PDA

View Full Version : I preordered my Halo Special Edition Green Xbox, who else has?

Viper87227
03-31-2004, 04:40 PM
I am really stoked about this thing, it is absolutly beautiful, and only $169.99, I couldn't believe it. With only $10 down you can preorder it, and it comes out in like 2 weeks...

For those of you who havn't heard about this it is as follows...

Transluctant Green Special Edition Halo Xbox
Special Edition Halo with the featers that were added to the PC version
Playable Halo 2 Demo

I am probably gunna sell the system, keep the SE Halo and the Halo 2 demo for myself, I don't know yet but I do know I am so stoked for this thing, its going to be ****ing amazing. Finally, the US gets some of the forign treatment, wtg Microsoft.

BananaMan
03-31-2004, 04:48 PM
I am really stoked about this thing, it is absolutly beautiful, and only $169.99, I couldn't believe it. With only $10 down you can preorder it, and it comes out in like 2 weeks...

For those of you who havn't heard about this it is as follows...

Transluctant Green Special Edition Halo Xbox
Playable Halo 2 Demo

I am probably gunna sell the system, keep the SE Halo and the Halo 2 demo for myself, I don't know yet but I do know I am so stoked for this thing, its going to be ****ing amazing. Finally, the US gets some of the forign treatment, wtg Microsoft.

your *****tin us about the halo 2 demo aren't ya???!! :watchout:

//edit// i can't find this thing anywhere, got a link?

or is this april fools :D

SnoochyBoochy
03-31-2004, 05:14 PM
yup let's see some links!!!!

RichVGS
03-31-2004, 05:26 PM
Good for you. Personally, I can wait on Halo 2, so I don't need a demo. Second, you know that a couple of days after this comes out, Halo SE will be able to be found in used game stores because some people will just get this to get the Halo 2 demo.

P.S. - That demo is video based, not playable (per both Bungie and Gamespot)

CRAYMAN
03-31-2004, 06:02 PM

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

Cryogenic Pyro
03-31-2004, 06:08 PM
It will not have a playable Halo 2 demo. It will be an in-depth movie(If anything). The Halo version is the GOTY Edition, not a special edition with the PC additions. It also comes with a Halo controller S.

I wouldn't buy this, because personally, I don't have that much extra cash to blow on an Xbox, which I already have.

Viper87227
03-31-2004, 06:09 PM
Rich....the guy at EBGames told me it was playable. The video demo has been out for a while already, ive seen it at Best Buy. I guess I will see when I get it, but I am going with the guy at EB and hoping for a playable demo

Cryogenic Pyro
03-31-2004, 06:10 PM
Rich....the guy at EBGames told me it was playable. The video demo has been out for a while already, ive seen it at Best Buy. I guess I will see when I get it, but I am going with the guy at EB and hoping for a playable demo
So that's where it came from. The guys at EBGames and Gamestop are notorious for bending the truth to increase sales.

Yankeez
03-31-2004, 06:14 PM
How come u cant order it online anywhere?

CRAYMAN
03-31-2004, 06:18 PM
So that's where it came from. The guys at EBGames and Gamestop are notorious for bending the truth to increase sales.

Those guys are either the biggest idiots or complete liars.
They're usually PS2 fanboys as well.

Yankeez
03-31-2004, 06:29 PM
I definitely believe u viper but i wish i could just pre-order it online, i hate having to drive to damn EB

skorp
03-31-2004, 07:33 PM
It would be nice to see some link... :)

Other than that I think this is going to lead into an April fools prank! :p

diegoa
03-31-2004, 07:43 PM
it's true, if you go into your local EB they will probably have an ad for it at the counter. looks pretty cool if you're a collector or new to xbox, but other than that???

Yankeez
03-31-2004, 07:52 PM
the people in UK can get this one, id rather have that than the halo edition

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0001OH0U8.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

heres the halo limited edition version

http://store.ozxchip.com/promotions/green%20xbox%20large.jpg

BananaMan
03-31-2004, 08:01 PM
the people in UK can get this one, id rather have that than the halo edition

http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B0001OH0U8.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

heres the halo limited edition version

http://store.ozxchip.com/promotions/green%20xbox%20large.jpg

that mess is ugly, why the hell can't we get clear...btw what's on the halo SE game? anything new? and anyone found out if the halo 2 demo IS playable?

VenoM
03-31-2004, 08:20 PM
yea sure......and im bill gates :rolleyes: its not april 1st yet

Variation-XBA
03-31-2004, 08:27 PM
Those guys are either the biggest idiots or complete liars.
They're usually PS2 fanboys as well.
I work at EB and I'm an xbox fanboy :P

Shorezy
03-31-2004, 08:36 PM
Those Xbox's are sick there's no question about that. Worth some extra Halo stuff though? Dono about that. And I can also wait on Halo 2.

Hmmmmm, now maybe if it came with a Fable demo or Fable Xbox's...

Xorg
03-31-2004, 08:54 PM
I want a link!!!! :bang:

VenoM
03-31-2004, 09:03 PM
I want a link!!!! :bang:

there is no link.....its an april fools joke, cant believe some of you guys havnt caught on :eek:

SnoochyBoochy
03-31-2004, 09:22 PM
i wouldnt buy an xbox just cause it's a different color or clear... but i would buy a controller! i wonder if i can get one of those crystal ones...

BananaMan
03-31-2004, 10:12 PM
yeah it would be pretty sweet to have a clear controller like that.

themoosearmy
04-01-2004, 02:18 PM
I'm starting to hate April Fools, lol.

Btw, if any of you were Bungie fans at all, you'd know all of this stuff is BS from the beginning.

AloneInTheDark
04-01-2004, 02:43 PM
The Xbox Part is true, just not the part about halo.

DZNUTZ
04-01-2004, 02:55 PM
xorg...tight sig.

as for wether this is true or not..i have no idea. ..the only thing that sounds that cool would be a halo with pc additions..but i'm extremley skeptical of that holding any truth.

oh yea...and no ofeense variation. ..cuz i know u aint one...but if i had a nickel for everytime i knew something more about videogame related stuff then the folks that work at eb....i'd have enuff money to me a new plasma to play halo 2 on.

Viper87227
04-01-2004, 04:15 PM
VenoM, your dumber than they are =) ... Go to your local EB or Gamestop, you will see an add. I would get a link but not only am I do lazy, I am not sure if there are any, like yankeez said, you can't buy them online I guess. I am not ****ting you though, there is a huge add at the counter and you can preorder them for $10 down... The guy told me about the Halo SE thing and the Halo 2 demo, I guess I will find out mid-April if he stretched that one or not, but I am not ****ting you on the Green Xbox....they will be in US stores in two weeks...

Yankeez
04-01-2004, 04:18 PM
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/242826.asp

you guys got pizownd!

Viper87227
04-01-2004, 04:22 PM
Hahaha you *****tits.....and thanks yankeez. If I werent gay, I would r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz! So they don't mention the playable Halo2 or the SE halo, and th eguy from EB may have been ****tikaming me, but I told you all on the SE Xbox....time to go bathe in my non-April fools joke glory!

TechBonus
04-01-2004, 04:31 PM
Guys both of those styles are already out - but they are only used for dev kits. i guess they are making some for consumers in the same colors now.

Viper87227
04-01-2004, 04:36 PM
The pictues yankeez provided are just forign xboxs. The clear one is from Japan and the Green Halo one was released in New Zeland a bit ago, and they are bringing it to the US. It's not something completly new, but its the 1st time we have gotten a SE system, and since my little brother wants an Xbox, I am getting this and giving him my old one

VenoM
04-01-2004, 04:55 PM
okay...i believe the green xbox coming to the usa now :D i was wrong about that.... but theres no way im believing the halo se part....the guys at eb must of been fooling you...bungie has said tons of times that there not gonna do that

DZNUTZ
04-01-2004, 05:06 PM
.0actia;;y...not true..the was a panzor dragoon (or whateva its was called) SE xbox edition available in the states if i'm not mistaken.

it was almost all white.

Viper87227
04-01-2004, 05:12 PM
I know about the all white panzer dragon otra xbox, but I believe that was Europe only. I am to lazy to find any links to support my claim, so I challenge a less lazy person to prove me wrong :cheers:

BananaMan
04-01-2004, 05:15 PM
that xbox has been out, they just put halo in it and called it special edition :rolleyes:

WynnFire
04-01-2004, 06:40 PM
I just ordered it from Ebgames and got a confirmation. It better be real. I don't care about Halo (I already have it for xbox and pc) but want the console. I wonder what dvd drive will be inside. If this is real, I will be happy. My xbox dvd drive (thompson) is getting worse and worse. This is the best excuse to get a new xbox.

Slowride
04-01-2004, 07:03 PM
Damn....you must be loaded to have enough cash to completely waste on another xbox. And why buy it if you're just gonna sell it?

Cryogenic Pyro
04-01-2004, 08:08 PM
Hahaha you *****tits.....and thanks yankeez. If I werent gay, I would r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz! So they don't mention the playable Halo2 or the SE halo, and th eguy from EB may have been ****tikaming me, but I told you all on the SE Xbox....time to go bathe in my non-April fools joke glory!
You can't bathe in any glory from me, considering I told everything exactly how it actually is posted at the EBGames website now :p. The only thing I said that was wrong was that an in-depth Halo 2 movie would be included. I forgot to put If anything there, but it's there now :p.

Highlite23
04-02-2004, 12:21 AM
Well the link is real, the xbox is real, the actual content of the Halo game is up in the air...but as of tonight, my Gamestop knows nothing about it. :confused:

And I take offence to the comment about GS employees not knowing anything...I KNOW EVERYTHING!

LOL. :hail:

Yankeez
04-02-2004, 11:45 AM
interesting...the xbox is gone!

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/242826.asp

APRIL FOOLS!

err maybe not

SoundX
04-02-2004, 02:38 PM
i wouldnt buy an xbox just cause it's a different color or clear... but i would buy a controller! i wonder if i can get one of those crystal ones...

I still haven't opened my second crystal control, it's still in its packaging, I think there'll be alot of people doing that and then selling on ebay.

memphissheik
04-02-2004, 11:31 PM
alright....you know what..just because I'm a good guy....I'll be at work tomorrow at Gamestop and I'll find out about this disc and see what's on it....

here's the truth...the box is true..it's green..but since the disputed part is what's on the disc that's what Ill try and find info about..

and yes..we are taking reserves on the system.

Yankeez
04-02-2004, 11:32 PM
alright....you know what..just because I'm a good guy....I'll be at work tomorrow at Gamestop and I'll find out about this disc and see what's on it....

here's the truth...the box is true..it's green..but since the disputed part is what's on the disc that's what Ill try and find info about..

and yes..we are taking reserves on the system.
i think its just regular ol Halo, and no halo 2 gameplay :hump:

Yankeez
04-03-2004, 12:18 AM
Just ordered mine :hump:

now i can stare at my 3 xbox's..... :eek:

but of course im selling 1 of them :cry:

Viper87227
04-03-2004, 03:45 PM
Damn....you must be loaded to have enough cash to completely waste on another xbox. And why buy it if you're just gonna sell it?

I dont plan on selling it right away. Hopefully these will be in short supply, and eventually become a rarity that I can sell for a bit more than I paid...who knows
Ive also considered giving my little brother my XBox and using this one, his birthday is coming up and he wants an xbox.....i dunno yet, but i paid for it none the less, so whatever i do with it is my choice...

:bang: ...dunno what that was for, but it was never there before, so i wanted to use it :bang:

Hawkhead11
04-03-2004, 08:39 PM
Im with snoochy, I just want one of those sick ass clear controllers!

Viper87227
04-03-2004, 09:08 PM
snoochy is a coot, never side with him :cheers:

Yankeez
04-03-2004, 09:08 PM
snoochy is a coot, never side with him :cheers:
Agreed :hump:

Viper87227
04-03-2004, 09:25 PM
Agreed :hump:

And to think, we used to hate each other.... :cheers:

:bang: ...I just love this thing

WynnFire
04-05-2004, 02:20 AM
All the Halo 2 thing is, is an in depth look at Halo 2. It's probably the same thing everyone saw months ago. Maybe that thing that Best Buy offered when Brute Force came out.

Yankeez
04-05-2004, 02:52 AM
All the Halo 2 thing is, is an in depth look at Halo 2. It's probably the same thing everyone saw months ago. Maybe that thing that Best Buy offered when Brute Force came out.
ya, i can care less if halo even comes with it i just bought it cause of the translucent case :hump:

WynnFire
04-05-2004, 12:52 PM
ya, i can care less if halo even comes with it i just bought it cause of the translucent case :hump:

Same here, :p

Hero
04-05-2004, 05:00 PM
im about to go pre-order this myself..crappy thompson is unbearable now. i would have greatly preffered the clear xbox though.

Yankeez
04-05-2004, 05:10 PM
im about to go pre-order this myself..crappy thompson is unbearable now. i would have greatly preffered the clear xbox though.
someone is actually selling just the clear case on ebay, its like $120 right now with 2 days left, i want it so bad :(

MikeMan91389
04-05-2004, 08:05 PM
is it just the case??? cuz wouldnt the box b PAL not NTSC

Yankeez
04-05-2004, 08:39 PM
is it just the case??? cuz wouldnt the box b PAL not NTSC
the crsytal one im talking about is the case, the real crystal ones with the xbox hardware wouldnt work in the US since there PAL