PDA

View Full Version : Is Microsoft doing away with the XN Sports line?

Razor70
04-04-2004, 07:38 PM
I heard recently that Microsoft has decided to not continue with this line. Can anyone tell me more about this decision? Thanks.

CrazyCougar
04-04-2004, 11:00 PM
Goodbye XSN Titles............for this year at least. MS finally realized that their sports titles were absolutely inferior to anything on the market and decided to step back into development for at elast a year. So while it hasnt canned the XSN Titles, you wiil not see them in 2004. With the exception of Links, but thats an already well established title and is not even in the same League as Fever, Rivals or Inside Pitch. Those 3 titles weren't even worth a Romper Room seal of approval.

Ninjermy
04-04-2004, 11:29 PM
also the execption of amped... i think they are continueing to make that also if i am not mistaken...

Trento52
04-05-2004, 12:14 AM
they are making amped and links and i am not sure about top spin because that doesn't need any tweaking for a year because it is already the best.

CarGuy
04-05-2004, 09:00 AM
they are making amped and links and i am not sure about top spin because that doesn't need any tweaking for a year because it is already the best.

No, it could use some tweaking.. It's slightly buggy and the loading times are ridiculous... otherwise it's great.

MikeMan91389
04-05-2004, 08:22 PM
the loading times are ungodly

bye bye XSN, i only played amped and links and top spin anyways :)

mattgame
04-06-2004, 02:08 PM
I may be the only one on this site who actually liked those games. I will miss Inside Drive, and Fever. What will us sports enthusiasts do for online play now? EA won't budge, and ESPN is not that good anymore. I believe that for a system to be successful they need a great platformer, RPG, racer, and a sports title and a good FPS doesn't hurt either. Xbox has the FPS,RPG and racer. They need sports. I hope they give it another try.

Batcave76
04-06-2004, 02:17 PM
How come no EA sports on XBox live?Is their live aspect exclusive to Sony?