PDA

View Full Version : Fight Night

CRAYMAN
04-05-2004, 02:48 PM
I just read the IGN review for Fight Night and I must say it confirmed a NON-purchase for me.
Too many areas for improvement in this innovative title.
The redeeming part of it was on-line play, which Xbox will not have! :cuss:
Sooo, even though I'm a boxing, video game junkie, I will probably be passing this.
I played the demo in-store and wasn't overly impressed by that either.

Yankeez
04-05-2004, 09:43 PM
How bout trying the full 100% finished version, instead of listening to one mans opinion of a game :hump:

Sexaya
04-06-2004, 07:24 AM
For me, there's nothing like being in the ring. No other game will come close... Though I will probably try Fight Night 2005 if it has XBL compatability. This version however, doesn't do it for me.

I'll stay in the real ring for now :)

CRAYMAN
04-06-2004, 10:27 AM
How bout trying the full 100% finished version, instead of listening to one mans opinion of a game

Sorry, I'm not one of those people that has to play a game for 2 hours to determine I dislike a game.
Sometimes a game that I try briefly and dislike, will get stellar reviews. Then I might revisit it to see if there was something I missed. But for the most part, if I dislike the demo and the game receives mediocre/mixed reviews, I ain't buyin' it.

studepaber
04-06-2004, 01:49 PM
Sorry, I'm not one of those people that has to play a game for 2 hours to determine I dislike a game.
Sometimes a game that I try briefly and dislike, will get stellar reviews. Then I might revisit it to see if there was something I missed. But for the most part, if I dislike the demo and the game receives mediocre/mixed reviews, I ain't buyin' it.

Your loss man, cause this game blows away any boxing game to date. Create a boxer is nearly as deep as Tiger Wood's CAG. Gameplay is the most realistic I've ever seen in a boxing game (with the exception of the announcing). Very polished game that is only lacking online support, BTW Crayman the demo just shows a glimpse of how great this game is.

CRAYMAN
04-06-2004, 02:04 PM
Your loss man, cause this game blows away any boxing game to date. Create a boxer is nearly as deep as Tiger Wood's CAG. Gameplay is the most realistic I've ever seen in a boxing game (with the exception of the announcing). Very polished game that is only lacking online support, BTW Crayman the demo just shows a glimpse of how great this game is.

Oh, I want the game, especially after comments like that, but without LIVE(stupid EA/MS), it won't win over football or R63 or Pandora.
I might pick it up when/if it drops in price and there aren't a lot of games out, but with all the stellar titles around the corner...Halo2 and a slew of others, it probably won't make the rotation. :(

studepaber
04-06-2004, 02:51 PM
Oh, I want the game, especially after comments like that, but without LIVE(stupid EA/MS), it won't win over football or R63 or Pandora.
I might pick it up when/if it drops in price and there aren't a lot of games out, but with all the stellar titles around the corner...Halo2 and a slew of others, it probably won't make the rotation. :(

:confused: It's gonna make a great party game this weekend, between this, Warioware (Gamecube) and several frosty brews between me and my buddies I have my weekend set.

Crayman outta curiousity you say you're a boxing video game junkie, so what boxing game would top this?? Victory Boxing, Knockout Kings? Ready to Rumble? Rocky? IMO this blows all of these away. Although this game can't touch Mike Tyson's Punchout :)

mattgame
04-06-2004, 02:57 PM
I like it. It is as close to the real deal as you can get. I only think they need to add the ref in the ring and let the boxers get on their horse a little more. Other than that it's gonna be hot.

CRAYMAN
04-06-2004, 03:07 PM
:confused: It's gonna make a great party game this weekend, between this, Warioware (Gamecube) and several frosty brews between me and my buddies I have my weekend set.

Crayman outta curiousity you say you're a boxing video game junkie, so what boxing game would top this?? Victory Boxing, Knockout Kings? Ready to Rumble? Rocky? IMO this blows all of these away. Although this game can't touch Mike Tyson's Punchout :)

No, I didn't say I was a "boxing video game junkie", I said, I am a Boxing, video game junkie. So, I like boxing and video games.
And if I had some pals like you that could come hang out and play at my "crib" like in college, I would definitely pick this up.
But now, for the most part, the friends I play with are on LIVE due to family responsibilities and the like. :cry:
Cheers to you and your mates, have a GREAT weekend :cheers:

X-Fan
04-06-2004, 04:35 PM
man never even heard of this game before yesterday when i wa sat eb and i saw at least 10 ppl asking for fight within a span of 10 mins and they all were turned away as it was being given to only those who reserved it.

mitchrules1
04-07-2004, 10:18 PM
i'm looking to pick this titel up as soon as i can collect the money, its looks great with the analaog controlling all the punches as it looks like, its gonna be great.

skorp
04-08-2004, 01:51 AM
I saw the trailers on Gametrailers.com... I like the concept of the game then again the last boxing game I had was Mike Tyson's punch out on my NES.... :rolleyes:

But anyway, I like how you can have complete control in your movements when you dodge and punch using the thumbsticks... Awesome!

They really really need to work on the graphics though... geez! :eek:

CRAYMAN
04-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Rocky Legends is being developed by UBI, And it will be LIVE enabled.

I'll be waitin'.

BORNGD
04-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Career mode is weak...again

you are FORCED to retire at the age of 40. I'd rather keep boxing while certain atributes go down and work harder for wins. Not just retire all of the sudden...they need to work on the career mode a little for next years version...and no online play? this is a rental

mattgame
04-12-2004, 10:50 AM
I am having a ball with this one. I see room for improvement though. Like the players movements can be improved.

BORNGD
04-15-2004, 06:19 PM
so if the career ends when you are 40...how old is your boxer when you start? just curious about how many bouts are in a carreer? 40? 30?