PDA

View Full Version : Dues Ex: Invisible War

OuFtb
03-29-2004, 02:24 PM
What did yall think of Dues Ex: Invisible War, for me at first I'd see the comercials(sp?sorry) and read previews of it but wasn't really intrested tell I actully picked it up and played, and now I love it such a good game, really don't know why I like it so much I just do.

this really isn't a new relese but nothing else was getting post here.

Arrakis44
03-29-2004, 04:53 PM
I bought it on a Friday from Best Buy, completed inside a week (with all the endings) and traded it in to EB the following Saturday.

I wasnt overly impressed with this game - and in some areas i was a bit dissapointed! After playing through the first game (several times) i was looking for a new improved version of it. Sadly DX2 was not even close to the first, with so much of what made the first game great just cut out completely (the skill tree and the original biomod system - to name a few). Overall though the storyline was a pretty good resolution of the events of the first, but as a sequal to the multi-awardwing RPG of the year - it just didnt deliver!

rpgreligion
03-29-2004, 06:22 PM
I've definetly enjoyed Deus Ex. I probably haven't enjoyed it as much as most people do, although. Generally I can't stand futuristic RPGs, but there is something different about this one. Chances are, I wouldn't have bought this game. Good thing I won it. :cool:

But I'm glad I do own it. I definetly reccommend this title. :cheers:

Exprit
04-02-2004, 08:39 AM
I bought the game but didn't like it that much... Maybe I gave up a bit too quick... but after a couple of days I brought it back to the store (and I returrned to RS3 :D )

Hard Boiled Cop
04-02-2004, 11:15 AM
I still haven't completed this game yet. Too busy playing Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow.

pinkie
04-04-2004, 02:19 PM
I thought it was fantastic, and at least console-wise its an Xbox exclusive. It had me hooked, and I'll probably go back to it in a few months, especially now that Fable has been dropped back again (grr).

Reclaimer
04-13-2004, 11:03 AM
I have it, and I do like some of it. I like the story and all that, but I hate the combat parts because the actual fights don't feel fluid. Anytime I can pop a character wearing normal clothing with nine rounds of 9mm and he keeps coming... Man, theres something wrong.
The game has all this deepness to it, but I felt the shooting combat was just not there for me.
Good game, but just not what I wanted.

Hard Boiled Cop
04-13-2004, 01:45 PM
The story is great but the environments were dull. Frame rate could have been better though.

Reclaimer
04-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Oh yeah, half the time I don't care about the side tasks. If I'm supposed to be thinking along the lines of the story, then I could give a crap less about the coffee war side task. I just blew that off as much as I could.
Though I pretty much stop playing it.
I had to go and kill that woman and her security task force to free that pilot's plane..
After several failed attempts, I manage to do it, blowing all my ammo and depleting most of the dropped guns I could salvage.
Only to find that the task wasn't done yet, and you still have to fight a grip of soldiers in the actual hangar. Stealth or not, no bullets=short lifespan. You can only sneak around hacking people with the powersword thing being invisible for so long.

What I do enjoy are the physics. I spent 30 minutes laughing my ass off by picking up dead bodies, walking around and chucking them out windows.

OuFtb
04-13-2004, 05:18 PM
no bullets=short lifespan

Exactly my thoughts, I ran out of ammo twice each time I had to kill a ton of people with the energy blade and the part I am at now I have to kill two people that have the rail gun or somthing that drop no ammo with a energy blade, not possible. The no bullets thing takes this game from a 9, down to a 6 or 7 to me.

Brutus
04-15-2004, 02:47 PM
It was a great, but not immensely great game I thought.
Bought it played it in beat it in the first 2 weeks of it's release.