PDA

View Full Version : How The F*** Do You Beat Alma

Live Faction
04-04-2004, 11:55 PM
OK... I have been playing Ninja Gaiden all the way up to this boss, its fun... but sometimes (just like now) i get stuck on this hard bosses and i have no frieken Elixir's (health)... does anyone have any hints or ideas of what i can do!

To sum it up- Im at Alma... No Elixir's... dont know what weapons to use... dont know what to do... help!

Ninjermy
04-05-2004, 10:11 AM
alma is probably one of the hardest bosses. seeing how you have no potions my advice is to go back a ways and get some! whether u have to replay some stuff or just find more stuff, u need elixers! best weap is your dragon sword.

mattgame
04-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Hit her when she lands. Keep running and don't have too much distance between you and her. You can get about two hits on her then run for your life. You may need more elixir though. Good luck.

Jamo
04-05-2004, 07:01 PM
Well if you know how to fight her and move right she won't even touch you. My third time fighting her after beating the game twice she never touched me. How? Well you got to know what moves to do at the right time. When she throws the pillars at you run to the left or right. Jump the first one then as you hit the ground roll. When she throws the purple energy balls at you simply run and jump if necessary. Try to knock her out of the air by doing the flying swallow move I think its called. Jump at her and press Y. (Keep in mind there is know guarantee that you'll hit her as she is quick to learn tactics) If you miss don't turn around and immediately try again or you'll possibly get cuaght in a nasty grab move. If you do hit her hit her with one or two combos. When she gets back up in teh air don't try to hit her again! Chances are you'll get cuaght in a nasty grab move. Run away aways and continue the routine. Be extremely careful. If your close and she tries to drop kick you from the air jump away. If she's walking aound on the ground try the flying swallow move. If you feel like you have no chance of avoiding an attack use the fire ball as a defensive tactic. It'll keep you alive and you might even hit her with it. Don't stick to close to her for too long remember. Well that's the best advice I can give you.

DemonLoki
04-05-2004, 10:02 PM
You can aslo roll under here and blast here with your fireball which knocks her dowm, if your fast you can get a quick attack in and roll away before she grabs you

BG_Master
04-20-2004, 10:18 PM
i beat alma with zero elixers, 4 ninpo attacks, plus two ninpo potions..... what i did is i waited for her to lunge at me (she will eventually do this, just dodge everything else), then i rolled (or jumped, i dont know) to the side and performed a flying swallow while she was still looking the other way... this makes her paralyzed, so i used ice ninpo (only twice so i could have full ninpo for maximized points at the end) and random combos with the dragon sword, level 2 (very important: i have found that dragon sword is the best, all other weapons SUCK major a**)... When she starts to move again, GET AWAY!!!!!! i got away from this match with minimal damage, but you could always try risking it to do away with her faster.... this was one of the msot fulfilling boss fights in a game EVER!!!!!!!! you'll know what i mean if you've beaten alma!

interesting note: i noticed that everytime i restarted from the save point after dieing, it added to my time, which pissed me off...

after you beat her, make sure to go back into the monastary and get the war hammer, which you saw rachel drop in the video right after the fight....

The Jackal
04-21-2004, 12:17 AM
Shes pretty easy cause she doesnt change her attacks... all you have to watch out for is her grab cause if she gets you youre f*cked... i just jumped around dodgin her attacks then when she flew at me i dodged then did that jump attack to knock her down and combo her a$$

Shadow20002
04-21-2004, 11:16 AM
Are you playing on Normal or Hard mode ?