo for all the hipsters.

blackiee2002
03-28-2004, 04:13 PM
who the hell is ninty, unless ur tryin to say nintendo in a hip way, and whats your source?

yes Ninty is infact Nintendo. that is what it is reffered to by most people if you didn't know, now ya know.

any way with regard to my source, well wait untill E3 2004 as this web sites states it is only 44 days left :D

blackiee2002
03-28-2004, 04:39 PM
blackiee never has sources, he just goes off at the mouth. Yes, "Ninty" means Nintendo for all the hipsters.

watch it bolser :rofl:

Uchiha Sasuke
03-28-2004, 04:59 PM
Ah no way those two company's would merge or join forces. It would be more likely of Sony and Nintendo to join up.

blackiee2002
03-28-2004, 05:31 PM
Ah no way those two company's would merge or join forces. It would be more likely of Sony and Nintendo to join up.

of what i know, which is exactly opposite of what your saying, Ninty and Microsoft share a common goal, which is to take away market share away from sony. they are both also based in REDMOND WA.

There is rumor they go to each others HQ's to play games. and last E3 don't forget that smiles they gave each other and stuff.

please if anyhing at all, IMO they are sleeping together E3 2004 we would know about it

blackiee2002
03-28-2004, 05:35 PM
and oh this for NAMELESS
since you do not believe me and you want a link so bad, here it is nice sweet and juicy
LINKY (http://www.xblgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=80489#postid=80489)

The Executioner
03-28-2004, 05:39 PM
This post is spamillicious.

seriously though man two things first link? Second STOP DOUBLE POSTING and third Microsoft has lot's more monny than Nintendo (correct use of name) more likely if this happen it would be MS buying them out, not merging.

GuiltySpark
03-28-2004, 06:17 PM
wow! it can also mean "XBox Never Again!" Yes that's right this whole Xbox Next thing is big joke.... yes....

yeah, well mine is just about as probable as his....

blackiee2002
03-28-2004, 06:33 PM
lol alright lets see what the rest of you guys feel the words XNA
X
N
A

should stand for in your opinion?

Yankeez
03-28-2004, 07:16 PM
blackie we have an edit button so u dont have to double post

OC Noob
03-29-2004, 12:26 AM
I've never heard it called ninty. I'd probably ***** slap any of my friends who tried using it seriously, but I don't have to worry about that... all my friends are straight;)

Seriously, I'm just kidding. Although, I think ninty sounds a little fruity I am just joking around.

On a serious note, the whole XNA thing is just about as lame as anything I've ever heard on the subject.

XSN means:

Xbox
Slaps
Nintendo

Whatever.

At this point its all the typical "I heard from a friend of a friend who is a cousin to Bill Gates' pool cleaner and he says they are buying Nintendo."

IMO, garbage until confirmed or reported by a reputable source, rather then a friend of a friend of a reputable source.

Oh yeah, XNA:

XXX Xbox games slogan:

Xbox
Nipples
Anal

Xbox for gov of California slogan:

Xbox
Not
Arnold

The battle cry of RPG fans after finishing KotOR:

Xbox
Needs
Another

A plea to Japaneese gamers:

Xbox
Needs
Asians

Last but not least, the truth behind an Xbox/Nintendo merger:

Xbox
Never
Agrees

or

Xbox
No
Accept

or

Xbox
No
Agree

OR the most likely

Xbox 2
No-more
After-market

:D

Robflare
03-29-2004, 03:25 PM
The whole XNA concept is pretty cool, but they have to be careful with it. It really smacks more of a way of competing with EA than Sony. Think about it, they are putting together a giant technology toolshed so that developers don't have to constantly reinvent the wheel. From my understanding of the concept--For example, you want a large grassy evironment, click on our grass tool bar and plug it in. Now, the problem I see with this is that all of the games could begin to look very similar.....Not unlike all of EA's Battlefield games, football games, basketball, etc.....If that is the result, I will get really annoyed with the whole thing and go back to something drastic like actually exercising!

l Maximus l
03-29-2004, 03:58 PM
I've never heard it called ninty. I'd probably ***** slap any of my friends who tried using it seriously, but I don't have to worry about that... all my friends are straight;)

Seriously, I'm just kidding. Although, I think ninty sounds a little fruity I am just joking around.

On a serious note, the whole XNA thing is just about as lame as anything I've ever heard on the subject.

XSN means:

Xbox
Slaps
Nintendo

Whatever.

At this point its all the typical "I heard from a friend of a friend who is a cousin to Bill Gates' pool cleaner and he says they are buying Nintendo."

IMO, garbage until confirmed or reported by a reputable source, rather then a friend of a friend of a reputable source.

Oh yeah, XNA:

XXX Xbox games slogan:

Xbox
Nipples
Anal

Xbox for gov of California slogan:

Xbox
Not
Arnold

The battle cry of RPG fans after finishing KotOR:

Xbox
Needs
Another

A plea to Japaneese gamers:

Xbox
Needs
Asians

Last but not least, the truth behind an Xbox/Nintendo merger:

Xbox
Never
Agrees

or

Xbox
No
Accept

or

Xbox
No
Agree

OR the most likely

Xbox 2
No-more
After-market

:D

bwahahahahahahaha!!! Nice, dude :rofl:

Robflare
03-29-2004, 04:05 PM
Bwwwwwwwahhhhhhaaaa

BoundBruiser
03-29-2004, 09:31 PM
This post is spamillicious.

seriously though man two things first link? Second STOP DOUBLE POSTING and third Microsoft has lot's more monny than Nintendo (correct use of name) more likely if this happen it would be MS buying them out, not merging.

Actually Xbox would get more sales if these two companies merged. I Microsoft bought out Nintendo all the "Ninny" fans would run off crying. If they just merged those "Ninny" fans would buy the Box.

PapaSKooT
03-29-2004, 09:36 PM
Apparently
(X) box
(N) ext generation
(A) rchitecture

could also mean that Ninty might be on board
and thus
(X) box
(N) intendo
(A) agreement

a reality?

what do you think gang?

wit the power of XNA and Ninty's franchises, this could be heaven for gamers

LET THE SPECULATION BEGIN
NO! It means:

X-tremely
Naughty
Action!

blackiee2002
03-30-2004, 09:50 AM
NO! It means:

X-tremely
Naughty
Action!

:hump:

lol
you guys are creative.

Sexaya
03-30-2004, 10:09 AM
It means

Xstop
Nposting
Abull****

j/k. It means:

Xtra
Natural
Appendice
or

Xtremely
Neutral
After-shave
or

Xtraordinarily
Numbing
Antidote
or

Xtravagantely
Nifty
A-hole

alistein
03-31-2004, 08:32 AM
there is a high probability that this could be true .first the 2 companies are using thesame architects(IBM and ATI). Next the possibility of Nintendo surviving inthe industry with the next console is very slim, seeing that they are not capable of competing monetarily with the other two, also joining with Ms will leave the game developing in Nintendo's hand while relieving Ms to fully function in the software field once again. And finally Ms dropping all this games like tork and Pschonauts could be leading somehere if the rumour is true then they are justified as these games will easily be replaced by nintendo exclusives.

OC Noob
03-31-2004, 09:26 AM
there is a high probability that this could be true .first the 2 companies are using thesame architects(IBM and ATI). Next the possibility of Nintendo surviving inthe industry with the next console is very slim, seeing that they are not capable of competing monetarily with the other two, also joining with Ms will leave the game developing in Nintendo's hand while relieving Ms to fully function in the software field once again. And finally Ms dropping all this games like tork and Pschonauts could be leading somehere if the rumour is true then they are justified as these games will easily be replaced by nintendo exclusives.

Problem with that is, they are using processors from IBM based off the PowerPC chip, but so is Sony. IBM does a lot of chips and its not strange that MS and Nintendo are both having processors provided by them.

ATI is something a bit different. They bought out the small company that was producing the gfx chip for the Cube so they could put there name on it like NVidia was doing with Xbox. The gfx chips, while made by ATI, could be quite different or the same. Its hard to say, but saying they will be the same or even similar at this point is just a guess, without basis.

Nintendo is run by some stuborn old men who think using a GBA for a controller is more important then internet play. They have also said, so long as they are profitable they will make there own console and they are profitable still. If they do as well with the next gen console as they do with the Cube they are capable of competing financially. They may not make what the PS2 is making, but profit is profit.

Their third party support still sucks donkey balls, though and that is the only thing I think that would make them think about a joint venture with MS is that. I still think they are too old and stuborn to even think about it, though.

As much as I'd like to see it, I don't think it will happen and all the talk on the web is based on circumstantial evidence.

ps the titles MS is dropping are less then stellar performers and could easily be replaced by Shrek Party or Kabuki Warriors, lol.

blackiee2002
03-31-2004, 10:40 AM
Next the possibility of Nintendo surviving inthe industry with the next console is very slim

that is what i honsestly believe too. yaeh they might be making a little profit now, but it is only due to the GBA, certainly not the CUBE, and now that Sony is venturing into the Handheld, expect tough competition in that arena. if they lose subtential market of the handheld to Ninty, and do just as bad on thier console next gen. then trust me NINTENDO WILL SEIZE TO EXIST VERY FAST

alistein
03-31-2004, 11:49 AM
Recently Ms has been droping it's first party titles like Tork,Oddworld inhabitants, and psychonauts.This could be due to the merger since if Nintendo comes in they will be bringing in franchises that should be able to replace this games like Mario,Zelda, Starfox e.t.c
Point 2: it would seem Nintendo faces the highest risk in the next gen as support for them as waned and they are not as financially strong as Ms and Sony a few misses may see them following suit like Sega besides the next instalments of games development may cost them a fortune which might limit their titles alot ofcourse they may rebound with the Gameboy but then again no one knows how effective the PSP will be and what lengths it will go to emerge on top the GBA.
Finally the 2 comanies share a common location in Redmond and are not far apart also past relationships might play a part inthings here like the Rare buyout http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/4/0,3363,i=47960,00.gif

alistein
03-31-2004, 11:52 AM
These rumours are for now and when you really look at it in a sense isn't it possible that the influence of such a merger could break such games as such a merger regardlesss of the time it happens has an immeiate effect. For example if it were announced true and a Mario game and Zelda game are announced as launch title for 2005 August I'll be betting there are a number of people willing to wait for it and many would probably by an xbox just for that.After all if Ms really merges the xbox would eventually benefit from the merger as Nintendo games will eventually debue or the characters make a cameo appearance in some Ms games. So the effect is immediate and works in boosting things for Ms now also games from Sega and many other companies will be hitting Ms rather quickly either in ports e.t.c if Ms is getting the Nes franchises it could and probably would drop any game in development not certain to drive sales to pursue the ones that will. many are saying games like Psychonaut is a money pit even though I disagree,but Ms might think so after all they would still have to fund it from now all the way to fall had they not droppd it where it would have been massacred by the topdogs. I think Ms at this time will be focusing all it's strength on the X2. Besides this is all a rumour so I am basically just trying to see where things fit with
http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/4/0,3363,i=47960,00.gif

blackiee2002
03-31-2004, 12:15 PM
These rumours are for now and when you really look at it in a sense isn't it possible that the influence of such a merger could break such games as such a merger regardlesss of the time it happens has an immeiate effect. For example if it were announced true and a Mario game and Zelda game are announced as launch title for 2005 August I'll be betting there are a number of people willing to wait for it and many would probably by an xbox just for that.After all if Ms really merges the xbox would eventually benefit from the merger as Nintendo games will eventually debue or the characters make a cameo appearance in some Ms games. So the effect is immediate and works in boosting things for Ms now also games from Sega and many other companies will be hitting Ms rather quickly either in ports e.t.c if Ms is getting the Nes franchises it could and probably would drop any game in development not certain to drive sales to pursue the ones that will. many are saying games like Psychonaut is a money pit even though I disagree,but Ms might think so after all they would still have to fund it from now all the way to fall had they not droppd it where it would have been massacred by the topdogs. I think Ms at this time will be focusing all it's strength on the X2. Besides this is all a rumour so I am basically just trying to see where things fit with
http://common.ziffdavisinternet.com/util_get_image/4/0,3363,i=47960,00.gif

excellent post and good thought!

bostwick202
03-31-2004, 05:48 PM
of what i know, which is exactly opposite of what your saying, Ninty and Microsoft share a common goal, which is to take away market share away from sony. they are both also based in REDMOND WA.

correction, nintendo of AMERICA is based in redmond. Nintendo itself is probably based in like tokyo or something in japan

bostwick202
03-31-2004, 05:53 PM
Recently Ms has been droping it's first party titles like Tork,Oddworld inhabitants, and psychonauts.This could be due to the merger since if Nintendo comes in they will be bringing in franchises that should be able to replace this games like Mario,Zelda, Starfox e.t.c

you may be right but i supect they dropped them because they totally sucked a** but, i may be wrong. (Though they probably did)