PDA

View Full Version : Rtcw??

m4oH
03-29-2004, 08:04 PM
I have never played but I am thinking about getting it, could you tell me about the SP and MP (XBL and Splitscreen) aspects of this game. How much is it running for? I thank you in advance :cheers:

SnoochyBoochy
03-29-2004, 11:11 PM
it was fun when i played it but i guess theres tons of hackers and shizzle.

single player is alright though.

BinaryXtreme
03-30-2004, 12:31 AM
I love the game. The on line play invading different maps to retrieve secret documents is cool. The only problem is it is the most hacked game on Live. Panzers, machine guns, sniper rifles a blaze. I really like it.

l Maximus l
03-30-2004, 01:07 AM
I hated it...it's right up there with the pond scum of Bloodwake.

The game has horrible frame rate...playing it co-op really demonstrates this.

The only thing going for it is the XBox Live experience...which, at best, hugs ass.

Did I mention that I don't like RTCW?

Variation-XBA
03-30-2004, 02:54 AM
It was fun back in the day, but with PT, you dont need any other LIVE game :)

Xbox Owner
03-30-2004, 06:25 AM
It's awesome online, single player is ok. No splitscreen besides co-op, but if you get the game, it won't be for SP. The game is only $20 so you might as well get it.

BinaryXtreme
03-30-2004, 01:25 PM

The only thing going for it is the XBox Live experience...which, at best, hugs ass.

So do you like RTCW or not? Don't beat around the bush. :watchout:

l Maximus l
03-30-2004, 03:08 PM
So do you like RTCW or not? Don't beat around the bush. :watchout:

Hell yeah, dude! RTCW rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

m4oH
03-30-2004, 08:00 PM
It was fun back in the day, but with PT, you dont need any other LIVE game :)
Im not to sure about PT, I dont really like it :hump: :hump:

BananaMan
03-30-2004, 08:43 PM
I have never played but I am thinking about getting it, could you tell me about the SP and MP (XBL and Splitscreen) aspects of this game. How much is it running for? I thank you in advance :cheers:

In it's day it was the best, just like the original ghost recon was, damn i miss those days when live first come out :cry:

Cryogenic Pyro
03-30-2004, 11:01 PM

Someone who feels the same way I do about RTCW! Imagine that :D. You just said every positive thing about that game.

CRAYMAN
03-31-2004, 07:34 PM
When it first came out, it was "the definitive Xbox LIVE experience" as stated by OXM.
I logged many hours on LIVE.

It's still a real blast online. I cosidered picking it up again recently since the price drop. It's more fast paced than GR, but not REAL arcadey like UNREAL 1.

If you're on the fence and have never tried it, get it.

zero_ilesm
03-31-2004, 10:06 PM
Really good single player buy Live is terrible. Dont buy this for the live.
Its Running for $20 now.

Hard Boiled Cop
04-01-2004, 12:42 PM
I say rent it. You will get bored of the single player after you have completed which doesn't take more than 3 days if you're a hardcore gamer like me?

Shadow20002
04-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Hmm....if you can get it for 15 bucks and down, it's ok. :)

l Maximus l
04-01-2004, 04:15 PM
Hmm....if you can get it for 15 bucks and down, it's ok. :)

I don't know, man...I'd rather spend that cash on an overpriced DVD-RW than a copy of RTCW. lol

Stagliano
04-01-2004, 04:43 PM
I very much like Return to Castle Wolfenstein and especially enjoy the co-operative mode. It probably does have a number of problems but there's nothing which sticks out in my mind as really damaging the game. Then again, I've hardly played it online whatsoever, to know what that's like.

The setting for the single player/co-operative game is enjoyable. I think it all works really well and is a game you should definitely buy if you can get it for cheap.