PDA

View Full Version : I'm selling on ebay and need some help:

SoundX
04-03-2004, 09:15 AM
Hey guys, well I've got a new Crystal Xbox now and I'm going to sell the old one on ebay, I was just wondering if you could give me a ruff idea of how much I would get for the following. *In Pounds please*

Fully boxed extremely good condition Xbox, all leads and one official controler included, as well as a extra bonus Official Pad, set of Demo's and RF Adapter.

*Note: Xbox has a Thompson Drive*

Here's my description I'll put with it. Feel free to stab in suggestions :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Description:

This Xbox is just about a year old, but in very good condition. I’m one of those people who likes to keep everything very clean.
Everything works perfectly fine, but there is one minor set back. It has a Thompson drive, these drives sometimes tend to give error messages from time to time, but it’s no big issue. And nothing to be worried about, just reboot the game and it’ll be fine. You could also replace it with a Samsung or Phillips if you want. But it’s not necessary.

The Xbox comes complete with all leads and equipment needed and I’ve even left on some hard worked for saves.

One Burnout 2 Point of Impact save with all gold on the crash mode. There is also just one race to be done to complete the game and it comes with all cars.

One Halo Save, completed on all settings including the extremely hard Legendary mode.

One Project Gotham Racing save with all cars and courses unlocked.

As well as all this I’ll even throw in a set of demos:

And a Bonus Official Controller and a RF Unit.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for your help :)

wbio
04-03-2004, 09:46 AM
well, if it was me, I wouldn't say what problems come with the thompson, I would just say "It has a Thompson drive" and leave it at that

Yankeez
04-03-2004, 12:26 PM
If it originally came with a thompson drive you are not obligated to say what drive it is.

kenji
04-03-2004, 12:32 PM
well, if it was me, I wouldn't say what problems come with the thompson, I would just say "It has a Thompson drive" and leave it at thatI agree. You seem to contridict yourself when you explain the drive.
Everything works perfectly fine, but there is one minor set back. It has a Thompson drive, these drives sometimes tend to give error messages from time to time, but it’s no big issue. And nothing to be worried about, just reboot the game and it’ll be fine. You could also replace it with a Samsung or Phillips if you want. But it’s not necessary.This paragraph should be reworded. You say it is no problem at the end, so I don't think that it is necessary to put it in there. You could say something like:"This Xbox has a Thompson drive in it. This drive should last a few years until it needs replacement. I believe that Microsoft will repair your Xbox for free if the drive causes any problems."

I wouls also say that all the saves on the Xbox can be deleted easily.

Hope this helps!:cheers:

Good Luck!:cheers:

Highlite23
04-03-2004, 03:18 PM
Well I'm not sure about pounds, but here is the US run down on what you can expect buying retail. You can do the conversion. :)

New Systems: $149.99
Refurbished: $129.99-139.99
Used: $119.99

As stated earlier, I wouldn't mention the Thompson drive "Problems", one of my Xbox's is a launch unit and has yet to display any error codes.

Good Luck.

RockTheCasba
04-03-2004, 03:34 PM
If i were you id say this

Microsoft Xbox Video Game System

THE MICROSOFT XBOX COMES WITH ONE CONTROLLER, AV CABLE, AND POWER CORD ONLY!!

Features:

Four game controller ports that allow easy multiplayer gaming and enable other peripherals, ranging from game pads to voice-activated headsets.

A front-loading DVD tray.

A multisignal audio-video connector that allows for easy hookup to televisions and home theater systems.

An Ethernet port for rich, fast-action online gaming via a broadband connection.

An NVIDIA graphics processing unit (GPU), delivering superior graphic performance.

An Intel 733MHz processor, the most powerful CPU of any console.

An internal hard drive, for massive storage of game information — a first in the console gaming industry.

Xbox is the Microsoft future-generation video game system, delivering the most powerful games experiences ever. Xbox empowers game artists by giving them the technology to fulfill their creative visions as never before, creating games that blur the lines between fantasy and reality.

The Xbox video game system and controller are designed to capture the power and performance that Xbox will deliver and are based on the input of more than 5,000 gamers and games creators from around the world. Sleek and powerful in its look, in a rich shade of black, the Xbox video game system is emblazoned with a large "X" and a signature green Xbox "jewel" positioned in its center.

THE MICROSOFT XBOX IS IN EXCELLENT WORKING CONDITION.

THIS IS A USED TESTED MICROSOFT XBOX .

Hawkhead11
04-03-2004, 08:33 PM
Ill buy the Crystal X-Box Controller if it'll work on an american one!

SoundX
04-04-2004, 06:38 AM
Alright, cool, thanks for your help guys. I'll rework that paragraph.