PDA

View Full Version : Black Hole

thegamepeddler
03-30-2004, 11:14 PM
ok, all just recently MS has dropped the new Oddworld title, Psychonauts, and the '05 versions of it's football, basketball, and hockey series. I'm not saying any of these titles are absolute must-haves, and that anyone should weep. That may be the case, may not be. It may make zero difference and that someone will publish and they will remain exclusive. If you look back a little, some fairly high-profile games have been dropped or vanished from Microsoft's lineup. The Unseen and Tork come to mind. Ultimately these games had replacements, titles no one knew about until they were almost out the door, namely Voodoo Vince and Grabbed by the Ghoulies. Whether a person likes those titles or not, it's hard to argue they were blockbusters of the utmost quality. My question is: in dropping certain titles from it's near-term lineup, will MS be revealing more mediocrity, or is there a chance we might be blown away by a few E3 revelations? If their rhetoric is true about it being all about the games, one must assume E3 will hold some stellar replacements for what is now a shrinking first party '04-'05 lineup, even if it does include Halo 2, Fable, etc. Or are we to believe that MS will start rationing it's titles ala Nintendo? I hope against the latter, but it's difficult to trust Microsoft's rhetoric. Thoughts?

Variation-XBA
03-31-2004, 01:39 AM
I'm looking VERY forward to E3, to see what's all the stuff we know nothing of yet :)

Hope MS has something up it's sleeve.

DIGITAL
03-31-2004, 03:39 AM
since when did they can Psychonauts,please tell me no :bang:

thegamepeddler
04-01-2004, 05:45 PM
since when did they can Psychonauts,please tell me no :bang:

They didnt can it, they dropped it. Someone else will probably pick up the publishing rights.

George89
04-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Looks like MS isn't going out of their way to get some platform games onto the xbox.....now watch Psychonauts be an exclusive for the PS2 and be one of the best platformers ever.

CRAYMAN
04-01-2004, 07:19 PM
Are they really dropping their sports line?

I like Links and Fever.

revernd
04-01-2004, 07:40 PM
they will be keeping links and amped i believe

CRAYMAN
04-01-2004, 07:57 PM
:mad: :( :mad: :(