PDA

View Full Version : How is Solider of Fortune 2: Double Helix?

Sigma
04-01-2004, 01:04 PM
This game retails for $20 so I was thinking about picking it up. I've heard it sucked, but is it worth $20. I played RtCW on an Xbox demo disc and didn't like (I have it on PC already anyway). If SoF2 is worth $20 I may just pick up a copy.

bretman1234
04-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Whenever you aren't sure about what a game is like, always remember to check out reviews. Thats the reason people post them :)

Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix (http://www.xboxaddict.com/products/profile/released.php?Product_ID=41)

George89
04-01-2004, 07:09 PM
I guess for $20 it would be a good buy. It's a good FPS, but dated and doesn't have any graphical upgrades. It also is XBL enabled.

CRAYMAN
04-01-2004, 07:21 PM
I heard too many negatives on this title from reviews and elsewhere to consider getting it.

Heavens Gate
04-02-2004, 07:07 AM
This game retails for $20 so I was thinking about picking it up. I've heard it sucked, but is it worth $20. I played RtCW on an Xbox demo disc and didn't like (I have it on PC already anyway). If SoF2 is worth $20 I may just pick up a copy.

I think the game is well worth even $50.00. The violence alone is worth it. It has to be the most violent game ever and was banned in australia and (I think) canada. It's has a map generator, multiple story maps and missions and is a great game. Trust me, If you like violent games, get it. It don't get much better than this.

CRAYMAN
04-02-2004, 08:56 AM
I don't think I've ever heard of "violence" *seriously* being considered as a primary ingredient of a quality title, until now. If that's the primary reason to pick this title up, don't forget to get Turok, where you can pummell little monkeys with an axe. WHEEEEEEEEE!

mattgame
04-02-2004, 10:04 AM
No it's not. It's not worth it at all.

Hard Boiled Cop
04-02-2004, 11:39 AM
I think the game is well worth even $50.00. The violence alone is worth it. It has to be the most violent game ever and was banned in australia and (I think) canada. It's has a map generator, multiple story maps and missions and is a great game. Trust me, If you like violent games, get it. It don't get much better than this.

Tell me about the controls. Fluid? Easy? How about the gameplay? The lifespan?

Sigma
04-02-2004, 12:21 PM
The only reason I would consider buying it is for XBL, but the reason I am asking you guys is so that I can get the opinions of the people since I have seen the so-so reviews of the game. Apparently it isn't worth the time of day though so I may just give it a rent.

Brutus
04-02-2004, 01:49 PM
Yeah. I thought the same as you. I got the game used for $13.00 and I still don't think that it was worth it.

Wolfboy_888
04-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Actually the game is not great on live but pretty good on single player...on live the game is very choppy and there is never anyone on. The recon and duck and cover aspects are really lost in the game to.

Hawkhead11
04-03-2004, 08:44 PM
It is my favorite FPS (Besides HALO and Goldeneye). The LIVE is so sweet on it! Go pick it up now!
The controls are flawless, and so is just about everything else.

ScottTheKilla
04-04-2004, 12:19 AM
Well Ive had the game for a long time. I dont play it anymore because of games like counterstrike now though. My opinion is the single player was pretty dumb but playable. Live play was why I bought it though. This was my most played game online for awhile because of its fast pace, multiple modes of play, and realistic weapons. I liked it better then rtcw. Anyway I played it last month and its hard to get into again after all these other newer releases. $20 is not bad for a price but it is a older game.

Fatnick
04-04-2004, 07:46 AM
well, as someone stated earlier its pretty dated. It really is quite ugly to look at and some aspects such as the non-deformable objects are quite embarrassing now (if there's a vase on a table, it isn't going to break no matter how many grenades you chuck at it!), but if you can get over these problems its got a nice, large single player and well implemented live support (it isn't half as choppy as everyone says). Certainly, if you like Counter Strike but are growing tired of C/S' slightly limited game modes i'd say it is worth picking up.

OC Noob
04-04-2004, 07:26 PM
ou say you have a PC, so I would recommend getting the SoFII Gold pack which contains everything on the PC uptil now for it. Atleast officially released stuff. Way back when it was a great game, but now like people have said, its quite dated.

If you are bored and need a game after playing through all of the recent titles I'd get it... in fact I did! It was well worth the $20 so long as you can get past the oldness.

I would definitly go PC on this one though, so you can take advantage of all the player mods.

ps, never played the Xbox version though.