PDA

View Full Version : I just rented Test Drive Off Road: Wide Open and it is Bad.

WynnFire
01-12-2002, 01:10 AM
When I mean bad, I mean BAD!! As in Bad Bad. Not the cool kind of Bad. Sorry if I'm not making sense.

The only good part is that you get HUGE wide open spaces to drive around in. Hence the Wide Open. Anyway, I was driving around Yosemite in the game on Free Roam and the graphics are unmistakingly PS2 type graphics. The colors are bad, bland, and just horrible. First, you can't change views so that you can see from the inside out. It's only in a third person type way. Another thing, I was driving in tunnels, flying off cliffs, etc.. and the reflection in the back door of the truck never changed. I was in a tunnel going around a corner with a big ass Train on my ass and it had a reflection of trees on the tail.

Plus the water isn't the best I have ever seen, same with the forest fires. It's kind of cool that they're are other things in the game moving besides the other trucks you're racing. Cars driving on long roads, trains, fire engines, helicopters, etc... All in all, if they improved the graphics a little more, had a stronger vibration when you git something, and added more colors, this could have been a pretty kick ass game. One last thing, I don't know if it's my controller or what but, the vibration wouldn't kick in until a second after I slammed into a rock or the ground. All I can really say is, it's no 4X4 Evo.

Yes, many people say that's a bad game but, it sure is better than this one and I for one, liked 4X4 Evo for the Dreamcast. Anyway, I will go now.

One more thing, I forgot to mention. The Soundtrack SUCKS!!! The only decent song on it is, "Fuel" by Metallica.

sinizuh
01-12-2002, 01:15 AM
i kinda figured it out it was bad when i played 5 mins of it in store... then i switched to Luigi Mansion... oh god... i need to play some real games...

*looks for a ps2 display with gta3 or ffx*

GokuX
01-12-2002, 01:53 AM
I kinda figured it would be bad when I played Test Drive for the Playstation like 5 years ago. The XBox is good, but it can't work miracles.