PDA

View Full Version : Game Save

Anthony4sho
03-29-2004, 07:16 PM
Here's my question. I frequent GameFaqs alot to look for tips, game info, etc. I have just recently noticed that for some games(KOTOR, SC, Halo)that their is a section called "Game saves" with various save points and what they contain. Some of them are very interesting for example, one of the Halo ones have you playing as a gold elite with a sword.

That's probably bull****, but I have heard of these game saves before and I would like to hear from anyone who has used these and how you get them off your computer and into your xbox. Any help would be appreciated.

BananaMan
03-29-2004, 07:22 PM
Here's my question. I frequent GameFaqs alot to look for tips, game info, etc. I have just recently noticed that for some games(KOTOR, SC, Halo)that their is a section called "Game saves" with various save points and what they contain. Some of them are very interesting for example, one of the Halo ones have you playing as a gold elite with a sword.

That's probably bull****, but I have heard of these game saves before and I would like to hear from anyone who has used these and how you get them off your computer and into your xbox. Any help would be appreciated.

no it's not bullshiz from what i heard, it does work, i think u need a modchip(not sayin nuttin more) or maybe action replay(prolly that?)

Anthony4sho
03-30-2004, 07:09 AM
So nobody knows anything about this?

OuFtb
03-30-2004, 08:47 AM
I havn't ever used them but sounds to me like you need Action Replay unless I'm mistaken it alows you to take saves of the internet and put them on your Xbox. Actully I just checked to make sure and all the saves for GTA games all show Action Replay save on them so thats how you use them.

SoundX
03-30-2004, 09:24 AM
It would be a intresting experience. How's about one where your a Sargent or one of those flood brain things ;0

Casper
03-30-2004, 10:57 AM
It's either with Action Replay or with the Mega X-Key. Basically, someone with an modded box can alter the game file and then play the game that way, thus saving it on either tool and then allowing it to be shared - this is why I despise the Action Replay since this has been carried onto XBL killing games like RTCW and RS3 (until the recent patch).

Chaotic
03-30-2004, 11:01 AM
It basically requires you to have a modded xbox so you can ftp the game save to your games directory. That's what game saves are for.

Casper
03-30-2004, 11:33 AM
It basically requires you to have a modded xbox so you can ftp the game save to your games directory. That's what game saves are for.

It doesn't have to be modded, that's what the AR and X-Key are for. hence, why I wish they would disable the profiles on Live so this doesn't get exploited to their 'secure' online gaming experience.

Anthony4sho
03-30-2004, 11:10 PM
ohhh I see. So basically this requires a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo. No thanks.

Crazy Joe
03-31-2004, 05:17 PM
ohhh I see. So basically this requires a bunch of technical mumbo jumbo. No thanks.

i'm pretty sure you just need an Action Replay, that's what i'm getting from what Casper is saying.

rpgreligion
03-31-2004, 05:44 PM
Yep. I believe you just need to pick up an Action Replay. You can buy it at your local EB or Best Buy, possibly even Wal-Mart.